NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The end of an era

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The end of an era
    Posted: September-16-2020 at 11:52am
Just saw this...
The end of an era. Ever since I started waterskiing (some 30 years ago) and especially since I joined my first showteam I have known about the Tommy Bartlett Show.

And now they have to close up shop due to the Covid pandemic... So sad.Cry

But I am afraid more events we have known all our lives will follow... It doesn't look bright for the economy (US or Europe) if politicians and scientists aren't gonna start to use some common sense... Disapprove
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2020 at 11:55am
Maybe it will reopen as a tube and surf attraction 😂
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2020 at 2:13pm
Once we shake the Election Infection all will be fine.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2020 at 9:35pm
Neither scientist or politician should be trusted
Both work for the government
Think for yourself, live free and do not let anyone tell you what to do or who you are
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 4:15pm
Side bar to this thread but a related subject matter (ski shows).
If any of you or your family members are around Warsaw Indiana the show that the Lake City Skiers put on is well worth seeing.  The show is actually free..........but they accept donations.  Link below for more into.  FYI - my family has went three times to the show (different years) and have never been disappointed.  We live about an hour away and have no connection to the show or anyone performing but have really enjoyed it every time we have been.  
They do use one Nautique in their show.

http://www.lakecityskiers.org/
SRB
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 4:16pm
Ken or Pete.......please make my link "official" if / when time allows.

Just add that to my tab.

Thanks!
SRB
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by burban65 burban65 wrote:

Side bar to this thread but a related subject matter (ski shows).
If any of you or your family members are around Warsaw Indiana the show that the Lake City Skiers put on is well worth seeing.  The show is actually free..........but they accept donations.  Link below for more into.  FYI - my family has went three times to the show (different years) and have never been disappointed.  We live about an hour away and have no connection to the show or anyone performing but have really enjoyed it every time we have been.  
They do use one Nautique in their show.

http://www.lakecityskiers.org/

Great show! Been there multiple times. We’re about an hour away as well. We were there few years ago at the Pro Wakeboard Tour.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 7:58pm

Ken or Pete.......please make my link "official" if / when time allows.

Just add that to my tab.

Thanks!

You'll have to hope Pete takes care of it, I'm on let's call it  "Link strike"  

Besides it's Pete's turn, I did your last one  Wink

Are you using a phone?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 8:14pm
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 9:44pm
Thanks Old School!
BTW........I live in Valpo too......small world.
SRB
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 9:50pm

Thanks Old School!
BTW........I live in Valpo too......small world.

Haha no kidding! We have a summer place in town at Culver, Lake Max. If your ever that way let me know.
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 10:07pm
Will do Old School......last highjack of the thread subject matter but just FYI we are on Lake Louise.  I will PM you my contact info.   
SRB
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2020 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

Neither scientist or politician should be trusted
Both work for the government
Think for yourself, live free and do not let anyone tell you what to do or who you are

I must say...well said Ski Nat...
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2020 at 9:12am
Glad you like, sorry for sidetracking

Did I hear/see on ccfan that the tommy Bartlett boat was getting restored. Some local news story
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2020 at 10:46am
We used to live in Lowell IN 1.2 miles to Cedar Lake. We have been to Warsaw chain of lakes and Maxinkuckee . The chain was too busy and Max was too rough with no where to park. Now live on lake Lanier GA. Plenty of room and a 8 month plus season.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic