NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat US Insurance..

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat US Insurance..
    Posted: August-14-2020 at 1:48pm
Until recently, I have been more than happy with BoatUS.  2 years ago, after discussion with BoatUS rep, we set my agreed value at $15,300 for boat and $2,000 for trailer... It is a 1999 closed bow ski nautique on an eagle trailer.  It spends it's time in a heated garage except for when we take it to lake etc to ski and gets wiped down and back in garage when not in use.  I know Geico underwrites for them and they use BUC.com to establish value and can go 20% more or less to come up with value.

Well I just got my renewal letter and on the declaration page they dropped the value EXACTLY 15%.  I spoke with Dad who has two boats insured with them and both of his were devalued by 15% as well.  I called and got the runaround and am finding what used to be a very specific niche boat company is becoming more like the rest... I was also told (probably against the companies wishes) they spent a fortune of the past few hurricane seasons... thus limiting exposure!

I spoke to a few reps and they are obviously trained well to deflect, they have said, "send pics and for sale adds of examples selling like yours..." I did, they say well... "we insure for Agreed Value not replacement", then they say, "feel free to hire a marine surveyor, but we still can't guarantee we will use their assessment.."

I called ski safe and the quoted me and came up with 15k for boat and 3k for trailer but they are charging twice the premium.  

Anyone have similar experience?

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2020 at 2:02pm
Progressive Insurance .  Reasonable Rates with stipulated loss values.  

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
uncle-buck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle-buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Progressive Insurance .  Reasonable Rates with stipulated loss values.  

JQ

Ditto on Progressive. Just switched to them today.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 2:02pm
Just as a follow up, once I was actually able to speak to an underwriter, he updated the agreed value back to the $17,300 without any issue.  I will say it was very hard to get an underwriter on phone!

My premium is 35% less than the progressive and 80% less than ski safe quotes everything being equal/close.  I don't have progressive auto which would probably knock it down a bit for multi-policy discount..
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 3:45pm
Geico uses Boat US for their carrier.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic