Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!! Transmission swap with PCM V-Drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Liquiddreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquiddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:06pm
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/filedata/fetch?id=623371&d=1599440630
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:41pm
These I can do it's those links that have my time Wink

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:42pm
I wonder how it fits with out the shaft in place?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquiddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:53pm
Thanks Gary. I'll figure them out one day. I thought if I posted it in PN and pasted the link here it would work...Keno has me wondering about that too, but dang I hate to take this shaft back out. Lol trying some adjustments right now to sew if I can get it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquiddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:58pm
Well, the answer is no they don't. So I will be working on them until they mate... that v-drive will mate and like it...lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquiddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 11:59am
So I have them mating without the shaft and ended up being some spots on the v-drive side of the coupler. Corrosion caused some pitting that was holding it out. They mate freely now, but I had the engine so far out of alignment it has been a booger to get back in. I cannot seem to get rid of a pinch at LC, RC AND LOWER A. My question is this.. do you re-mate the coupler each time you make an adjustment? I can adjust and get it where the feeler is good all the way around, but then when I re-mate the coupler it has the pinch back.I will be buying a new coupler this winter.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 12:12pm
You don't need to remate the coupling halves all the way. Just make sure the male and female pilot steps are aligned and you don't have to apply sideways force to engauge them. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquiddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2020 at 11:04pm
Well, everything is in (minus reat ballasts) and I took it out on the water for a test run and the Transmission ran like champ. Only had one issue and that is the droplets shaft seal is slinging water up on the engine while running. I will be taking a look at that tomorrow. The only other thing I notice was a slight whine when drivin, but I had all of the hatches open so I could hear everything. With the hatches closed I couldn't hear it. I want to thank all of you for the help and advice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquiddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2020 at 10:04pm
Alright, I made a post about my adventure with this project over in the Engine repair thread. I hope that it helps someone down the road that happens to get into that same situation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic