NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1978 Fish Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 Fish Nautique
    Posted: October-02-2020 at 5:31pm
I just bought a Fish this week.  I have looked at some photos of others and most have a different tower than mine, is mine a factory tower?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 5:42pm
There is no such thing as a fish with a factory tower, they just weren't thought of yet. By the time they were fishes were extinct ;)
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 10:32pm
Yeah, that is what I thought.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 1:15am
That’s no tower...it’s a trolling set-up.  Fish gets on and you throttle up for a fishy tube ride.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 8:32am
Does anyone have a picture of how the shift cable holder is mounted on the transmission side?  This boat has nothing and the outer jacket is the only thing moving.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 9:08am
Here's a link to a bracket kit, maybe you have some of the parts but not all from the sound of it

link

Here's a picture that shows how it mounts

leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 10:21am
Thanks for the picture.  I bought that retainer but on my Fish, the cable comes down the side of the bilge area loops around and comes from the rear of the boat.  Most pictures I have seen on the web and in person on the PCM 351's show them coming across the intake manifold then down like you show.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 10:41am
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 5:32pm
If I mount mine like that, the directions will be opposite.   Forward would be reverse.
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 5:34pm
Also where does the battery go?  Mine was mounted in the livewell and I want that for storage not a battery.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by leetudor leetudor wrote:

If I mount mine like that, the directions will be opposite.   Forward would be reverse.

Click on the link below for a Morse throttle/shift control manual

It's for an MV-2, you could have an earlier MV-1 but the directions for changing the shifter action are basically the same thing.

If you have some other control, then this is no help Wink

leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Click on the link below for a Morse throttle/shift control manual

It's for an MV-2, you could have an earlier MV-1 but the directions for changing the shifter action are basically the same thing.

If you have some other control, then this is no help Wink

I have an Ole School dual lever shifter.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 7:27pm
Well, I'm no help then Wink

Good luck.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 8:10pm

I have an Ole School dual lever shifter.

Here's a manual for a dual lever shifter that may or may not be the same as yours since you didn't say what yours is Wink

But ..........if you read it you can see that the shifter can be setup to push or pull with a little disassembly to get at things, then when you move the lever forward, the boat will go forward.

Whatever make and model you have, it should have that capability.

Once again.......good luck
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 8:56pm
Thanks.  I will look at mine closer and see if it is the same.  Top side looks different but bottom side might be the same.  Might take a brain surgeon to sypher it. 
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 9:40pm
If it's like this they used those controls in a lot of boats. It will just need the cable attachment to the throttle bellcrank and it's clamp moved to the opposite side of the control....

Something like this-

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 10:03pm
Thanks, I will look better at it in the morning.  If I go that route, I will need a new cable about 5 foot shorter.
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 10:08pm

This is what it looks like.
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2020 at 1:05pm
Does anyone know the battery location?
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 8:38am
Have you tried following the battery cables from the starter to wherever they may go?
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 8:54am
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Have you tried following the battery cables from the starter to wherever they may go?

Also where does the battery go?  Mine was mounted in the livewell and I want that for storage not a battery.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 9:54am
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 9:57am

Yes, Like I said above they go into the livewell and I do not want to put them back into that compartment.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 9:58am
It might be worth tryin to grab the pics in this old for sale add too:

The problem is if you create an account with pop yachts they will spam you for a good while. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 9:59am
I wouldn't be surprised if that live well batter was set up to be a house battery versus a starting battery.  
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 10:17am
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

look like here:

I thought about that area, will need to add a door to my floor panel for easier access. 
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 10:56am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Here's a link to a bracket kit, maybe you have some of the parts but not all from the sound of it

link

Here's a picture that shows how it mounts

SO the stand off L bracket came in today.  I am going to mount it and look into changing the throw action of the handle this weekend.  I will for sure have to get a much shorter cable.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 12:32pm

Yes, Like I said above they go into the livewell and I do not want to put them back into that compartment.

My bad....did not read the entire thread.  
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 1:33pm

Bill,
I've done it may times too. Then the only problem is, it gives Ken another excuse to come after me with his criticism! 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Bill,
I've done it may times too. Then the only problem is, it gives Ken another excuse to come after me with his criticism! 

You bet it does. You just ask for it.

By the way, you misspelled "many"   Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic