Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pylon and steering wheel

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pylon and steering wheel
    Posted: August-15-2020 at 9:02pm
Looking for a pylon with the ring/finger for a 83 BN. And a steering wheel for a early 70’s CC Mustang
Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2021 at 3:53pm
I have a pylon with ring and finger out of a 79 Ski if your still looking.
1979 Ski Nautique Excalibur 330 repower
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2021 at 4:08pm
I’m interested, Please send me pic?
Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2021 at 5:58pm
I cannot figure out how to post pics on here. Do you have another method I can send them via?
Bigbirdmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbirdmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by wsavini wsavini wrote:

I’m interested, Please send me pic?

They should be visible on the classic correctcraft Facebook page.
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2021 at 6:31pm
You can email me wsavini@gmail.com
Or text me at 508-649-3449
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 11:40am
Ok I just figured it out and saw pic. That’s what I’m looking for. How much should I send you?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 12:35pm
Not to throw a wrench in anyone’s sale but I’m assuming dimensions were exchanged? (The SN and BFN pylons do not generally interchange).
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 12:42pm
Well that’s good to know. The one in my BF seems to be bigger in diameter than my sn. I’ll check it out. My BF pylon ring was cut off with a metal saw.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 12:56pm
Pylon diameter is the same for all cc’s since ‘76 (2.5”). The height is different- the critical difference between SN and BFN is the distance from the hull cup to the pylon flange (BFN is taller- a flanged SN pylon will hit the floor and never reach the hull).

Ring and finger are obviously the same though- you could swap that piece over.
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 1:02pm
I’ll measure from the bottom of the pylon to the floor plate.
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2021 at 8:16pm
Good call! Thank you. BN is 14” from bottom to floor plate. The SN is 9”. Thank you
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2021 at 4:35pm
I have a pylon out of an 88 Barefoot Nautique.  It is the first year of the new design with the ball in place of the ring and finger.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2021 at 5:05pm
Can you Pm me a price? And pic?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by ScottZ ScottZ wrote:

I have a pylon out of an 88 Barefoot Nautique.  It is the first year of the new design with the ball in place of the ring and finger.
mid 87 change but close enough
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2021 at 7:02am
Please send me a pic and a price. Ty
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2021 at 8:55am
$200  I will get a picture of it later this week.  
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2021 at 9:23am
Not to throw another wrench but you can’t swap ring/finger pylons with ball toppers without some modifications. The hull cup is a different size- the r/f pylons had a small finger installed at the bottom (~1” diameter) that installed in a corresponding sized hull cup. The ball top pylons retain their full diameter right to the bottom and used a 2.5”+ diameter hull cup.

Additionally, a 83 BFN will not have a cradle and will require a flange at the floor (and a backing plate underneath) to secure. The flanges were removed from the pylons when the cradles showed up (‘85 or 86 on the Bfn) which was a few years before the ball topper style came out (mid 87). So no ball topper will have the required flange for the boat in question.

Trying to find a flanged Bfn pylon will likely prove tricky… they would have been used 79-85ish and is specific to that model. If your pylon is otherwise ok, you might be best served swapping over a ring and finger as that is a lot more common (used across all models 73-87).
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2021 at 9:27am
Man I do t know what I’d do without you guys. Ty for that info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic