NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2021 Nautique Regattas

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Nautique Regattas
    Posted: March-15-2021 at 8:09am
Just throwing this up as Spring is here and to see how many of you CCFans are planning on attending one? First one up is the Southeast Regatta on June 25-27th on Lake Lanier which is my backyard.
A handful of us went to the Regatta on Lake Martin AL a couple years ago and had a great time with ScottZ winning the oldest boat award. You can sign up to test drive any of the boats in the Nautique lineup for about a hour and have a Team athlete go with you for some free instruction. Scott "The Rocketman" Ellis went with Heather, Frank and I. He's a cool guy! As predicted....the Classic CC guys swarmed together as a group in a sea of G's and 210's. It's a free event including cool swag and dinner on Fri & Sat nights all paid by CCHQ! Who's coming?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2021 at 8:59am
Was planning on being there this year until they moved the date up to June.
Normally, our annual beach trip is in July, but this year it is June 26-July 3.
So bummed I will miss the Nautique Regatta on my home lake !
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2021 at 3:43pm
Registered and booked for a Saturday am ski session on the Lanier Ocean.  Picked the earliest time available hoping maybe, just maybe the water won't be bad.  Its only a few hours from me so we're planning to load up and pull down Friday morning to hopefully get some time on the water away from all the wallys.  Looking forward to it, hope to see a good CCFan turnout.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 7:50am
On weekends its usually good until 9-930 as long as the surfships sleep in. They will probably take you to Shoal Creek across the channel . It used to be a nice ski cove but now its ruined by surfers. Young Deer is a good cove especially on Friday.  Give me a call and we can hook up. Mike 678-227-8833  
cboland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cboland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 2:43pm
The original date wasn't going to work for me due to the family beach vacation, but the rescheduled date worked it all out.  I'll be there.

I was under the impression that Morfoot was going to be throwing the mother of all classic CC parties at his lake estate. LOL
Bud

1999 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

First one up is the Southeast Regatta on June 24-25th on Lake Lanier which is my backyard.

This is a Thursday - Friday.

Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Registered and booked for a Saturday am ski session
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

First one up is the Southeast Regatta on June 24-25th on Lake Lanier which is my backyard.

Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Registered and booked for a Saturday am ski session

He shouldn't have a waiting line on Saturday morning then...........or anybody to pull him either I guess Wink
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 4:52pm

Fake News

For you other calendar challenged folks, thats Friday - Sunday

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 5:08pm
That darn daylight savings thing changes everything.....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2021 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed  OOoop... my bad. 24-27th...  Work interference with boating blog Big smile  Yes, there may or may not be a pre-Regatta Docktail warmup Nautique gathering @ the Morfoot Marina on Thursday for my fellow CCFans. You'll have to contact the Marina for details Wink

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 12:01pm
The Farmer Family will dragging the 76 Ski Nautique up to the Regatta this year! Super excited to head North for a change. We're staying at the Lanier Island Resort Wed-Sunday.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 8:44am
It will be great to see you again . Touch base with me when you get here I will show you around. Mike Hunter 678-227-8833
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2021 at 7:01am
Anybody else planning to attend?
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2021 at 11:07am
Working on it. 

Would staying at a hotel in Cumming, Ronald Reagan parkway put me too far from the festivities?  

I have not been on that lake since 1990, none of the development was around it like now.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2021 at 10:33pm
Doesn't look like they are interested in marketing to Yankee's since none are scheduled north of the Mason Dixon line. Better not let them find out your from Illinois Mike LOL 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2021 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Doesn't look like they are interested in marketing to Yankee's since none are scheduled north of the Mason Dixon line. 

That's because the water is only warm enough to play in for two weeks and then y'all have to start pulling out docks and lifts because the first freeze is on the way after Labor Day.  Come to Green Lake they said', its the perfect place to have a CCFan reunion in July. Froze my @$$ off for 3 days, had a campfire burning the entire time I was there.  

That's why they're having it in the south. Water temp on Lanier is already 70'F and it's only April! Big smile
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2021 at 5:57am
Gary,
I thought you were the wuss with the cold only to now realize Tim is even worse! Shocked  Big smile

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2021 at 6:08am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tim is even worse! Shocked  Big smile

Says the guy who is ALWAYS wearing Long sleeve monogrammed shirts everywhere he goes including Norwegian Bay.Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2021 at 6:22am
I thought I got smarter when I moved from IL to IN then I turned into a dam genius and  moved to GA. Went from 35 hours a year to  250 plus.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 8:23am
Soooooooooooo the SE Regatta is next week. A few CCFans  that are coming that are mostly local ( or neighbors) and a couple of outta towners that let me know personally but is there anyone else coming? Nautiques dinner for Sat night is Luau themed so bring your favorite Hawaiian shirt. Where's JoeinNY when ya need him? Big smile
Gators_80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gators_80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2021 at 2:09pm
Unfortunately my wife and I will have to miss this. I have a board meeting in Central Florida Thursday - Saturday. Enjoy and post pictures please!

Dino & Sue
Dino Muggeo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2021 at 11:17am

The weekend on Lake Lanier was a great time.  The Regatta was pretty neat, but a close second to docktails at the Morfoot Marina.  Seeing the new boats was pretty cool, but the most fun was meeting up with CCFan members, especially making some new CCFan friends.  There were also other old school Nautique owners, plus a run with a pro.  I have a couple pics of the event to share. 

It sounds like it could become an annual event.  

On Saturday they did a massive raft up with a drone for photos.  Here are some of my photos of it.

We ended up right next to a huge Paragon that had the pres of Nautiques in it, with some of the pros.  Pro Erika Lang could not get enough of Tim's boats, especially Kermit.  Bud and Tim were telling her how to improve her wakeboarding scores ;).

The older boats tended to dock together across from all the new boats.  It was great meeting Scott from Alabama who brought his Skier, the boat between Kermit and Tweety in this pic.  

Its hard to see in the middle of this pic, but a gator kept harassing the newer boats (it was controlled by a Ski Nautique owner).

A couple of us had the pleasure of skiing with Pro Anna Gay, current world record holder.  Seeing her from the boat was amazing.  

This pic does not do her run justice, but this was 1 of several flips done one right after the other. She is behind a GS22.  The boat got warmed up that morning pulling CCFan Adam deepwater barfeoot first!

Friday run back across the lake after the burger dinner provided from Nautiques to conclude a fun day.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 6:09am
A great time was had by all here on Lanier for the Nautique SE Regatta. Kicked off the gathering with a Docktails, Brews and BBQ party at the Morfoot Marina with my neighbors, skibuds and some CCFans that traveled down for the Regatta. Always a great time on the water with other Nauti owners. Nautique did a great job hosting the event and Nautiquehunter took home the oldest boat trophy with the 67 Mustang he restored AKA Tweety. Kermit was a hit as well as Rebel Skier mentioned and several attendees recognized the boat from either the net or at the last regatta. Quinner came down with Reid and as we came down into my cove we lined em up as the 206 blasted CQ's signature entrance music provided by Kid Rock. Neighbor got the shot. 1 am bed times and early risers to get good water before the weekend warriors churned it up made for a long weekend and I needed Monday off to clean up and recoop. Big Kudo's to my neighbors who cooked BBQ, Bacon wrapped shrimp and Oysters, salads, deserts and a couple cases of beer. They also opened their docks for tie offs as needed and enjoyed meeting the crew. As always never enough time to ski and hang but the Grand Opening of the Morfoot Marina was a huge success. I'll post pics as soon as I figure it out. 

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 9:56am
Tim, 

I hope you did not feed Quinner. He is like a stray cat and will not leave if you feed him. Just ask Reid. Embarrassed

Donald 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 2:09pm
I'm going to apply for a government grant to study the currents of Lake Lanier and Lake Norman. Will be following Coors Light empties to see where the current takes them. 

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 5:14pm
Seems more worthy of funding than some of the crap our government funds at my university ;)
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 9:17pm

The infamous Morfoot dock
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 9:19pm
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 9:30pm
Excellent pics rebel thanks for story
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by fjroma fjroma wrote:

The infamous Morfoot dock

Frank,
This one?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic