Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bilge drain plug leaking

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bilge drain plug leaking
    Posted: January-10-2020 at 6:41pm
I have developed a leak at my bilge drain plug. The video in the link below shows water seeping in around the edges of the hull fitting (i.e. it is not leaking through the threads of the plug). Any suggestions as to how best to fix this properly? Remove, apply 3M 5200 or similar, and reinstall? Or is there more to it?

Thanks for any advice and suggestions!

Leaking drain plug video
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2021 at 8:47am
Just to wrap this thread up: I ended up pulling the plug assembly out, and re-installed it with a 4200 equivalent sealant. Has been good ever since.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic