NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time for new skins on drivers seat...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time for new skins on drivers seat...
    Posted: October-23-2020 at 1:55pm
Hey folks, as you can see, seat is pretty well shot. I sent pics to C & S for a quote and options and looked at what they had in the gallery. I'd like to see what folks on here have done. I was thinking of something bolstered differently.Definitely not a fan of the flap of material that wraps around the back on this existing seat. 

Thanks,

Mark

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 6:53pm
thats not original
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 7:01pm
Mark

I agree with the back wrap-around “flap” assessment.  My 1994 had a similar original setup and I asked the upholstery shop to change it, but we couldn’t come up with a workable solution without changing out the seat.  

(Your shift knob needs some attention...lookin’ kinda nasty)
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 7:09pm
Yeah, so Rob and Paul, the SS screws were my temporary mod for this season, as no amount of work would keep the flap in place, and I knew I'd yank the seat. I'm not opposed to swapping out the seat for a better solution, but ideally would work with what I have.

I'll give the "knob" to wifey and have her work her "magic" on it. ;-)

OMG, did I just say that!? :-)
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 7:34pm
yeah, that seat flap is NOT factory..normally it wraps over the top and connects with another flap that comes up from the bottom, and velcro's together I believe.  I'd take a shot of mine, but just put her into winter storage today.  Confused
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 7:37pm
here's a Pic of what it's suppose to look like...Much cleaner look IMO

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 7:56pm
What's the front look like Dan?

Thanks,

Mark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by flyweed flyweed wrote:

here's a Pic of what it's suppose to look like...Much cleaner look IMO

Hmmm...ok, I'll pull the seat and start taking apart and see what has been done.

In looking around this from a 'pre-'99' Sport: Likely a different seat frame?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 9:14pm
Mark your seat back piece was replaced it should be like this.

This is the best I have of the back

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 9:26pm
Thanks Paul. I appears out seat setup is very similar, with the taller center back that wraps over. However, when I look carefully, yours is all triple-stitched where mine has piping. Definitely not likely OEM, as Dan's picture above on an earlier model of my boat, is stitched like yours. So clearly my seat has been recovered at some point, and C&S can hook me up with the correct skins.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 9:38pm
The Signatures got different interiors than the standard SN's to include a thicker carpet.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 11:28pm
Ok, so, the more I goof around investigating this, I'm definitely leaning to the "my interior was replaced at some point in its life"....

I searched a bit and found a few 1996 Signature Editions SN 'for sale ads' and screen-grabbed the pics.  Here are a couple pics of those ads:

So, the first give-a-way, was all the piping on my interior vs. the stitching on other Sig. SN's. The bigger give-a-way is no CC logo stitching on any of my interior. I don't have the brochure to compare, but it is likely safe to say it was standard on the Sig. SN's. And lastly, comparing my observer seat to the one pictured above...BUSTED....Mine doesn't carry the cream color across to the top of the seat, but is swapped with the bottom of the seat back. And lastly, the crappy piping job on the doghouse wasn't done straight, and from other pics I've seen, has additional piping on top whereas OEM did not have a seam there. HA!

My observer:

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2020 at 12:49pm
I would agree

Rear seat

Observer seat

Engine cover

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2020 at 6:14pm
Paul:

Beautiful boat. Interior looks new.  Nice.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2020 at 2:28pm
Thanks much Paul for the pics, looks great. So, 6 bills plus for the drivers seat. 2600 for the whole shooting match. For those on here that have pieced out their interiors, did you notice any variation in color? I'm thinking if I get it all at once, I'd get material from the same bolt eliminating that issue. But then, I'd have to store it all as I got around to doing each section....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2020 at 2:31pm
What year is that SN Paul, I forgot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2020 at 9:40pm
It's my old "95 Signature.
 As for the interior question, my 2000 Sport interior is at the upholstery shop right now getting all new seat bottoms replaced with C&S covers.
  I wanted to just do the rear corner seat bottoms for now but when they showed up they weren't a very close match even though the swatch seemed to match pretty well so I ended getting them all redone. Sandra seemed disappointed that they didn't match very well so she worked with me on the price for all the seats. 
My Sports interior color is pretty much the same as my '95 but the green is a darker green.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2020 at 6:46am
Thanks Paul. Yeah, those bottom covers are not even close. I happened to notice the combing pads on your ‘95 return back to the floor at the rear seat, whereas mine do not. Just subtle little differences between years.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2020 at 9:37pm
I can't believe the color for yours are that far off.  I just got done putting in new skins in my 93 SN, and the seats are 3 colors, including silver cloud, and all 3 colors on the skins matched the old ones exactly.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2021 at 8:49am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Mark your seat back piece was replaced it should be like this.

This is the best I have of the back

Ok, so went back through the thread, as I'd like to get my driver seat skins ordered. However, where can I source the correct seat back, so what I order will be correct for my seat?

Thanks,

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic