NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fat Sacs....

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fat Sacs....
    Posted: July-21-2016 at 3:24pm
Looking for fat sack. Most interested in something like below. Let me know what you have.
Thanks,
Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 3:26pm
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 5:05pm
^^ Yep Close^^
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 5:11pm
Anybody pulled the tanks out of the rear of an 01 AN and replaced with Fat Sacs? I'm about to do that, and just curious what you guys have seen, or how you did it. Also had a guy talking about putting an aftermarket manually operated (locked up or down) Wedge. Any experience with that?
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 5:30pm
What could go wrong?

aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 5:34pm
75Tique that's exactly what I told the guy. That boat isn't designed to handle that drag/resistance/weight at that point in the hull. The Malibu's that come with it are. And that picture looks like a Malibu deck, and still the hole. I'm just all around, always against drilling holes below the water line, to mount anything.
thank you for the picture. Maybe he'll listen to that.
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 5:40pm
I remember hearing about that happening more than once with the early wedge boats, there wasn't nearly enough reinforcement in the transom. Usually the result of hitting something, not from the force of the wedge itself. Judging by the angle of the rudder in that pic, that was definitely an impact of some sort.
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 2:00pm
Auptaking,

My 00 Pro Air I removed the Stock Tanks and Put 2x 600lb sacs in place and it's mucho better.

-When they are empty I have lots more storage space.
- My Bags are quick disconnect so I pull them out at the end of the weekend and let them dry completely hanging from the tower in the barn.
- I re-used the stock thru-hull and buttons on the keypad. I went back with aerator pumps but in a little different configuration than stock. I have one fill pump and two empty pumps. The empty pumps run out the stock thru-hulls for bag/tank venting.

All of the above works well for us. The wake gets big enough to be scary for 90% of the people that ride on my boat and can be surfed if you are so inclined.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic