NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

67 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 67 Mustang
    Posted: January-09-2021 at 8:47am
I am looking for rub rail parts for the mustang. I didn't take the boat apart and I thought I had all the parts but apparently not.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 11:10am
Taco J molding.  A lot of places sell it, but shipping is expensive.  Check West Marine. 
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 11:46am
Mike,
What exactly are you missing? I seem to remember from your other post, that you said you need the corner pieces? 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 1:01pm
I will have to install the pieces I have but I don't see anything that will wrap around the rear corners of the boat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

I will have to install the pieces I have but I don't see anything that will wrap around the rear corners of the boat.

Doesn't the rub rail itself just bend around the corners? 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 2:13pm
Yes they do. Get yourself one of these for the size screw your using,a helper and have at it! I got most of mine from West marine but they were not at the time getting any more- still needed a piece which I got from Reid 

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 2:30pm
I have one of "those" tools that Gary is referring to. Its the proper size for the rubrail you'll be using on Twenty. Let me know when the rub rail and I'll run it over. If you have a emt conduit bender....I'll see you sooner than that!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 4:04pm
I temporarily installed the rub rail parts I have I am missing both rear corners and a section of the left side. Strange thing almost all the screw holes don't line up I think what I have is off a different boat .

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 5:01pm
Maybe TRBenj can comment but I don't recall a boat with the seams in those spots. Mine has one at the front starting about 1 foot down the starboard side and then wrapping around the port side for the 12' sections they come in. Then the next one goes down the port side for the next 12', I believe it stops about 3-4'  before the stern. The next one goes from there then around the corner and follows the curvature of the transom like a frown. It looks hard to do but the aluminum rail flexes enough with a little persuasion with a rubber hammer to do the job. Now the next piece you can start from the starboard front and just continue down the side. What you will end up with is about a 2-3' gap can't remember exactly, but this is where you have to buy a 12' section to complete that gap. The remnants of my 12' piece went to others so they didn't have to buy the whole length.  The reason I think they put the seams where they are was to give them the leverage need to make the turn, if the seam is too close to the turn it just won't bend and lay right.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 5:13pm
Here is the only pictures I have - Ignore the people in the boat....

Here is the start by the bow-

Here is one of the port side,it's behind the trailer guide post,you can only tell by the screw gap

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 11:38pm
lotsa glare off that 1st picture

man that yellow boat is gonna be awesome....beautiful job

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2021 at 8:35am
I just booked my spot at the SJRR if all goes well it will be there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic