Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Ski Nautique Holman Moody raw water pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
smiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Ski Nautique Holman Moody raw water pump
    Posted: October-06-2020 at 2:52pm
I am having a bear of a time finding a raw water pump for my 1972 correct craft ski nautique (Holman Moody) . If I cant locate one I would like to get a spline in Great shape. SOS PLZ HELP !
Thx, Steve Miller
(765) 760-7810
smiller@muncie.gannett.com
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 4:00pm
I'll bet you are. 30 years ago when the internet didn't exist I was having trouble finding just the parts,the pumps alone were already obsolete. I needed a shaft- Jabsco themselves only had 3.  I bought one, at 63.00 it was a chunk of change at the time. The shaft is part number 11977-0010. I suspect you will have to have one made,while your at it have a couple of covers made as well, you won't be finding them either. What is wrong with the shaft in it now?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 8:10pm
I seem to remember a 1/2 *ssed machinist that frequented the site occasionally.  Kind of a back yard hack that made his own Jabsco pumps.  All in his shop.  Pictures have probably been lost   KenO is the only one with a good enough memory to recollect who it was.  Don't know if he still does any work or not.Wink
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 9:15pm
Hey I remember that guy- he bailed my butt out too.   Lets see how this plays out,I would be willing to send the old one for a model. A few covers would be helpful as well.... Steve do you need a new drive dog too?

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 10:06pm
The only things that were good when I went through my pump was the main housing body and the cam. The shaft and cover I was able to get but the aluminum drive dog was a Holman Moody supplied part. It's wobbling ruined the shaft and the drive dog in addition to the ruined bearing/seal area. I was able to buy a Lovejoy coupler and have it machined locally.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2020 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

I seem to remember a 1/2 *ssed machinist that frequented the site occasionally.  Kind of a back yard hack that made his own Jabsco pumps.  All in his shop.  Pictures have probably been lost   KenO is the only one with a good enough memory to recollect who it was.  Don't know if he still does any work or not.Wink

Did this guy also manage to rebuild his transmission in spite of some shady advice from somebody who thought you knew "not too much" and couldn't possibly do it yourself?

Did this guy also make prop pullers, special tools for transmission work and do distributor gear custom fitting for people?

Did this guy also make custom propeller shafts for people?

I'm sure I left some of his stuff off of this list, but if my memory is half as good as you say, that guy was you Duane Wink

So are you kinda volunteering to help the Steve out especially since Gary has the parts to duplicate?  It sounds like it.

You can have fun turning perfectly good pieces of metal into piles of shavings on the floor, and custom made parts at the same time.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 10:53pm
I would like to see a picture of that 72 Ski Nautique with the Holman Moody Motor even without the water pump attached. 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
smiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2020 at 3:19pm
Sorry I went MIA i went a different direction but nothing seems to work plz tell me how to get the pic to U ? Not sure my girl will ever get wet again!
Thx, Steve
smiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2020 at 3:23pm
I didn't realize Id get any interest U guys really do care!!! 
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2020 at 4:54pm
Is your drive dog like in my last picture any good or do you need one of them as well? I'm willing to send my parts to Duane but you will have to work out the details with him. It would be a couple of weeks before I can get them to him but living in Indiana you aren't boating soon any way ;)
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2020 at 4:45pm
I'd be interested in the parts if manufacturing a 2nd set set helps make it worthwhile for Duane.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic