NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique Regatta 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Brit_hunsicker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2019 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Unless you have all/most of the lead aft of the rear axle, I can’t see the boat squatting a F250 Diesel.
I pull a 7,000 excavator with mine and don’t get that much squat.

All of the lead was just inside the tailgate. Also the boats sits way far forward on the trailer so there is a bunch of tongue weight.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2019 at 12:37am
You need to add air bags or helper springs. Pet peev of mine is when people knowingly load up more than their vehicle can handle and blind people !! Happens every single night .
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2019 at 1:15am
My boat would squat my F250 if I didn't have a helper spring, every truck doesn't have the same rate from the factory,
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2019 at 10:13am
Brit,
As mentioned, I'd sure look into getting the bow stop moved back so you get the proper tongue weight on the trailer. Tandem axle trailers like to be level for proper tire wear and handling.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by rosconole rosconole wrote:

My boat would squat my F250 if I didn't have a helper spring, every truck doesn't have the same rate from the factory,

Ross,
Did your 250 come without helper springs or did you remove them? Did you have the recommended 10% of the trailer weight on the tongue?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2019 at 11:06am
Majority of F series Superduty SRW came with rear 3000lb spring standard, duallies are a little different . Some single rear wheel trucks have an overload spring with a stop mounted to frame I forget which years.   I have Hellwig pro series helper spring and swaybars that definitely help on interstate and big rigs rolling by on occasion.   I had air helper spring on F150 I had previously to level load it worked ok as well. I wouldn't say as good. I don't have a weight measurement for tounge , i am usually loaded a little different every time, I can adjust height to compensate if necessary. I have loaded many trailers big and small pete. gotta hit the road back to FL from AL now. pray for no bearing fails !
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2019 at 11:10am
Wow how we can get off topic

Ross I assumed with it being the Super Duty and a diesel it’s the equivalent of mine.
Assuming he has at least 800# of lead at the tailgate plus the heavy tongue that could do it.
Yes I would move the lead to the front of the bed.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2019 at 2:44pm
How was it? Worth doing again?
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2019 at 4:51pm
I think it will only get better , Definatly a cool spot enough room to do it. big clear lake . lots of stuff to see. It give a unique opportunity to draw alot of people from other parts of the country. Would be nicer if it was more interstate to get there for me, but not bad.
Brit_hunsicker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2019 at 6:41pm
I’m glad you guys are trying to help by giving recommendations. My boat will likely never see this trailer again. I borrowed it for this trip specifically so I didn’t have to tow 1700 miles on a single axle. Also upon arrival I found my front bag full so that added to the tongue weight considerably. The truck and trailer both pulled fine and never once made me question safety. The trip was a blast and I look forward to more trips like this in the future, hopefully a bit closer than 16 hours.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2019 at 12:46pm
Hey Y’all. The SE Regatta was top notch and the facilities were great. Russell Marine is a private marina that we had full roam and use of including the ramp, slips and facilities. The staff was readily available to answer any and all questions and very friendly and helpful. Nautique provided dinner for two nights for those who signed up and bothered to show up. The swag bag, decals, flag, sea deck cozies, and shirts were great additions to this free event for US!!! The only thing that cost money was lunch, gas and alcohol. Hanging out with those athletes we admire, getting instruction and tips from them behind a 2019 Nautique was just freaking awesome. Then add the Nautique show of owners boats on the water was great to see and blew away the old NOA gatherings of the past in the Sea World Parking Lot. Some attendees even got the pros to drive and hang with them in their boat!
I had really hoped to see more owners there than were and was disappointed that there were a lot of empty boat slips and place settings at dinner. Of course the older Correct Craft owners rafted up and were the last to leave to photo session. Made some new friends including Scott "the Rocketman Ellis" and Scott Bylerly who took Kermit out for a ride. Scott is truly a laid back dude and told me that driving the 72 was the best part of the weekend for him. I managed to talk to Brit for a bit while we outran the storm that blew in and as always with CCFans you couldn't have met a nicer guy. Hung out with Danny Amir aka Dano Mano and found out that he was a Yo-Yo Man. He keeps a yo-yo in his pocket and pulled it out and put on a show for us. He loves old CC's and wants to join us for The River Ruckus. The dude rocks!

Do yourself a favor and get to a Regatta if you can. You won’t be disappointed I can . promise you. If you don’t have the latest and greatest Nautique then bring it anyway. The older Nautiques and Correct Crafts were turning heads just as much as the new ones. Kermit was really a hit in a sea of G's and I had many folks thank me for bringing it as they learned to ski behind a Mustang. I had a nice talk with the VP of Nautique Marketing and Nautique Prez Greg Meloon. They both were making the rounds in the water swimming boat to boat talking with the owners. I thought that was pretty cool and just great to see. They and the marina are planning on doing it again at the same marina next year but will move the date as being so close to July 4th it probably hurt attendance. Heather and I had a great time and we'll definitely be back next year. Would really love to see more older CC's there. The hotels aren't too far from the marina so even though you aren't close to your boat it's safe as this marina is a private marina and the security guards at the gate are armed so I they don't fart around when it
comes to securing the marina to keep undesirables out. Didn't take a lot of pics but here are some that were taken.

Chimney Rock Cliff a popular Hangout

Scott the Rocketman Ellis was my coach for a hour.

The Old Boat Crew!!

Saturday Night Dinner Party

When the President of Nautique Boats knows you!!

Dinner!!!

When the Rockstar Girls find out who brought the 64 & 72 Ski Nautiques

The conversation was just as interesting as the guy driving!

The Godfather of Wakeboarding and Wakeskating Scott Byerly

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2019 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the write up and pics Tim.
Great looking event. Maybe next year.
We are in "saving for daughters wedding mode". May not be in the budget next year either
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic