NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My daughter Natalie needs a favor.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My daughter Natalie needs a favor.
    Posted: October-22-2019 at 1:59pm
Folks,

Many of you have meet my Daughter Natalie at Correct Craft Fan events. She now has a project as a college freshman and she needs some help with a project. With winter coming soon, I am hoping you may have some extra time to help by doing a survey for her school work.

Hey y'all! My name is Natalie Camille Tilley and I am a freshman studying electrical engineering at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. One of my courses within the Honors College, Honors English Seminar, requires us to do undergraduate research connecting to a core book we read titled, "The Common Good." Attached below is a survey I created in order to have data from a public perspective. The survey is only nine questions and takes around three minutes to complete. I will also be attaching a link to a copy of my research proposal. This proposal was written for a campus conference I was selected to present for. Although it is brief, it gives a better understanding of the project and its goals. I am aiming for one thousand survey submissions in order to make an accurate conclusion. It would mean a lot to me if you would complete the survey and share it with family members, friends, and neighbors.

Thank you,
Natalie Camille Tilley

Survey Link: https://uah.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_03rUelLmhMM6NkF
Research Proposal Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UMxTIcxxVJu1g06ebNAyQd7-_LGkdGr_aHhxmZThfEU/edit?usp=sharing
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 2:00pm
Looks like I need someone to help me with this link.
Thanks,
Donald
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 2:50pm
Donald I just copied and then pasted it into a new browser and worked fine. Hope you all are doing well.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 2:53pm
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 2:57pm
Or Larry could just fix it...
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 3:51pm
Interesting subject. I hope she gets good results. Please share the finished thesis if possible.
Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 4:08pm
I took the test, when do I get my grade? Sure hope I passed!!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 4:38pm
The Corrected Link works fine. Nice Work.

Why did the form not ask, " Do you Love to Waterski? "
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 5:25pm
Was I not supposed to put "I like boats" in all the boxes?
Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 8:49pm
Guys,
I really appreciate the help and I am sure Natalie does too. It is very sad not having her around. Madeline (oldest) is in graduate school and Natalie (youngest) was our last to leave the nest.

I will try to see if I can post the results. The teachers is asking her to get a thousand responses to her survey in order to get a good sample. I am hoping she gets a few hundred.

You guys thought I was begging for college money. That will be my next post. ,
She was home from fall break last week and she got in a few pulls behind our boat.

Thanks again,

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

I took the test, when do I get my grade? Sure hope I passed!!

Quinner,

Luckily for you, I grade on a steep curve.

Donald
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2019 at 4:20am
I don't have any daughters so I missed the boat on that one although I now have 3 grand daughters so I can catch up on the girl bonding now.
When my two boys moved out they both did it within one week of each other.
We snow skied a lot together and they moved out in the middle of a great snow ski year.
The house got so quiet so fast I was flat out depressed for almost 2 months. I love to snow ski and did not go once in that period of time, just did not have my mojo.
You put the first 20 years of their life into them so you are really invested and then they wave and drive off.   It takes a little adjustment and then you adapt.
Glad your gals are both doing well, you will adjust.
Mark
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2019 at 10:39am
Morning Donald - Did my "collegiate" duty this morning. Might want to send a text to the other LKN'ers (Reid - yes, he is back in this country; Nautique John; Marcos, etc.) about this survey. We know they can check their phones anywhere in NC, SC, and eastern TN, with all the new cell towers we have now. Regards, New Frank. PS - Yes it is nice having the "kids" home for short periods during the summer, having a 3rd and 4th gives more time between sets for my wife and I to recover ...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2019 at 3:10pm
Mark and Frank,

Thanks,

Yes, my wife is having a very hard time letting the second one go. Both of us have been depressed. The winter also puts me there too.

Thanks again,

Donald
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2019 at 11:15am
Interested to know why the age group went from a 10 yr span to a 20 year span.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 1:29am
Just took the survey.

Our youngest of three is a senior in high school, we are not looking forward to being empty nesters.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 9:52am
Hell if Quinner can do it then it should be a breeze for me!

As an empty nester it takes some getting used to but knowing your kids are okay and are successful or on the path to success ( one's a nurse the other one in nursing school) you know you did your job as a parent. You're still Dad but the relationship changes for the better I think. (or at least in my case) You'll be okay fellas. You'll just appreciate the time you get with your kids way more and you'll hug them a little tighter.

Good Luck Natalie!!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 12:14pm
I'm far from the empty nest thing you all talk about but my oldest is now at the age where boys are noticing.   
So I was wondering... how many rounds will it take to chase one from the front porch.

The answer was easier than I thought... It's just the sound of the slide chambering a round from the other side of the door.    
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 6:01pm
Don't chase them all away Paul... sooner or later one of those lovely young ladies you have is bound to lure in a good young laborer or two to help you with all those projects you always have brewing

I always make the little bastards from down the street help do yard work when I catch them on my property. Though I will never let them date... they do half-ass work...

speaking of mandatory service, it is one thing to make idiots stack wood... not sure I would want some of these kids defending my country... just saying... I wouldn't want these idiots even raking the leaves for the country!

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 6:20pm
Nan told them I wouldn't shoot, not sure they believe her yet

I tell them the door mat says what it says for a reason.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 6:46pm
When my only sister, 4 boys, 1 girl, had her first major date, Senior Ball, my dad who has a great sense of humor says, how are we going to greet this guy. We mull it over and decide I will go answer the door when he knocks, Dad, hiding in the hallway Yells, Is that the Son of Bitch, I say yes, Dad Racks a 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun so it can be heard very clearly.
This poor kid about crapped his pants and turned white in front of me.
Dad and I start laughing really enjoying our work. My Mother comes out and starts apologizing to the young man and explaining we like a good joke. The kid starts to recover.
My dear sister comes out and is Fuming! She just could not get the humor in it.
She still gives me the death glare when we laugh about it 40 years later.
The young man never came back but at least it turned out my sister did not like him anyway.
And Gun Driver, a favorite from a guy I worked with with 2 very pretty daughters.

Guys would come knocking on his door picking them up for a first date. Joe had one rule, the daughters could not come downstairs till Joe had a chance to meet the young man.
Joe is a great guy, and a little formidable in appearance.   Right after the young man enters the house and Joe greets them he points at the Stairway. He says see that first stair. They say yes.   Joe says you are welcome here anytime but if you step on that stair headed up stairs it will be the last stair you ever step on! Then his daughters could come down.
They both ended up married and happy so Joe did not ruin their life but I still love his approach.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic