Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blower Hose question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blower Hose question
    Posted: August-03-2017 at 12:51pm
I was just browsing through pictures of the For Sale section and saw a picture that brought up a question.   I have a 97 sport with the GT 40 proboss.   My blower motor has a hose that goes from it out the back vent or whatever you want to call it but no hose on the front of the blower. I saw in a picture online a hose on the front of the blower hose too. I assume it just goes down to the bottom of the bilge somewhere,   Can anyone tell me if it should go more to the back of the boat or where it should be? It makes sense to me that maybe there should be a hose there picking up fumes from as far down in the boat as it can be. I never noticed it in any engine pictures before. Its interesting that almost all of the motor pictures I find are taken from the port side, rather than the starboard side.
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 1:03pm
The bilge blower should be drawing air close to the bilge since fuel vapors lay low. Sounds like you have a short section of hose missing?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 1:15pm
Yes that's what it appears. Never realized it until I saw the picture of someone else's motor. Looks like a cheap fix to buy a little hose.   Looks like it just lays on the bottom of the bilge?
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
randy simmons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy simmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 12:49pm
What is the vent hose that runs behind gas tank on a 1980 ski nautique, Looks like dryer vent hose.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by randy simmons randy simmons wrote:

What is the vent hose that runs behind gas tank on a 1980 ski nautique, Looks like dryer vent hose.

It's dryer vent hose!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
randy simmons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy simmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 5:21pm
Thanks. Got some coming.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic