Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water line help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water line help
    Posted: September-21-2020 at 8:29pm
I’m putting together a mid 80’s 454 and I’m having trouble figuring out how the water lines run. Anyone that can tell me were to get a diagram?
Ty
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 8:37am
Originally posted by wsavini wsavini wrote:

I’m putting together a mid 80’s 454 and I’m having trouble figuring out how the water lines run. Anyone that can tell me were to get a diagram?
Ty

If you click on the link below you'll see a picture or 2 of a PCM 454 showing most of the lines. (Ignore any bickering you might encounter, or have fun reading it, your choice Wink)

And this Hollywood diagram shows how the inlet and outlet for the RWP hook up on a RR 454.  if it happens to be a normal rotation 454, then the hoses would be swapped around on the pump

wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 8:57am
I did learn a little bit from that. Ty
But I can’t tell where the hoses go under the motor.
The hose from the inlet must go to the the tabby cooler first then to the inlet on the pump?
The big hose coming off the thermostat housing goes down under the motor but where does it go from there?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 9:49am
The big hose goes to the circulating water pump suction

And like you said, inlet fitting to transmission cooler to RWP suction.

And you can't see the rinky dink little 90 degree hose in the pictures that goes from the circulating pump to the intake manifold. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic