Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

66 mustang throttle cable

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jerry f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 66 mustang throttle cable
    Posted: October-17-2020 at 1:20pm
need some help guys   today im trying to pull out my throttle cable-- i have the center floor section out and have removed all the clips that i see that are holding the cable to the stringer. cable has been removed from the foot pedal and the carb-   it wont budge, cant pull it through-   any tips on this   i think its locked into the insulation block.  i was thinking cut it before and after the insulation and run the new cable thru the black air duct   
jf
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2020 at 3:10pm
Jerry,
Running the new cable through the air duct is a good idea BUT, is there any water in the floatation foam? If so, you may want to dig it out. 

How do the stringers look? 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jerry f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2020 at 12:46pm
solid stringers  no wet insulation at all    why do you think the cable wont pull thru the foam--maybe the cable was fixed to the stringer and then the foam was poured so i cant get to the other cable clips-- any info on where to get a new cable (cable part #) for foot pedal to carb? hate to cut this cable before having a new one
jf
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2020 at 8:24pm
Cable was likely tied to the stringers and then foamed.  I doubt you will find a similar cable.  What we did is cut the brass end of the cable that attaches to the gas pedal off, and  drilled and tapped it so that it can be screwed onto a modern teleflex cable. I think the correct cable length is 16'. Do not lose that brass end that attaches to the pedal. 
jerry f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2020 at 12:26pm
thanks   pretty much what i figured-
jf
jerry f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 3:10pm
teleflex 33C was an exact match to what was in the boat   no modification needed
jf
jerry f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 11:55am
jf
jerry f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 11:56am
my solution for routing the new 33C throttle cable thru the air duct
jf
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by jerry f jerry f wrote:

teleflex 33C was an exact match to what was in the boat   no modification needed

How does it attached to the pedal?
jerry f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 2:55pm
the threaded end has a double nut on it that pushes into the back of the pedal and is held there by a metal bracket also attached to the back of the pedal and the cable is held tight in another bracket mounted on the foot board.
jf
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic