Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mystery correct craft

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Makb60p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makb60p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mystery correct craft
    Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:15am
I recently Acquired a correct craft with an inboard outboard set up, the combination is a Chevrolet engine and an OMC electric shift stringer drive. I cannot find a Molded hull ID number on the transom, so I am assuming it is a pre 1972 boat. It is a fiberglass boat. it is complete minus a back seat and maybe a fuel tank and 1 teak gunnel steps Has one bad glass panel. I was going to part it to keep my 1969 Sea Ray Pachanga SRX going with spares. But I’m of the understanding this is a pretty rare CC. I think it’s a separator or a Torino. The stringer has a 1973-77 rudder which is confusing me. Any help, or advise on its rarity, value, or someone who wants it to persevere or restore, I am open. I have 3 other boats So I won’t get to this one anytime soon. And I don’t want to cut it up.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:19am
Mike,
Can you post some pictures? A Separator/Torino hull will be a semi deep V if that helps. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Makb60p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makb60p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:21am
I can’t figure out how too
Makb60p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makb60p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:27am
Never mind I can’t do it from a mobile device I just read that
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:47am

Might it look like this? Wink
Makb60p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makb60p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:51am
That’s it lol! Thank you is there a shot of the transom?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:57am
Mike,
CC put V drives and I/O's in them and used several different manufacturers. The V drives were more common. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 10:45am
Mike,

Here are your other to pics you posted over on FB.

As established over there, its either a Torino or Separator, pretty much the exact same boat, although in the early years, Separators had bat boat style windshield.  After a while the torino badge was dropped and just Separators were available. At first with bat boat windshield, then the option of either, then finally, just flat, like you have.  The two boats were around for something like 69 - 74 give or take. Cant check now because unfortunately all the brochures were wiped out when this site was hacked a while back and they havent all been restored yet.  Any other questions, let us know. As far as your question about should you sell, keep, restore or part out to have parts for your Sea Ray, thats up to you. But I would never sacrifice this boat.  As I said over there, the v-drives are a little more highly regarded, but the I/O versions are still pretty cool.
Makb60p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makb60p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 12:02pm
Larry, I kind of figured it was rare. So if I can sell it that would be great. Otherwise I will just get around to it
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 9:59am
Looks pretty complete, do not part out! I own 5 separators,4 vdrives and 1 io. If you have any questions about it call me. 2695061249 jeff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 10:03am
BTW, my 74 sep has been clocked well over 80mph
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 10:07am
Wow. 80 sounds crazy. Has it been modified
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 10:19am
yes, total restore! Motor outlive transom plate. Boat has525 hp chevy stroker. Custom wet headers thru tramsom. Its a beast. Tried to post videos but failed. Send a fone # and ill send you a video. 269 506 1249
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 1:07pm
Awesome. Try again to post videos. We should have it on site
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 1:55pm
connorssons Wasn’t it kind of loose running 80 mph?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

Awesome. Try again to post videos. We should have it on site

Send him your phone number, then you can post it on the site Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 7:47pm
I know there's a lot of skeptical people out there about this boat it's been talked about before on this forum. I am not technically savvy to figure this out Of trying to download a video if somebody would given their phone number I would send the video and let somebody else take care of that for me!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 7:52pm
Yes it is a handful you need to be on point when driving this boat at that speed, You need to read the water way ahead of where you're at And try not to push it beyond its point due to water conditions
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

I know there's a lot of skeptical people out there about this boat it's been talked about before on this forum. I am not technically savvy to figure this out Of trying to download a video if somebody would given their phone number I would send the video and let somebody else take care of that for me!

try this number 802 579 6600

The guy with that number may or may not have the ability to post it Wink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 8:13pm
Well it didn't take me long to figure out that I can't do it 'cause it looks like you can only post a video from YouTube and I don't do You Tube Wink

Or I'm just not too smart.

But as I replied to Jeff

Nice sound, not much boat in the water at all, big rooster tail, I believe the 80 mph number Wink

So who's a tuber, You Tube that is?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 8:16pm
Thank you for the nice try keno preciate it anybody else it's more techno savvy please step up to the plate 8
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 8:20pm
It was a pretty feeble attempt Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 9:04pm
Come on. Now I need to see it
Good play by play
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 9:40pm
Jeff,  This discussion started out on FB a few days ago.  I mentioned your build to the OP.  I was going to link your build thread to that conversation, but all the photos were gone (either the recent CCF crash or the great photobucket hostage crisis.)  I did however post the video of your boat running in the garage.  Is that the one you were talking about or do you have one of it on the water?

Makb60p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makb60p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 5:08am
Thanks I texted you this morning. I will reach out to you later on my way to the job and see if we can connect and figure out what to do with this gem
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 5:57am
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

Come on. Now I need to see it
Good play by play

Well..................if you need to see it, do what i did and give him a phone number to text it to 

Or since I have it, give me a phone number and maybe I'll text it to ya'.............maybe Wink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 6:01am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Jeff,  This discussion started out on FB a few days ago.  I mentioned your build to the OP.  I was going to link your build thread to that conversation, but all the photos were gone (either the recent CCF crash or the great photobucket hostage crisis.)  I did however post the video of your boat running in the garage.  Is that the one you were talking about or do you have one of it on the water?

He has 2 videos of it running on the water in the mid 80 mph or so range that he texted to me.

If you want them Larry, I could probably handle texting them to you to put on YouTube Wink
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 8:20am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

If you want them Larry, I could probably handle texting them to you to put on YouTube Wink

Sure, let's try that Ken. 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 8:33am
I think I sent them to you by text Wink
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 8:43am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I think I sent them to you by text Wink

Yup, I think you did, too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic