Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Mustang Rope Chocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Mustang Rope Chocks
    Posted: May-09-2020 at 8:42pm
Hello, long time follower but fist time posting. I need two stern rope chocks for my 72 Mustang. Original would be my preference or has anybody machined a copy?
Thank you all in advance

****FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES PICTURE ADDED AFTER INITIAL POST****

Ralph
1972 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2020 at 9:29pm
Ralph,
I'm a little confused as to what you are looking for. The rope guard typical in the early 70's would have been a bent piece of 1/2 round and not machined. The confusion also comes from you needing two. Do you have two boats? Explain some more.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2020 at 9:43pm
Ralph,
Here's a picture of what I consider a rope guard. It's the V shaped 1/2 round screwed to the aft deck.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:12am
Pete, Thank you for the quick reply. My towline guide (my nomenclature) is in great shape despite every passenger thinking it is a structural handle. I have a chrome plated aluminum/white metal casting on each corner of the stern that I use to run a dock line from the stern lift ring/cleat to stern corner to the dock cleat. I can make out the name "PERKO" on the side. The picture you supplied does not have the part I am trying to describe. I am struggling trying to get a picture uploaded, any tip would be appreciated.
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:27am
Rope chock:

Check ebay for Perko rope chock

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:31am
Regarding posting pictures, it's almost impossible from a mobile device. The best is off a PC. Go to "post reply" or click on the "full reply editor" (the arrow icon above the message box) then click on the icon of the tree with the up arrow. A browse box will come up allowing you to select anything off your computer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:36am
Try this:

Pero rope chock on ebay

Note the angled/slanted chocks are typically meant for the bow deck since it's angled.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:41am
Pete,
That is my bow "rope chock", however, I will need the stern. Checking out e-bay now, thanks for the help. I hope to find them but if not I may still need an original/vintage.
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:47am
Ralph,
Original/vintage for CC may be hard to find just because back then CC was very inconsistent on what they used. Times were tough and they had a tendency to use whatever they could get. The chocks would have been a less expensive chrome plated zinc die casting rather than chromed brass.

Are yours missing? Maybe they were never on the boat? Holes in the deck?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:54am
Pete,
Yesterday, I was cleaning the boat and noticed my "stern rope chock" was cracked at the rear screw hole (minimum material). When the screw was removed the part broke. I looked at the other side and same thing. I have no recollection of ever taking these off In the 35 years I owned it. That is the picture I am tryin to upload but the "icon with the tree arrow" is not giving me a browse option.
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:57am
Originally posted by rmenier rmenier wrote:

Pete,
the picture I am tryin to upload but the "icon with the tree arrow" is not giving me a browse option.

Are you on a mobile device?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 11:29am
No, my laptop
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 12:22pm
Ralph,
Be patient. There are times when the site can be slow. I'm also finding in general the net is slow at times I suspect due to the traffic with all the "stay at home'rs"

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 12:51pm
I am assuming that what Pete pictured isn't what you are looking for then? I just took two of those off of a parts boat yesterday if they are. Will wait to see your picture.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 2:35pm

I forgot I had some stuff off of a 70 Barracuda. There are two different versions.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 3:19pm
YES!!! The far right picture is what I was trying to upload and what I need. Mine broke at the rear screw hole side.
Are they available for sale?
Ralph
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by rmenier rmenier wrote:

YES!!! The far right picture is what I was trying to upload and what I need. Mine broke at the rear screw hole side.
Are they available for sale?
Ralph

Yes, the straight chocks are for the aft end. As mentioned, the angled are for the bow.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by illiniball2000 illiniball2000 wrote:

I am assuming that what Pete pictured isn't what you are looking for then? I just took two of those off of a parts boat yesterday if they are. Will wait to see your picture.

Brian,
I was simply posting a picture of a chock trying to see if that was what Ralph was looking for.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 3:35pm
I have a set as well if your interested.

Old school goin back to school!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 3:38pm
If Brian's are not for sale that is.
Old school goin back to school!
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 3:49pm
I am interested. Please provide details. From the pictures, the condition on yours is closer to what I have. I might be interested in both yours and Brian's sets if pricing is not an obstacle. These parts aren't getting any newer and/or easier to find and both of mine broke already. Please let me know what you and Brian also are thinking.
Ralph
Ralph
1972 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 5:12pm
yes for sale make me an offer . I don't really have any idea what to ask. I don't sell stuff to make money. I reinvest in what I am using at the moment.
Thanks,
Brian
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 11:35am
Special thanks to Pete, Brian and John for finding circa 1970 rope chocks for my 72 Mustang. Over the years, I have scoured this site to read posts, get insight from experts and read how members provide assistance, and I have used the information to solve problems and keep my boat running!
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 12:01pm
Ralph,
We're all glad to help and glad you found what you needed.

How's the picture posting going? Did you have a chance to try again? We'd love to see the Mustang. Are you in the diaries? If not, get the listing in there.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 1:27pm
Pete,
I sent a note to Keith and Alison requesting clear instruction on how to upload pictures and Avatar, no reply so far. I did just fill out the Diaries and uploaded some pictures, and now waiting for approval from Alison, so hopefully they will be up in a few days.
Ralph
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 2:13pm
Ralph,
You mentioned you clicked on the icon of the tree with the blue up arrow and nothing happened. Have you tried it again? Maybe someone else can describe it better but here's my instructions again:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Go to "post reply" or click on the "full reply editor" (the arrow icon above the message box) then click on the icon of the tree with the up arrow. A browse box will come up allowing you to select anything off your computer.

I don't know if Alison or Keith could help??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 3:24pm
Pete,
I have been following your instruction without any luck.

This is what I did:
1. Click on "Reply"
2. Click on "Full Reply Editor"
3. Click on Icon with bright blue/green arrow (image upload)
      - It's like that icon is dead, nothing happens, however, every other icon is alive

I don't know if I did something wrong setting up my profile or need some permission's.

I did get through the Diaries setup and got an e-mail form letter from Alison that my Diaries Input will be reviewed and uploaded within 3 business days....I guess we'll see.
Ralph
1972 Mustang
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 3:38pm
Pete,
I just got the secret decoder ring password....Avatar uploaded.
Ralph
1972 Mustang
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 3:50pm
Diary pictures also uploaded, per info below:

Model: 1972 Mustang Waukesha
Engine: Ford PCM 302
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2020 at 4:36pm
Ralph,
I checked out your diary entry.

Now on to the next project hopefully fixing your posting pictures problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic