Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hull Identification Number

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2021 at 5:31pm
hey mitch how is progress going?stringers put in?more pics,
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
'69Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '69Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2021 at 5:40pm
The floor got put in and gel coated over everything right about Thanksgiving. I began putting the wood floor back in on top and the motor has been re painted and a new carburator. I also wet sanded the entire boat and WOW! I ended up getting covid at Christmas and have had covid pneumonia since.....so it has come to a drastic halt. It's hard to work on it when you have to work to breath. I will upload pics of the progress to this point, and look forward to getting back to it very soon!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2021 at 6:49pm
Mitch,
I wish you the best with getting though the covid. I have heard that it can be real tough. You are the first CCfan member I have heard of catching the virus. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
'69Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '69Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2021 at 6:58pm
Thank you! I have lung problems from issues of when I was younger so it went straight to them and filled up my right with fluid. I was able to test fit an original two piece windshield and put in an original steering wheel before it hit. I also put in a different throttle linkage that is in perfect shape. The boat is now making the trailer look bad, so when the boat is done the trailer will be next! I am just glad it's still on the original trailer.
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2021 at 12:23am
glad to hear windshield is good,sorry to hear about your bout with the covid virus,post some pics when you are well,best wishes to all i bet your dad is smiling ear to ear with the progress of the project,need anything else call me dan,
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
'69Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '69Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2022 at 10:38am
So gents.....I know it has been a long time, longer than expected, but here she is and the progress to date.
-Pulled motor and refreshed it (original 318 Chrysler)
-New plugs, wires, electric distributor cap, ect.
-Rewired the motor
-New Floor
-New exhaust hose
-New Carpet
-Newly used steering wheel
-Newly used TWO piece windshield
-newly used fuel tank
-Wet sanded entire boat
-New Correct Craft rubber step pads for gunnel

I know there are several things i am missing, and i Know i have a long way to go. I will be getting a new rear seat made for it, and references would be great. I was going to contact C & S Marine. As of now, the water pump is getting new impellers....yeah one thing we forgot to do while the motor was pulled, but it cranks on the first bump of the key.

skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2022 at 2:47pm
So 2 years later….how is your Barracuda SS? I bet it’s a ‘68. I say that because a date of May 1967 for the engine means the boat was probably completed by later that year(67) and the ivory deck and candy apple red hull indicate the 68-70 models. I owned a ‘68 Skylark. Found out thru Art C that the V6 engine was dropped into it the summer of ‘67 and completed by the fall so it was a ‘68.

Now, man I hope you replaced that steering wheel with the proper style it came with. All cudas came with a 2 piece windshield. Hope you found some tasteful seating as well. And please say you didn’t ruin that ass with a swim platform! Any updated pix??
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7613&sort=&pagenum=1
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2022 at 3:06pm
Be sure also to buy some white pin striping decals for the waterline. Cudas had 2 stripes. Use 1” decals. Format is 1” decal- 1” space - 1” decal. The factory lightly marked the gelcoat where the decals go which when you look real close you’ll see 1/2” long indentations every couple feet on the hull. Or, a good rule of thumb is place the top decal just above yet touching the exhaust pipe collars on the transom and leave a 1” space below that, then add the lower pinstriping. Not adding the original styles to these classic boats is just lazy.
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2022 at 3:12pm
Just saw these updated pix. Those seats don’t look very original and stick up too high above the gunwhale. Cut the backs down so when you look at the boat at the side you just barely see the top of the seat back. It could’ve been easy and a fun project to fabricate close to the original style that made these boats unique. Those seats you got look like they belong in a bass boat. Shame.
'69Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '69Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2022 at 3:55pm
Since you revived an old thread, this boat is mostly original to the point that I just replaced the original generator this past week with a rebuilt generator. It was stamped 6 66 (sixth one made of 1966).We removed the stripes when I had to restore the fiberglass. It always had stripes on it when I was growing up, white ones. Not lazy, just haven't gotten to stripes. As for the seats, if you can find me the original ones that would be great cause I have looked for some. They were rotted because the internals we're wood, and my dad got rid of them a long time ago. If you can't help me with the seats then find someone else to bash on a two year old thread.

By the way have a blessed day!
'69Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '69Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2022 at 4:10pm
Since you revived an old thread, this boat is mostly original to the point that I just replaced the original generator this past week with a rebuilt generator. It was stamped 6 66 (sixth one made of 1966).We removed the stripes when I had to restore the fiberglass. It always had stripes on it when I was growing up, white ones. Not lazy, just haven't gotten to stripes. As for the seats, if you can find me the original ones that would be great cause I have looked for some. They were rotted because the internals we're wood, and my dad got rid of them a long time ago. If you can't help me with the seats then find someone else to bash on a two year old thread.

By the way have a blessed day!
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2022 at 3:25pm

Your family boat has come a long way since you took ownership. Looks great! Boats this old are hard to find the original parts. I pulled a 1969 Z-28 out of an alley of an old neighborhood in the city back in the early 80’s. Anything that could be removed was removed. Only the chassis and main body was left. Since it was a “Z” frame/body with the correct vin number, I brought it home. My dad thought I was nuts. It took me 3 years to restore with a matching engine number. Never could find the bucket seats or the steering wheel back then so I put in 1973 Chevelle bucket seats and a 1974 Camaro steering wheel.  Like them better. Keep up the good work your're doing!

'69Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '69Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2022 at 4:09pm
Thank you, it's words like that that give encouragement! If I come across some seats i can copy as originals one day, I will. My dad also has had major back surgery which caused this boat to sit for several years, and these style seats have more upper back support for him now than the originals did he said (which were thrown away way before I was alive). This allows him to be able to ride in it again, and he actually got to see it for the first time this weekend with an original glass windshield! Everything on this boat is original including the motor in it and the trailer it sits on. The only thing missing are the front seats and motor doghouse.
I was fortunate enough to get an original steering wheel and glass windshield from some gents on here.
By the way...the z28 '69 model is my dream car muscle car!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2022 at 11:07pm
Looking good Mitch. Wheel and glass really add to it. If your a woodworker or know one a motor box would not be hard to make. One of us could measure one. Did you ever get the record of it from Correct Craft?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
'69Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '69Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2022 at 9:06am
I have not gotten the record yet, but did realize the tag for the hull number is hand made. Guess they did what they could at the time of making these boats?! The engine cover was made by my dad and he wrapped it to match the seats, he had the original cover and it was too big.....he wanted more room for his friends and skis. He said looking back now he never would have guessed it would be redone when he is turning 61 this month....bought it at the age of 18 and used it ever since.
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2022 at 3:14pm
Love the family story on this Cuda!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic