Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barracuda windshields

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barracuda windshields
    Posted: April-06-2019 at 4:27pm
one complete all hardware ........   other one just glass(port/aft) no hardware. will post pics later.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2019 at 11:21pm
What is the wingtip to wingtip width? I know that it can vary some by moving the angle between the halves, but I'd like to know the "normal" width. In what part of the country is it located?
"Art"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2019 at 12:01am
hello art,dan monahan in ohio,i think it is 72 inches across and 15 high ,but ill check on sunday to be sure
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2019 at 11:57am
Great, thanks. I was hoping I could make it fit a first-generation Ski Nautique (1963) but it sounds as though it will be too wide. I don't remember a Barracuda being that wide, but still would like to know the width.
"Art"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

Great, thanks. I was hoping I could make it fit a first-generation Ski Nautique (1963) but it sounds as though it will be too wide. I don't remember a Barracuda being that wide, but still would like to know the width.

Art,
The 72 sounds correct for a Cuda. The beam listed for the Cuda's is 81.5" What's up with the existing windshield on the SN?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2019 at 3:04pm
     72 wide by 20 1/2 hiigh
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2019 at 4:48pm
Pete. the problem with the '64 SN windshield is that it doesn't exist. I bought the boat years ago (without w/s) and I hope to soon restore it. I had hoped to get Taylor Made to bend one for me, but I think it would be cost-prohibitive. It's the old plastic one-piece windshield. If the BARR would fit width-wise, I would probably buy it and use it. It's a glass windshield, and the aluminum hardware is mostly available, so it wouldn't be too hard to make it look new. I have heard that some of the guys on CCFan have gotten them made by Taylor, and years ago one of their reps told me that it is possible, but I have now lost that contact.
"Art"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2019 at 6:03pm
sorry all,i do have aluminium trim for both windshields,one is just missing center section and 2 small front supports,
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2019 at 8:38pm
How much do you want for the complete windshield? Could it be shipped?
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2019 at 10:05pm
zwoobah i just sent you a pm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic