Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl flooring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KennyO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinyl flooring
    Posted: January-30-2021 at 10:31am
I am considering options for my 1999 Sport Nautique. Never have liked carpet in a boat so I am considering a Seadek like product or vinyl flooring and installing it myself. Can anyone offer options on either?

What do you do with the sidewalls and extra panels (ski locker sidewall, etc)?

Thanks in advance for the info.
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2021 at 6:14pm
While I haven't done it, it can be a good option. It's all about the right material, and there are some good products. I built a home a number of years ago and put a flat roof on the garage and railed it for a deck. The architect and I researched it quite a bit, and we used a product called Duradek. Our friends in the great white north make it, if I recall. It is specifically designed for being exposed to the elements. Good stuff.

Now, as far as areas, while you can wrap Duradek, I don't know that I'd go up the sides of the interior, unless the carpet is so shot, that you're taking it all out. Application in a ski locker would aid in stuff  not sliding around, as it does provided antiskid properties.

Check it out:

KennyO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2021 at 7:49pm
after researching this I found that it would cost almost 3 times as much....so, we go back with carpet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic