Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need hole sizes in 68 Mustang plexi windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need hole sizes in 68 Mustang plexi windshield
    Posted: January-13-2020 at 7:14pm
Ordering a new windshield from UPD for my '68 Mustang. My boat is currently shrink wrapped and under a couple feet of snow. Given that production time is 7 weeks, I want to get this ordered now so it's ready in advance of boating season.

UPD offers drill bits to put holes in the new windshield. I need to know what size bits to order. I have the six mounting hardware holes along the bottom that are likely 1/4"-3/8", and smaller holes along the top for the rivets on the aluminum strip.

Anyone have an accessible boat and the ability to measure the holes? Thanks!
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2020 at 9:00pm
Chris,
Sorry I can't help with the hole size but I can regarding the drill bit for acrylic.

Bits are ground for a zero rake angle just like cast iron and copper alloys.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by zwoobah zwoobah wrote:

Ordering a new windshield from UPD for my '68 Mustang. My boat is currently shrink wrapped and under a couple feet of snow.

I can't help either, but I think you should get your snow measuring stick calibrated
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2020 at 11:07am
I will go down and look
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2020 at 4:48pm
Pete - thanks for the pointer on the bits. I think I’ll have them start making the glass and can always order bits in the spring if needed.

Ken - you’re right. Unfortunately the snow is all gone by now. We briefly had the snowmobile trails open, almost down to mud everywhere this week. More snow is supposedly on the way.

Michael - thanks! This will be a big help
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2020 at 6:08pm

Ken - you’re right. Unfortunately the snow is all gone by now.

I wish I wasn't right but I guess it's Mother Nature showing us who's really in control
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2020 at 8:54pm

. Unfortunately the snow is all gone by now. We briefly had the snowmobile trails open, almost down to mud everywhere this week.

Need to borrow some snow? Here's the forecast:

Tonight: A slight chance of snow before 7pm, then a slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday: Snow, mainly after 9am. High near 24. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.

Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 2. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Thursday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 7. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.

Friday: Snow likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night: Snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19.

Saturday: Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27.

Saturday Night: Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 7.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13.

That "snow" word is sure mentioned a lot. The new stuff will be on top of the 24" or so we already have.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic