Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New damper plate doesn’t fit flywheel Alto da106
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New damper plate doesn’t fit flywheel Alto da106

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Lightfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New damper plate doesn’t fit flywheel Alto da106
    Posted: September-08-2020 at 6:28pm
I’ve got an ‘87 ski Nautique with a 351w. I’ve pulled the transmission for repair and bought a new damper plate to put in while I am at it. I bought an alto da-106a from ebasicpower. When attempting to bolt the damper to the flywheel, the damper will not sit flat because the rivets holding the center section of the damper together make a circle slightly larger than the circular recess in the center of my flywheel. (Roughly 1/10th” larger)
Has anyone else run into this issue? Can I put spacers behind the damper plate? Or should I grind the flywheel a bit? I don’t want to throw anything off balance.
Thanks
John
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2020 at 7:23pm
Other people with the same problem have used washers as spacers.

Here's an old thread in the link below, that discusses washers.

It was for a damper plate for a PCM transmission but the idea is still the same

Eric in that thread ran a transmission rebuild shop Fantastic Finishes Marine in Ohio.

No fair grinding on anything Wink

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2020 at 7:36pm
You could call Joe at FFM and discuss it too.

He's the new owner

Rumor has it that he did all the real work anyways, while Eric spent his days posting on CCF Wink

Here's a link to his contact info

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2020 at 7:55pm
I just bought one fit perfect on an engine that had a PCM trans in it's past life. As an added bonus I ordered and paid for a 106- was going to trim it myself. Received an already trimmed one. Should have bought 2
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic