Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tubing Hook Up

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tubing Hook Up
    Posted: March-25-2021 at 10:49pm
Ok... I’m sure a lot of you are going to dog me for this but we like to bumper tube off out 1999 (2) tubes and up to 4 people when tired out from skiing... I have been using the factory pylon, BUT I could do a lot more whipping around if I could use the stern lifting eye... does anyone do this with out damage to the boat?

Remember be kind!
Otto
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2021 at 12:01am
I’ve seen a pylon get seriously bent from towing a big tube with 4 people. I would only Ski from the pylon if it was my boat. I’m not a big fan of towing from the lifting ring, but I believe it’s better than the pylon. (I didn’t give you crap for tubing you’ll notice)

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2021 at 8:55am
I thing someone previously suggested using a strap from rear lifting eye up to pylon, to reinforce it while pulling tube.  Seems like a reasonable caution to take. 
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2021 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

I thing someone previously suggested using a strap from rear lifting eye up to pylon, to reinforce it while pulling tube.  Seems like a reasonable caution to take. 

I've considered this idea in the past.  I have the rigging from an older Fly-High pole that I could modify to work.  I may have to look at that for pulling my grandkiddos.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2021 at 3:00pm
Otto

If you click on the link below, you'll find some info

In the 6th post down there is a quote from the "hater of all things associated with tubing" himself telling about in his words, a "fantastic" hook up method.Wink

He likes to talk about lifting rings a lot too

He also likes to tell you what you should or shouldn't do with that boat that belongs to you

It's probably  what SNObsessed was remembering.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 8:28am
My wife is a ICU Flight nurse. Each year they have to pick up via helicopter some kids who were tubing behind the boat on the same or dual tubes.  They bang heads together and it is like smashing two water melons together. 

In one case, she had two 16 years old boys and one was critically injured, They rolled him into the Emergency Room in Charlotte and the Emergency Room doctor turned out too be his father. Needles to say it was a bad deal and they had to get a different doctor on the case. The Doctor / Father understandable freaked out see his son with a smashed head. 

When we are on the lake and we see two on a tube or two tubes behind a boat, my wife starts to have a negative reaction. 

Regards, 

Donald 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2021 at 12:14pm
I totally agree. I live on an 18,500 acre Lake Keowee in SC. Atlanta is 2 hours away, many wealthy Atlantans have second homes here. The number of large wakeboats have drastically increased since I moved here in 2003. We have a lot of injuries due to kids tubing, more correctly adults pulling kids on tubes slinging them around. Definitely more tubing injuries than waterskiing, wakeboarding and surfing. Why? Because with and towed water sports (except tubing) the towed party can choose to throw the rope thereby eliminating the chance for contact with another person or fixed object. My skiing is now done only during the week or at a private lake. Pickup an Overtons catalog and tubes are in great abundance. Factor in the boat operator with a case of beer and you have the recipe for impending disaster. I feel sorry for these kids who don’t get the chance to develop a love of water sports. It’s easier for their parents to yank them around on tubes than to teach them to learn a sport.
C_Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 1:26pm
ask @Hollywood 
1979 Calipso Runabout (the boat that got it all started)
1988 Mastercraft ProStar 190 (sold)
2000 Pro Air Nautique/GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic