Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1975 SN graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1975 SN graphics
    Posted: November-29-2016 at 3:20pm
I am restoring a 1975 SN and I want to restore the original graphics. I have seen old post of people who had created viynl decals for the sides and transom. Does anyone have contact information for these producers, if they are still available?
Thanks!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2016 at 4:57pm
Todd,
I believe what you have read about are masks for paint and not decals. Do you have any of the original graphics on the boat that can be traced? A vinyl sign shop can cut the masks for you from a tracing.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2016 at 6:25pm
Thanks so much for your reply.
I bought one of the two 50th anniversary boats and it has different graphics, so I have nothing to trace.
There was a guy named Al Thomas that produced decal sets for all the older boats. I can't find his contact info, and I am not sure he is still doing it.
Thanks!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2016 at 6:37pm
Todd,
There are no graphics still on the hull? Even faint? How about some pictures. Considering you want to restore the boat, I highly suggest pursuing paint rather than vinyl.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2016 at 6:57pm
50th anniversary boats? Only 2 made?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 9:13am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

50th anniversary boats? Only 2 made?

One of these?

Todd,
If your boat is one of these, there is a tread discussing them and the "story" about only two being made. I'll see if I can find the thread. The thread is interesting and if I remember correctly our member Art who worked for CC building them back then comments that the boats in question never came from the factory with those graphics.

Pictures please!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 9:46am
That's my new boat. I am the third owner. The story from the first owner is that it came from the factory as is. I don't know. I would love to get the real scoop.
Do you know of anyone that has graphics available?
Thanks!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 10:07am
While Pete's looking, you can read this link

Stars and Stripes SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 10:43am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

While Pete's looking, you can read this link

Stars and Stripes SN

Ken,
Thanks, I did find it but late to post the link due to all the pages I was reading through!!

Todd,
It seems that the contention is the custom graphics were done at West Coast CC and not the factory. At least it isn't another Cypress Gardens boat!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 12:42pm
Wow!
Thanks so much! That is a lot of info. I appreciate it. I want to restore the graphics to the "original".
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 1:07pm
I think there is a healthy amount of skepticism as to the (factory) originality of that boat... Or the existence of any limited edition 50th anniversary boats. If Art can't corroborate that story, I'm not sure who can.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 4:28pm
Todd,
If you want the boat to look like the "stars and stripes" SN pictured above, you're pretty much on your own. There is no vinyl graphic set to purchase, and if you have nothing to trace, the only thing you could do is to ratio the stencil down of what is available for masking and do a custom paint job. Huge job...

If it was original to begin with, the graphic was painted. Are their no signs of paint at all on the boat? Pics??
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 8:24pm
Thanks for the reply.
I don't want it to look like it does now, but I want to restore it to the original factory graphic.
If you have any ideas, let me know.
Thanks!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Pictures please!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 8:45pm
Pete, scroll up or re-read the other thread? That's his boat!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Pete, scroll up or re-read the other thread? That's his boat!

Tim,
Scroll up or re-read. That's my post with the picture!!    I guess I wasn't clear enough and you misunderstood my request for pictures. The picture I posted is NOT the current condition of the boat. It would be nice to see the current condition of the graphics even though they aren't original.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 9:13pm
Pete, perhaps my reading comprehension is too literal but this seems pretty clear to me?
Originally posted by pontique pontique wrote:

That's my new boat. I am the third owner.

Check the diaries. The "anniversary boat" has been for sale for some time and was recently marked as sold. He mentioned the graphic style being the issue, not the condition.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 8:35am
Todd,
The reason I asked for a picture is to get a look at what you currently have on the hull. If the stripes on the hull sides are still visable, they can be masked by hand for paint. It's the "Ski Nautique" graphic that will be a challenge since even if the lettering is still there, we know it's not the correct size and style like the original. As mentioned, post some close up pictures so we can get an idea of what's still there. There's a chance that one of our members would trace his "Ski Nautique" lettering and send it to you. Then, a paint mask can be cut from the tracing by a vinyl sign shop.

I'm happy to hear you want to take the boat back to the original!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 10:18am
OK. Thanks!
The picture that is posted in this thread is a current picture of the boat. I can get some more pics, but it will be latter.
I believe the stripes are correct, and only the letters are wrong.
That would be unbelievable if someone was willing to trace the correct lettering! The paint mask is also a great idea.   
Please let me know how I can help, and to pay for expenses.
Thanks again!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 11:06am
I'm confused Todd,
What are you saying "IS" the correct graphic for the hull sides on your boat? The PO of your boat went through an arduous discussion on the fact that the "stars and stripes" graphic was original, including those flames on the transom deck.... What do you think its supposed to look like?
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 12:07pm
It sounds like he wants to make it original as all other 75's, how the factory would have done it if it was not a custom/1 or 2 off boat.

Which would be like this of course unless it was a Disney Boat with smaller lettering

pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 12:48pm
I am wanting it to look like the brochure picture.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 8:09pm
Todd,
Be patient with a member willing to trace their hull graphics but another idea came to mind. Maybe there's a member close to you that will allow you to go for a visit and trace their graphics? Hopefully someone will speak up. If ether works out, and you take the tracing to a sign shop, it would be great if you could get a copy of the digital file they create and get it to Keith. It sure would be a fantastic addition in the misc. reference section.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 8:19pm
One more FYI! It looks like the hull side graphics on the SN's were the same shape from 74 to 79.. I mention this since it will broaden the available boats to look for.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2016 at 10:22pm
I would include 73 and maybe some 72's as well. Stripes are a little different but lettering is basically the same.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2016 at 6:12am
Todd,
I went into the sites diary section, entered 1974 to 1979, and Ski Nautique. and 46 pages of member boats came up. I only went through 25 of the pages but found 9 boats in Texas that may be close to you. The diary listings are organized from the last date updated so the deeper you go in the pages there's a greater chance that the listings aren't current. Still, you could try to PM some of the owners to see if they still have the SN with the graphics you could trace.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2016 at 8:41am
If you have trouble getting a stencil this may help...what the old sign guys did before digital.
Get an old slide projector or you may know some ones you can borrow ... look for a good picture of what you won’t taken square on of the lettering/graphics you need, have a slide made up and project onto the boat, then all you need to know the overall sizes they should be to focus the right size or adjust to fit a gap in the graphics . Then mask up the image and paint.
Best done at dusk on.

Good luck with your boat.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2016 at 11:52am
Below is a link to a great thread on doing the Graphics. Like Pete mentioned, it would really be great if you provided the electronic files of the artwork for others to use in the future.

Jeff Toro's 77' Resto Graphics:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14167&KW=air+brush&PN=1&title=77-graphics-resto-update

I would also check with N3Boatworks as they may have masks available for the letters.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2016 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

I would also check with N3Boatworks as they may have masks available for the letters.

N3 boatworks

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2016 at 12:26pm
Not N3, they have Indy Marine and Autobody do that work for them. DrCc had his rainbow 78 re-graphic'd there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic