Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

refurbishing carpet

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KennyO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: refurbishing carpet
    Posted: January-24-2021 at 5:09pm
Hey  y'all,
Just purchased a 1999 Sport Nautique to return to the CC family. Have been infatuated with CC since I first saw them at the Master's Ski Tournament in the early 70's. Anyway, this boat has great bones but hasn't had any TLC in a number of years.  Don't think I will replace carpets this year but they sure do need some love. Any ideas on how to freshen them up for the coming season? Shampooing seems a good start but I don't know of a shampoo-er that will fit in a boat.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2021 at 5:28pm
Your only going to be able to do so much on a 20 year old carpet,mine was dirty and kinda matted. I went to my local rental they had this cleaner for stairs and small areas. Cleaned good but it's still kinda matted. I have heard of some using a pressure washer to clean too. I'll leave it to others who have done that method to comment. Carpet in a boat was a bad idea- great for sales though

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2021 at 9:16pm
Welcome to CCFan Kenny and welcome back to CC ownership. I've used a pressure washer on the 88' once and very quickly as didn't wanna force water into a boat that has wood stringers. Not an issue with your new ride.

Just a FYI, KennyO sold me his old 88' back in 2001 so he was instrumental in keeping Miss Scarlett pristine while he owned her so those of you who know that boat know its still a clean boat. Guys here know there stuff "O" so don't hesitate to ask these guys anything. Again, welcome to CCFan.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic