Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet Trans Drive bearing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velvet Trans Drive bearing
    Posted: January-21-2021 at 7:35pm
I have a 72c transmission that I’m rebuilding.it’s off a 1983 BFN. With a 454.
Taking it apart the tranny had some water in it. The big drive bearing is rusted up and won’t to replace. I ordered one from marines parts but it’s a lot smaller in diameter and thinner in thickness. This is the bearing that has the clip ring on it.

Does anyone know where I can find this bearing? I went to South Shore bearing and even they didn’t know.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 8:05pm
If the B/W part number is B108A in whatever manual you might have, click on the link below for one place to find the bearing 

Or if it's the B309AGS that would be a different bearing and different link  Wink
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 8:22pm
I can’t figure out how to upload pics.
But the number on this bearing is 6309N
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 8:30pm
Click on this link  down below for a whole bunch of 6309N bearings

Dimensions are in millimeters 45X100x25 deep groove ball bearing

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 8:31pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 8:50pm
I ordered . Ty for your help. This bearing is only 16 bucks. The one I order from Marine Parts online cost 147.00.
That’s a big difference.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 9:47pm
The 147 one is a marine bearing so it has the marine markup Wink  How much was shipping on the new one  I noticed in the fine print it was 27.00 ?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 10:17pm
Ya it cost 27 shipping. 42 total.
The 147.00 one I need to return and they will probably charge me 20% restocking fee.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2021 at 8:52am
Originally posted by wsavini wsavini wrote:

Ya it cost 27 shipping. 42 total.
The 147.00 one I need to return and they will probably charge me 20% restocking fee.

Usually just about the time you figure you got a great deal, somebody comes along and posts a link to a better deal and says something like "14.95 and free shipping"

Kinda like the link below Wink

There are others on EBAY for just a little bit more too. ( for the next guy)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2021 at 10:03am
I always check ebay on things like that kinda gives you an idea on what people are willing to pay for parts. When I rebuilt all those Sherwood pumps I was able to get NTN's for half the price of the no name ones in some Sherwood kits. And I'll bet Ken does the same Wink
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2021 at 4:58pm
When it comes to power tranmission components like bearings and seals, the last place to go is the manufacturer of the equipment. They don't make them and get them from the same places we can. All they do is mark up price big time!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic