NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non Correct Craft Repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non Correct Craft Repair
    Posted: September-01-2020 at 7:05pm
I have been recruited to help a good friend fix a Cobalt.  A 246 with a 502 GM Volvo Penta Fuel Injected engine.
It is a 2001 model year.   A good friend passed away at 64, total surprise to all of us.   His wife called and needs to sell this boat.
Her first buyer took it for a test drive and it would not go over 5 mph.   They put it in a shop and are told it has engine problems and they plan to replace all the fuel injectors for the discounted price of $2,000 but they don't know if that is the problem for sure, and then said the outdrive will need another $2,000 invested.   She called for help.  I will pick it up Thursday Morning and hope to be able to help her fix it so she can sell it.   That is the before story.   I am hoping someone on our forum has experience with the 502 marine fuel injection to point me in the right direction.

I will start with a battery test and then go straight to the fuel pressure and start chasing this down.
I am told it sat for a couple years but they did a lot of work to it before it sat and took it to Lake Powell in Arizona for a Houseboat trip where it ran really good.

The wife was in tears, the boat should be worth $22 - 26K if working well and the first guy offered $5,500.
I know engines pretty well, good with automotive fuel injection but know nothing about the GM Marine fuel injection software.
I have never worked on an outdrive.   I think I may change the oil in it and after fixing the engine put it in water and see what else is needed.
I promise to wear a Ski Nautique shirt when I pick it up at the Marine Shop and while I work on it just to keep the faith.

In pictures this looks like a very nice boat but I have no interest in ownership, just going to help her get it running to sell it.  We have been friends for 40 years so I need to help.  Now I just don't want to fail on this project!
I'll check back in when I know more and to beg for help or therapy.

Mark
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 8:16pm
First of all you're a good man for doing that! Second thing is that I kinda sorta in the same situation with a neighbor's 97 Regal 2750 with a 454 Volvo Penta. Wouldn't go over 2800 rpm and asked me for assistance. Tried to check the timing first and at idle it waaaaaaay out! No matter what I did to the dizzy I couldn't change it. Come to find out it's got some fancy circuit board that controls the timing and it went bad. He managed to talk to a mechanic famlier with Volvo I/Os who recommended replacing the dizzy with a standard EI one. That's what we did and she runs like a scalded dog. He's got up up for sale as he never uses it to by a SN 206. Seems that myself and two other SN neighbors/owners have rubbed of him and he wants to join the club. Maybe this info will help to out. Good luck Mark!!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 9:17pm
Mark,
I agree that you are fantastic to help this friend in need. I wish you the best and do post what you find and I know we will do our best to try to help as well.  

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 11:27pm
Thanks guys the fun begins Thursday, it involves a 100 mile tow to my house and I hope the trailer can handle that.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2020 at 7:46am
This is a case where buying the manual would be worth the money.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2020 at 7:50am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

This is a case where buying the manual would be worth the money.

At whatever the manual costs, I figure it's worth the money

And...............when you're done and she's selling the boat, a dirty, used looking factory manual is a good selling point Wink
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2020 at 6:58pm
OK, let the party begin.   Shop manual in hand, read the engine part today.  Not impressed, very little detail but at least it shows fire order and fuel pressures for both pumps.
This boat is much heavier than a Ski Nautique, my Yukon felt it.  Got 10.4 MPG towing at 60 MPH almost all freeway.   I think full dressed with trailer it is close to 6,000 pounds.   Nothing fixed just investigating but it is too hot on my driveway to spend much time.  Won't fit in my garage, way too tall with the tower on it. This boat has a bathroom hidden under the dash and in front of the passenger seat.  You would have to be an acrobat to use it and willing to put all out on display, but it has one.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2020 at 8:57pm
Good luck Mark - it's going to give you a workout climbing in and out that's for sure!  Clymer and Chilton in my experience at least in Honda motorcycles, Jeeps and Chevy's leave alot to be desired. Youtube will probably be your best friend.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2020 at 5:21pm
So far I find the plugs are new, wires in sequence, new batteries and a new fuel pump module.
I started it and it is running on 3 cylinders.  I was told it had a compression test done and all 8 checked good.  430 hours I think I saw.  Might be plugged injector or a injector wire issue.  I plan to spray gas I tonight and see if the dead 5 cylinders fire up.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 2:08am
When I sprayed gas into the throttle body the engine smoothed out and picked up RPM.  This tells me the distributor probably is not the issue 3 injectors are working so fuel pressure must be OK.  I pulled the intake off to gain access to the fuel injectors.  A Marine shop charged $460 to inspect this boat last week and advised replacing all 8 injectors.   With the manifold off I pulled the fuel rail and injectors.  I cleaned flushed and tested all 8,  one was partially plugged but is good now.  Took about 4 hours, the shop was going to charge $2,450 for this job.  So far they installed a new fuel pump module $1500, and wanted $2400 more for the injector service.
Neither one would have fixed this boat and they got the extra $460 for advising it needs new injectors.
I learned the computer uses two wire feeds for the injector signals out, one for each bank.  Bank one is dead so I need to find out why.  The one plugged injector was on bank 2 leaving me with 3 cylinders working.
The Marine shop is a reputable shop but had no clue how to diagnose this boat and planned to charge much more to TRY to fix it.
For $150 per hour they should be much better than that.
I hope to figure out the electrical but I’m weak on electrical.

I know I should have checked fuel pressure but there is no port on the fuel rail.  I will revisit fuel pressure if getting all 8 injectors working does not fix it.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:03am
Maybe there is a separate relay for each bank.  That would be too easy!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 1:12pm
Since it's GM Marine electronic fuel injection, you could hop on over to Planet Nautique as one example of a place to go, and download their MEFI manual for the engine.

The manual is a GM thing and since they (PCM, Volvo, Mercruiser etc all buy their engines from the same place the manual should tell you everything you need to know about the engine including wiring diagrams.

You'll just have to figure out if it's MEFI 3 or MEFI 4 for example Wink
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 2:12pm
I know nothing mechanically.  But, that will be a great Tahoe boat when you get it running properly.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 6:40pm
I installed the injectors and started studying the wire schematic, found the injectors have two computer feeds which I assumed were left bank and right bank,  NOPE, it is 4 center cylinders and 4 outer cylinders.  With this info I leaned towards the injectors may have been plugged even though only one was hard to clean last night.
I was told the boat was empty of gas and they had put 15-20 gallons in to do a water test when they found it would only go 5 mph.
I did a fuel test before starting it with clean injectors and it pumped brown gasoline.  I hooked up a gas can to the fuel feed and cycled the pumps a few times to fill with fresh gas.
Turned the key and bam.  Fired on all 8 and sounds mean.
Thanks to all of you for the help.   I read that this 8.2l or 502 GM marine pushed the Cobalt 29 foot to 51mph.  This boat is only 24.5 so I bet it is fast.
Looking at the dash it has a perfect pass installed?  Seems odd.  It does have a wakeboard tower.
I plan to go back and check all 8 cylinders to verify it is an 8 cyl again but it sounded really nice.
Only a load will tell for sure.
Now, how do you dispose of 40 gallons of bad gas?  I will check locally with our city.

The shop was correct in saying the injectors were bad so I publicly apologies even though I did not use their name.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 7:01pm
ClapClapClap
Mark,
I think you should take it back to that so called marina where they weren't sure how fix it. Feel free to use my terminology and call their mechanic a "back yard hack". LOLLOL

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 7:29pm
Even though the price was very high they did at least point the injectors out as an issue they would fix for $2,400.

I will try and post the pic of the gasoline I pulled from the boat.   I used two small buckets, one has clean gas the other with the brown fuel is the bad gas, after 15-20 gallons of new fuel were added to  it.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 8:39pm
Great job Mark! Being California 2k of that might be for disposing of bad gas LOL  I'm curious of how you clean injectors at home Mark,whats your process?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 9:40pm
I have a few Injector factory connectors with pigtails already attached so I can hook them up to a 12V battery.
I have a tube that fits on a can of Carb Cleaner and the tube is modified to fit the injector opening.
Separately I have a can of WD40 set up with the same type tube.
Finally I have an old style hand pump oil gun filled with ATF fluid and it is also modified to fit the Injector opening.
First step you apply power and spray through the injector into a container, I use a small bucket like the ones above holding gas.  Put a couple clean white paper towels in the bottom of the bucket.  
Spray the carb cleaner into the injector while it is powered with 12V.  12V should open the injector.  Watch the spray pattern. When it sprays with a nice spray pattern it is working and clean, if it is dripping/ not spraying or no spray it is bad.  If bad let the carb cleaner work for a minute or so and apply again.
Carb cleaner is pretty abrasive so as soon as they spray clean I spray again with WD 40.
Last step I take the hand pump ATF and pump ATF through the injector, it cleans and lubricates the internal parts so they are not damaged by the carb cleaner.   
Last step hold the injector close to your ear, I have the wires plugged in and about 2 feet away is my battery connection so I can reach out and take the positive lead on and off the battery, touch it quickly many times and listen, the injector should open and close as fast as you touch power and release.  
You will see any junk that blows out the injector on your white paper towel in the bucket and the bucket catches all the excess spray and drips.  The oils and cleaner soak through the paper towels and any mess that comes out sits on top.  It is fine particles like black dust normally.   Use a new paper towel for each injector cleaned and you will see what comes out and how the spray pattern changes from bad to good.
Backyard mechanics for sure but guess what, it works pretty well.   There are several youtube videos out there showing several ways to do this.
I have an engine Oiler that holds 5 quarts, you can pressurize this tank and it has a feed hose and a valve to regulate flow.  It can hold over 100 PSI.  I have considered making a connection to this so I could do the final step blowing ATF through the injector pressurized but the old hand pump has done the job so far.
I give it a few pumps until I see the ATF dripping out the injector spray nozzle.   It takes a few pumps and you see the WD 40 exit before it turns pink and you know it is now flowing ATF.

Our City does have a Hazardous waste pick up but limited to 15 gallons and they want 5 weeks to get an appointment for the 15 gallon pick up.  We are looking for other options.  
If this was Nevada we could just burn it off.Evil Smile

Edit:  before spraying with the injector powered with 12V I spray a tiny bit of carb clean into the inlet, this is where the filter/screen is.  I tap the injector on a paper towel after spraying with the screen / filter down.  Hoping the kick out anything that may be plugging the screen.  Sometimes you find things and sometimes you don't but this is an important step before cleaning the injector.

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2020 at 9:34pm
The project continues, working around other jobs.  Looking at the outdrive the bellows are cracked and need replacing.   I jacked up the trailer today to get room to drop the outdrive all the way down for removal tomorrow.  Now the trailer tires are up in the air supported on jacks so I decide to check all 4.  3 are loose, loose enough I would not run them on the road.  The 4th tire I could move in and out grabbing the top of the tire about 2 full inches.
On the 100 mile tow home I stopped twice to inspect the wheel bearings.  All 4 stayed nice and cool, even when I got home I checked once more, all 4 wheel bearings were nice and cool.   Has me thinking these bearings might have been adjusted this loose by a prior wrench?   My thinking is if the bearings were failing they would have been really hot to the touch.  As I jacked up the trailer I saw the one wheel tilting slightly which started this inspection.   Oh well.  Pulling off the outdrive tomorrow for new bellows and hoping not to find any more issues.   I want to get it ready for a Water test to see if the engine is working as well as I hope.  I found out the 502 in this is rated at 415 HP so it should get along really nice.
Drained the outdrive today, the oil was black and old, at least it did not have any water in it.  Progress.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 3:14am
Final Wrap for any that have interest.  The trailer fiasco was caused by the last service on the trailer, I do not know who did the work.  The Wheel seal for this trailer is a real Odd Ball size.  I know seals as well as anyone and I had to search hard to find the correct fit.  National still made it and I had to order 4 in but got them and they fit perfectly on the axle and the hub.
The previous wheel end work had 4 seals installed that did not fit the axle although they fit the Hub.  The rubber seal was about 1/16" too large, did not even touch the spindle.  The mechanic installed 4 Speedi Sleeves on the axle and they fit the seal but were still large on the spindle so no seal, water could get in and grease could get out.  Result was not surprising.  Grease had covered all 4 Brake Shoes and the entire inside of the brake drums and all hardware.  Looks to me like the prior owner was great at filling the bearing buddy's every trip but had no idea where all that grease was going.   Took me a full day to clean up the 4 wheels.   Found the Axle nut stripped on the axle that had 2" free play in that wheel.  The axle stub was stripped.  Looked at purchasing a new axle New axle was 6-8 weeks out with no guarantee of actual delivery date.   We need to go in the trailer business, the trailer shop was telling every customer they are currently booked until January.  The threads were 13/16 -20,  I bought a 3/4 - 20 Tap and Die.   The axle threaded really nice down to 3//4-20.  I made a nut to match the other 3 in size and tapped it to 3/4- 20.   This is the same size nut and thread used on many GM trucks for the front axle spindle so I am not concerned it will not be strong enough.   So a couple days later we finally had a trailer again.
Started bleeding the brakes, fluid came out looking like mud.   Cleaned up I could see all 4 brakes had been replaced not long ago in terms of miles driven, they were galvanized and in really nice shape once cleaned but since the grease was everywhere I did not know this till it was cleaned up.  One wheel cylinder was stuck, cleaned up easy, just a little rust.  Pumped 2 full quarts of Dot 4 brake fluid through this and it started pumping out clean.  Finally, got brakes although I worry what all the grease may have done to the wheel cylinders.
Pulled off the outdrive, all the internet videos show everyone building a roll around plywood stand?  I put an eye in the top of the outdrive where the Volvo Penta book showed and lifted it with my engine hoist and it worked very well.  No problem at all.   No stand needed. Installed new Bellows and new seals on the upper and lower unit and put it back in.  This job had me scared since I have never touched an outdrive before but it really was no big deal if you go slow and be careful.  This all went back in very well.
If your remember the Injectors were plugged by running very old gasoline, I pumped out the gas in the tank, the gauge said the boat had 1/2 tank when I started, pumped out 25 gallons, gauge said I was on empty, I think great, couple more gallons.  Nope, pulled out a total of 43+ gallons.   Getting rid of old gasoline is a problem.  Some said 5 gallon limit, one said 15 gallon limit, another said for $150 and $10.50 per gallon they would take it.   My cousins son came to the rescue.  He takes old oil, Engine or cooking oil and makes his own Diesel fuel.   He said he could use the old gasoline to make Diesel and took all of it, and he picked it up and was happy to get it.  WIN WIN.
He has a station he built complete with a Centrifuge for making Diesel.  We really lucked out on this part.  I keep saying WE, most of that We was me, myself and I until the cleaning started.
We spent a day washing and cleaning everything.  I had to put a new blower vent hose in and we were ready for a boat test.
The big 502 fired on the first touch of the key and idled strong.  The potential buyer who is also the same guy that put this boat into the shop for the expensive estimates called to tell me there is no way this boat is fixed, it is going to need much more than injectors, he said he had it at several experts and this boat has real problems.  When this guy water tested the boat a month before I was involved it barely started and would not move the boat over 5 MPH.   When we got out of the 5 mph zone I powered it up and it jumped right up to 40 MPH on partial throttle.  We ran it a while and opened it up. It ran perfect and very strong.  Tops out at 4,200 RPM but I am guessing close to 60 MPH.   Dumb Correct Craft owner driver FORGOT the boat has power trim for the outdrive.   We drove it an hour really enjoying the power ride and speed, and then found the power trim, it picked up an easy 10 more MPH.  The boat owner, my friend who lost her husband recently was in tears she was so happy.  Made it all worth while but it was not a quick fix, It was a long 2 1/2 weeks.   First fixing and repairing and then cleaning, buffing etc. but it should be easy to sell.   I will try to post videos.
The bad news,  My wife has been injured for the past 30 years and riding in our Nautique or similar boats jars her neck just enough to leave her in pain that can last hours or even days.   She loved the soft ride in the Cobalt and she has always loved Power so the 502 had her smiling.   It was pretty impressive.   Hitting boat wakes even at speed just made it rock a little.  My boat would have been slamming on some of these.  I did not ski but the water was awesome.  Got to get out there and use it soon.  The bad news, she says, WE NEED A BOAT like this.   I will talk her down over the winter.  Our Nautique stays.  
The 246 Cobalt with the Duo Prop really surprised me, it handled very well, great acceleration, zero prop slip, it turned better than any outdrive I have ever been in.  I pulled a couple tight bat turns in it at speed and it did it like it thought it was a Nautique.   Moving around the Dock the outdrive is pretty cool, you can back it while turning with no effort.  It is big and heavy, bet it has a 4 foot draft and that would take some getting used to.  One of the big Nautique Air boats came out and was motoring around today, had the really wide nose on it, almost a tri hull nose?   It was not even close to the Cobalt in speed.  
Since this was the owners pride and joy, well, one of his 4 boats she chose to scatter his ashes in the lake today so it was a special day, she said he would have loved getting to go out in the boat one more time.
Thanks letting me go out of the Nautique box on our forum.   Have a great week.
Now that we know it does not have any issues I need to take it out again Saturday for a potential buyer.  Hope it sells quick, I need the space back.
Mark
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2020 at 9:48am
Cobalt is the king of I/O sport boats. Recently bought by Malibu.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2020 at 10:02pm
The Boat is done and now for sale. Curious what you guys think.
Mark

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/represa-cobalt-246-with-wakeboard-tower/7203096698.html

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2020 at 10:16pm
Sure looks like a well cared for boat Mark. Only problem I can think of is that it's getting toward the end of the season but at least out there I think you have some life in it yet. Good luck on the sale
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2020 at 10:32pm
Nice job Mark. Literally thousands of bucks saved! Those are good strong boats, and we’re always excited when we see a Python motor!

You’re a good man, and you will be rewarded;-)
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2020 at 3:09am
I should have taken some good BEFORE pictures, unfortunately this boat sat for a few years and that showed.  A good cleaning has it looking good and a couple weeks going over the mechanicals got it back up to shape.  I like this boat a lot, it is fun on the lake.  The 502 does a very good job in this boat.  
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 6:02pm
We listed this boat for sale Friday and it is SOLD as of Sunday morning.  The buyer wanted this exact model and drove 450 miles this morning to come Lake test the boat.   The Owner is very happy with the result so all time invested was worth it.  The new buyer has a great family, they all took the drive and are excited about their new boat.   That is a wrap.  Thanks for the Therapy along the way.  
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 6:38pm
Well done Mark. Great job. 

Clap Clap

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 8:37pm
Great to hear !!
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 12:58pm
Service to others is what it’s all about.  Well done. 

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2020 at 1:55pm
I planned to fix it, not deliver it. The buyer did not have a truck, owned a place on a lake with a dock, Big Bear lake in S Calif, that lake is a hidden gem, The buyer asked me how much to deliver it, I gave him a number and he said yes. 18 hours of driving but done. People don't realize how large California is, I live in Norther California, about 320 miles south of the Oregon border. I drove just short of 500 miles South and was still 150 miles from the southern border. There is a lot to see other than Hollywood and San Francisco and most of it is rural.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic