NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need some insight from my boat buddies

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:15am
Pete, I believe a "hero" is a regional name for a submarine sandwich or sub. a gyro ("yee - ro"} is a Greek item. Flat bread, folded around lamb with lettuce and tomato and some kind of creamy sauce. A favorite of mine....when done right.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:42am
Not to be a PITA but the flatbread on a Gyro is Pita Bread. I love a good Gyro too. There's a spot right in town where Quinner (and I) live that slices the Olympia Gyro Company Lamb meat "wheel of meat" after cooking in in the usual standard rotisserie and then to really make it great, they flash broil it in a hot oven to make the edges nice and crispy.

For more details on our favorite sandwich:
http://www.olympiagyros.com

Amazingly good considering like hot dogs, one simply does not want to know what goes into it.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 10:52am
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Not to be a PITA but the flatbread on a Gyro is Pita Bread. I love a good Gyro too. There's a spot right in town where Quinner (and I) live that slices the Olympia Gyro Company Lamb meat "wheel of meat" after cooking in in the usual standard rotisserie and then to really make it great, they flash broil it in a hot oven to make the edges nice and crispy.

For more details on our favorite sandwich:
http://www.olympiagyros.com

Amazingly good considering like hot dogs, one simply does not want to know what goes into it.

I'd rather just grab a hot dog. Simpler. Less to go wrong.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 12:42pm
The better question is how is it pronounced. I say Ji-row, with a long I like in kite because I know how to read. But I think you get extra D-bag points if you pronounce it Yee-row.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:09pm
Dble Dbag points for Ji-row, lmao, that's as bad as guy-row
"year dough" is how the Greek's say it here in Chi Town Land,
Gyro:
Fresh Pita, Tomato and Onion slices, crumpled Feta Cheese and cucumber sauce. Meat is a lamb + beef heavily seasoned. Really good stuff!!
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:21pm
Where does the term Tally Hoe come from?
This is the life
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 10:59pm
I could be wrong, but I think back in the Medieval days they would holler "Tally-ho-'ol chaps" as they were taking-off in their Yeerocopters.

But anyway, I've got it !
Collect 10,000 Tally's Sub tickets and Receive A Free Boat Ride.
Keep it....from sinkin'
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

between quinner & Donald....you never know what you're gonna get.

Yeah John, I figured that much...

And the main kind of sandwiches Chantal sells are the submarine kind.
So, it will be just the logo whitout any slogan.

Thanks for the help, funny comments guys. And whatever you said Quinner and Donald

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Where does the term Tally Hoe come from?

"Tally ho" actually comes from 17th century France ('taïaut') where it was shouted to round up the dogs to hunt deer.

In WWII, British pilots used it to radio that they spotted enemy aircrafts. It was also the motto of the famous WWII BRAF 609 squadron.

Nowadays it is also used in England during fox hunting.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 7:47pm
POIDH lets see these sandwiches already
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 11:07pm
Hollywood needs a knuckle sandwich
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic