NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

312 Y Block Winterizing/Draining

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2017 at 5:08pm
MagTec ProTec
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2017 at 5:24pm
By Duralast
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2017 at 5:38pm
No Vertex or "Pro-tec" mag and certainly not Duralast branded. This is the only mag I've ever fooled with:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2017 at 7:12pm
You'd better check this link out Pete. I suspect you have touched more of them than your neighboring state's senator touched butts
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2017 at 7:16pm
Gary,
You are so correct. Small engines didn't even cross my mind!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2017 at 11:58pm
Trying to keep up, is Pete mailing me a Protec duralast used condensing rotor cap from China that is not original??
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2017 at 9:01am
I think that's what you're getting.

Make sure you update this when it shows up.

Pictures are needed of course
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2022 at 9:03am
1,817 days have passed, hope is starting to fade :), see what is in the mail later today.

How time flies, pulled the Classic out of the archives recently and have re-engaged on the resto.
Over the past couple thousand days, Quick update, worked on the hull quite a bit to remove all the resin some PO had added around the waterline as well as some sanding on the hull sides. Sides definitely have substantial cracking throughout but all is pretty faint so should shine back up pretty well. The top deck is in very good shape and should only need compound and polish.

Recently, changed the oil and filter, added some restore to the oil and freshened up the gas with some treatment. She starts and runs however there are some carb issues. Did get her back on the water, shifts smooth but needed to hold the choke closed to rev up at all. Going to rebuild the carb and put in some fresh spark plugs next. More to follow.

Also do not recall if I ever started a separate thread on this restore, will need to see if something is out there unless of course Ken provides a link :)

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2022 at 1:25pm
Be patient on the points delivery..............he only looks at them every 28 years or so Wink

My search buddy "Googlie" doesn't think you ever started a separate thread but it gets mentioned in a couple or a few threads and you said you were gonna start one................So start one pronto big boy.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2022 at 2:13pm
How about a picture on that new trailer?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2022 at 7:19am
Bruce, trailer is still occupied by the old hull, should be gone soon and we will get her swapped over.

Are pics still a giant PITA to add on the site, been a while since I added any?

Now have a rebuild kit in hand, see how that goes as it's been about 14,600 days since my last carb rebuild. Carb is a Ford 4100 F4.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2022 at 8:55pm
As you can see he's had to get a different ride to blend in- so far so good. The rest is just icing on the cake. Notice how this setup protects the rear of the boat against tree damage, quite ingenious. 

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2022 at 9:47am
I'd get a 3rd axle under there as soon as possible to carry that load.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2022 at 8:42am
Carb rebuild went well, starts and runs, hoping to water test today, see how it goes.

One question on the 4100 Ford Carb, re-used the existing jets, primary's only had one marked, it was a 50, my assumption was the other was a 50 as well. On the secondary's, one was a 62 and the other was a 63. Believe they should be the same, is that enough of a concern to replace one or the other so they match?

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2022 at 12:14pm
Since it's been about 40 years since you last rebuilt a carburetor, I'd just run it with the jets you have and see how it does  Wink

I don't think I'd worry at all about the different size secondary jets since they're as close as they are

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic