NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Martinique price

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
snrealestate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1988 Martinique price
    Posted: September-28-2020 at 10:45pm
I found a very clean excellent condition 1988 Martinique with the original Martinique trailer. 800 hours. Asking $13,900. Is that too high for this boat and trailer?
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 11:55pm
Yes, in my opinion that is a VERY high price unless it has extremely low hours, and looks like it rolled off the showroom floor, and that is still a very high price for this year/model.  But, if you see value in it, and it hits all your buttons, and money is no object, go for it.  I would say it would be in the $8500 range at that point....maybe.  

I have an '87 Martinique, and while I think it is a great boat for what I do (professional tubing competitions, combo skiing, hauling the family around on a busy public lake in relative comfort), these boats are not considered highly desirable or sought after.  But, they are great family trucksters with HUGE wakes.  Any pictures of it?  
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 7:43am
Thank you, DavidG! I found it on BoatTrader.com in PA. Photos there if you don’t mind having a look? It looks like the upholstery may be newly redone. Let me know what you think. Average NADA retail with trailer was $6500 approx I think. I am drawn to the Martinique with the V hull for a better choppy water ride and the older boat dual exhaust sound I miss from the older inboards I have owned before.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 9:00am
Might it be this boat in the link below? Wink

link

If the answer is yes, then do a search here on CCF for posts by member  Beardo73    for some info on the boat when he first bought it

Since it's at a marina maybe it's there on consignment or maybe it got traded in, who knows, but I seem to remember him trying to sell it real recently on another site.

I never comment on prices Wink
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 9:30am
Nice boat.  A few custom touches like Sea Deck flooring, and tower.  Plus, it looks like it has a Chevy 454 vs. the common Ford 351W for power.  I put a bimini top on mine this year.  Got to have a bimini for sure.  I like that CC tandem trailer too.  You don't see many of those.  Also, while the boat isn't a giant, it's also not real small.  I got to the point I just started using an in/out service at our lake.  SO much easier to enjoy boating this way vs. hitching up, launching, retrieving, etc.   
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 9:51am
+1 on Dave's too high input.  
And Keno, if I were a betting man I would say that if you did comment on price you would think that price was quite high as wellSmile
SRB
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 11:56am
You must be a ramblin' gamblin' man  Wink

I see that a 1984 "Burb Nautique' sold pretty quickly.................. must have had something to do with the price, 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 12:46pm
Thanks Keno.  Not much of a gamblin man, but yes on a ramblin man.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 12:47pm
Thanks burban65.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 1:06pm
Keno,
How do I search for posts by Beardo73?  I'm new to CCF.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 1:07pm
Thoughts on the 454?  I prefer the 351.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 1:27pm
I like the 351 as well, which does just fine for what I do.  Top comp tube speed for Sr. Mens over 60 is 25 mph.  I think the 454 is great in a boat like a barefoot, but, probably overkill in the Martinique for daily use.  My boat spends most of the time at 2000-2300 rpm cruising, skiing, and tubing of course.  The tower on the boat you are considering looks nice, but, unless you are wake boarding and going for big air, you may not need it. You could always remove it and sell it if you don't need it.  

It would be interesting to hear from others here on the fuel economy of the 454 vs. 351.  One would assume the 351 is much easier on gas, but, that may not be the case unless you are really using the power and speed for something like barefooting.  I know some of the guys here have both 351's, 454's, and maybe a 302 and 350 in the mix too in their fleets. They can really give the pros/cons of a 454 in the Martinique. 
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by snrealestate snrealestate wrote:

Keno,
How do I search for posts by Beardo73?  I'm new to CCF.

You go to the memberlist and enter the username.  Here's a link to Derrick:

Then you can click on the members posts.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
3mile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3mile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 12:14pm
That boat has been on Craigslist all summer. Extremely over priced. I picked up an 87 riviera closed bow Martinique for $5100 at the beginning of June and it ran great all year
3mile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3mile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 12:17pm
This boat is just as nice to me and half the price : https://wv.craigslist.org/boa/d/petersburg-1987-correct-craft/7191466093.html
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 1:11pm
Either one of those could need stringer replacement.  Just 'cause it's shiny doesn't mean stringers are good.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
3mile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3mile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 2:53pm
Agreed. But also a serious price difference
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 3:46pm
I think that 351 would be 240 HP in those years.  The 454 rated at 330 HP but most will agree the actual power was closer to 290-ish.  Both engines have potential for more power if you wanted.

Personally I'd get a kick out of having a 454 in the boat.  But, it will definitely burn more gas, is heavier, might add 5 mph to top end speed, otherwise not much of an advantage over a healthy 351.

That price is completely unreasonable.  It's a $6,500 boat if the stringers are proven to be good, if you really love it and want it a stretch to $7,500 maybe. 
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 11:22pm
Scott -  some good advice here from the others.  If you are a bit patient ( I am not) I think the inventory and prices will be more in your favor within the next 4-6 weeks.  I would venture to say 5K would get you something pretty nice.
Keno - you are sharp (as always).  Yes, the 84 sold and for much less than I had it advertised at. A young Engineer I work with bought it and I was glad to give it to him for a way more than fair price (really).  The boat is in the right hands as he is into motors and fixing things up and very good at it.  As a bonus, it's his first boat so he is pretty fired up and I get a lot of joy seeing that.   From my end it made the misses happy to part ways with one and now allows me to look for something else to play with.
SRB
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2020 at 5:31am
Originally posted by burban65 burban65 wrote:

Scott -  some good advice here from the others.  If you are a bit patient ( I am not) I think the inventory and prices will be more in your favor within the next 4-6 weeks.  I would venture to say 5K would get you something pretty nice.
Keno - you are sharp (as always).  Yes, the 84 sold and for much less than I had it advertised at. A young Engineer I work with bought it and I was glad to give it to him for a way more than fair price (really).  The boat is in the right hands as he is into motors and fixing things up and very good at it.  As a bonus, it's his first boat so he is pretty fired up and I get a lot of joy seeing that.   From my end it made the misses happy to part ways with one and now allows me to look for something else to play with.

Me sharp like bowling ball 

I think I  like the way you do things, young guy, first boat  good priceThumbs Up
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2020 at 9:08am
Thanks, davidG!  I appreciate your input.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2020 at 9:10am
Thanks, 3mile!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2020 at 9:12am
SNobsessed,
What is the best way to check the stringers?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2020 at 9:14am
Thanks, burban65!  Good advice and I appreciate it.  What is the best way to check the stringers?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2020 at 9:20am
Scott,
I'll answer for both Chris and Steve. Check out the FAQ thread in the maintenace section. Fantastic links including cheecking stringers. Here's a link to the FAQ:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2020 at 9:36am
Scott,
I just went to the thread on checking stringers and found the link to the video was lost with the site hack job. I've PM'd Tim to see if he can repost the link. 

Basically it's tapping on the glass covering on the wood stringers to listen for sounds that indicate disbonding due to wood moisture/rot. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snrealestate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2020 at 6:51pm
Thank you all for the helpful info.  It is much appreciated.  
The seller with this Martinique for sale emailed me more photos showing that the upholstery needs replacing to bring this boat up to good condition.  It also has gelcoat dock rash on the bow and about 2' long on the upper hull on the port side.
The boat is for sale in WV, and I am in GA.  It is listed for $5500.
Does anyone know if Correct Craft may still offer seat and upholstery skins for this 1987?  I'm assuming it's a long shot, and I will need a good upholstery shop.  Any idea on the cost for this type of job?  
Any thoughts are welcome.
Thank you!
Link for the boat for sale:
https://wv.craigslist.org/boa/d/petersburg-1987-correct-craft/7191466093.html
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2020 at 9:01pm
For replacement skins candsmarine.com is the official supplier of Correct Craft replacement skins. I have not purchased them or gotten a quote before. Others will have a better idea, but don’t expect them to be cheap. Then you still have to get them put on.
'92 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2020 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by snrealestate snrealestate wrote:

Does anyone know if Correct Craft may still offer seat and upholstery skins for this 1987?  I'm assuming it's a long shot, and I will need a good upholstery shop.  Any idea on the cost for this type of job?  
Any thoughts are welcome.

Click on C&S in the upper left corner. They will help plus they are a site sponsor. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 7:44am
It's pretty hard to find any older boat that has excellent upholstery.  Most that I have seen have at least 1 torn skin.

Getting new skins kinda makes the user interface very nice, right away.

Gel repair also not that big of deal. Stringers & drivetrain are the big deals.

Another common repair expense is the steering cable.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic