Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

holley efi for gt40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GammaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GammaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: holley efi for gt40
    Posted: February-05-2021 at 12:47pm
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2021 at 8:59pm
Does it exist? Does it work? Inquiring minds want to know.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2021 at 9:56pm
Peter as soon as you take off the electronic's and induction it's just another 5.8 Ford. I could be wrong but I would not think going from multi port injection to throttle body would be an improvement. Let me know when the direct injection retrofit comes out Wink 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2021 at 10:11pm
Direct injection retrofit. Ain’t gonna happen but it would probably be a quick way to get a lot more thrust. With all of the GT40 aging issues, seeing a Holley conversion that works as well as the PCM would be a sight to see.
GammaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GammaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2021 at 12:41am
The system is already here for ford tfi-eeiv systems ford mustang. Its called terminator x for ford. It can run with our setup but there are some differences in tuning from the car. First we will need to be open loop for running. We will initial tune closed loop using a wbo2 sensor in a plate (they are out there already about 100 bucks) inserted between the lower exhaust manifold and the upper. The wbo2 does not last long if moisture hits it. So you tune, plug and remove till you want to tune again. Our system fuel maps will be different as we are always under load. So i believe the map sensor method might be used as well. We want to use the Holley HP unit instead of terminator x as it is sealed from moisture although i have heard the x being used on many chevy boats. I am not yet ready but thats the plan. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic