NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stringers

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2021 at 8:12am
The width of the Ski was the same as the Mustang . I hoisted the Mustang off its trailer and set it on the new trailer the bunks line up fine the length is about 15 inches too long . I moved the front stop on the trailer to get 260 lbs of tongue weight level with Mustang on. I don't know how much the Mustang weights but it should be in the 10 to 15 % range. I don't want to cut the new trailer It won't be used most of the time the original trailer will work fine for the 1/10 th mile run to the ramp . I don't trust it long distance.  And you never know what I will come across in the future . 
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2021 at 12:18pm
Looks to be a 1980 or 1981 Ski Nautique. 
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2021 at 6:47am
You got it 1980
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2021 at 8:00am
It was in the 70's and sunny yesterday so we took the Mustang out for more sea trials. Moving the ladder step up worked it now rides bow up . I am getting more comfortable with it but it still rides like a canoe with a V8 in the middle. I am thinking of adding some weight to the wife's side to even the boat out or just get a fatter wife?  So far I need to look at the bilge pump it doesn't work on automatic , the horn quit working  and the oil pressure drops from 50 cold to around 20 hot . I hope its just a sending  unit. Overall its coming around nicely and should be ready for the ruckus in April.       
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2021 at 8:39am
LH prop going to cause some serious stbd lean issues. Can try adding port weight but I’d keep it out of the nose if you’re not a fan of ATF.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2021 at 10:48am
Option C: get a girlfriend and add her to the wife’s side
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

The oil pressure drops from 50 cold to around 20 hot . I hope its just a sending  unit.     

Are these cold and hot numbers at idle speed or some other speed?

They sound reasonable at cold and hot idle for an engine that's been around for a while like from an 80's Supra
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2021 at 7:37am
Oil pressure drops mainly at idle . Around 20 psi hot goes back to 40 at speed. I am going to hook up a mechanical oil gauge and see what I really have.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2021 at 7:50am
Mike,
From a search:

"The minimum oil pressure at idle is only 5 psi (34.5 kpa). The minimum oil pressure at 2000 engine rpms is 35 psi (241 kpa). Both of these pressures are using a mechanical oil pressure gauge that can measure the low 5 psi readings."

What weight oil are you running?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2021 at 8:00am

Carnac here says that another search would tell you that Mike is a Mobil1 15w50 kind of guy Wink

And he likes FL-1A filters to go with the oil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2021 at 7:32am
Bing Bing Bing give KENO a qupi doll.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2021 at 8:41am
I think you really should rename this thread since "stringers" gives no clue as to everything that's now in the thread.

Something along the lines of  "The building of Tweety, my 68 Stang". or maybe "Tweetystang"

Just click on Edit in any of your posts in this thread and you can change the title

I'm figuring you could get plenty of other suggestions also though Wink
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2021 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Breadth of info here for a thread titled “Stringers”

Back on page 6
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2021 at 9:09am

Breadth of info here for a thread titled “Stringers”

Back on page 6

But only one of us suggested a change Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2021 at 6:21am
Good News  I had the boat running on a hose to check the oil pressure it never dropped below 25-30 . I put it in the water and ran it up to 40 mph then back to the dock and oil pressure was 10 psi at idle. I pulled the oil sender and hooked up the mechanical gauge . The real oil pressure is 25 at idle 50 at high speed. I will take the sender off one of my other boats that is known good and try it . 
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2021 at 7:31am
Mike,
By chance is there any type of thread sealant on the sender pipe threads? There should be none since the engine block is the ground source for the gauge circuit. A sealant can affect the resistance.

Also, you can get the VOM out and check what the actual sender resistance is.

Oil Pressure - 0 PSI = 240 Ohms, 1/2 scale (such as 40 PSI on an 80 PSI Full Scale Sender) = 103 Ohms, and Full scale = 33.5 Ohms

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 6:23am

Might this be a picture of Tweetie at the SJRR?

Was she tweeting along nicely?

That's my kind of sun shade she has there, I like it Wink

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 7:53am
Yes that's her . She spread her wings in Florida last week. Moorfoot banned me from putting a bimini on it . I found this on Amazon.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 11:10am
Must have banned you from rafting up with the others as well....  Open her up yet? Looks great
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 11:59am
Not a big fan of rafting espellily with a painted boat.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 12:51pm
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2022 at 6:05pm
Reading the "new to the fleet" thread  kinda made me wonder how Tweety ended up running, handling etc so I figured, why not ask.Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2022 at 6:29am
46 MPH top speed a little scary to drive at speed. Rides terrible in rough water . I use it for a parade boat the marty will be the same since it didn't come with a pylon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
  Share Topic