Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alignment Tips?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alignment Tips?
    Posted: May-27-2004 at 1:33pm
I just dropped my engine into my '79 SN, now it's time to align it with the shaft. I've heard this is a pretty tedious job. Any tips or suggestions on how to do it?

Additionally when I pulled the back panel out of the boat to gain access to the fuel tank I noticed the locknut on what I think is the rudder packing was way loose. It was about 4 or 5 threads down from the bigger nut that I think loads the packing. Now that this is loose how should it be adjusted before I retighten the locknut?

Thanks!
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 2:24pm
Tryan posted this March 4th Alignment
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 2:27pm
As far as the rudder. You need to put the boat in the water and then tighten the rudder nut until you get 3-5 drips/Min. Do you leave the boat in thew water? If so set it at 10 drops /min and then it will swell some over the first 24 hours. This is how I set mine Someothers also just tighten it down iuntil it stops dripping. How old is the packing? Now might be a great time to change it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic