NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Group Buy: BI Pro X Series Rag top

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Group Buy: BI Pro X Series Rag top
    Posted: May-22-2016 at 2:37pm
I know there is some interest in a number of folks who would like to buy a BI Pro X Series Rag top. Here is what I am willing to do. Lets get a count of the folks who are serious about buying one. By serious, I mean it is probably going to run about $800 a piece (potentially even more) to get a one time production run done. If we can get close to 10 people, I will reach out to Mike Sieppel at Barefoot International and see if I can get him to do just that, a last time, one time production run. I would probably ask that if we decide to go forward, we either put a 50% deposit down or perhaps even completely pre-pay. Again, I am just guessing on the price.

No Guarantees - but we can try

Ok, lets get the count going!

rgrimes007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgrimes007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 4:00pm
I'm in at anything under $1,000. Thank you for putting the group together. Richard Grimes 205-229-5534
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 4:19pm
You know I'm in Steve! If we were to have trouble getting to 10 may I suggest we go on other sites say like Planetnautique to get others?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgrimes007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2016 at 10:58pm
How can we help?   
Keeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2016 at 9:32pm
I'm in as well. 93 SN 196. New member, having no luck locating anywhere
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2016 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by rgrimes007 rgrimes007 wrote:

How can we help?   

If someone could hit up all the other ski boat sites and have them check-in here on if they are willing to commit, then it will drive the numbers up.

PlanetNautique
Master Craft owners
Malibu owners

That is probably where you will get the most interest.

As soon as I get 10 people to say yes on this site. I will reach out to Mike.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2016 at 10:27pm
I'm a member on PlanetNautique Steve, I will post over there
Updated and done.
edit-Thanks to Bruce H the word is out on the Malibu Crew site too.
edit- listed on Mastercraft Team Talk
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2016 at 3:30am
For $800 I'm in....

Let me know what I need to do.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Timr71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timr71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 5:00pm
This thread is not picking up as much steam as I had hoped.

I definitely want one of these if we can make this order work. I'm good at $800.

Thanks for the effort either way.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 5:27pm
I emailed Chuck who bought my Paragon to bring this thread to his attention, thinking this would be a perfect solution for him.
chuckburnside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckburnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 6:56pm
Just received the note from Chris and definitely interested. Went to the web site to check it out but, found limited information. Can it be used while underway or only at rest?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 7:10pm
Definitely can be used while underway. I think this video shows it being used on the water AND being towed on the trailer at highway speeds.

BI Pro X Series Ragtop Video

Everybody, please remember - this Bimini is designed to install it and leave it up. It is a bit cumbersome to take down and store (not saying it can't be done, but that it is cumbersome - not at all difficult, just not like a "standard" bimini). This is why Seippel took them off the market - too many people bought them thinking they would go up and down like a regular bimini.
LeftFieldEngineering View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 8:32pm
I'd love to see one of these in person.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by LeftFieldEngineering LeftFieldEngineering wrote:

I'd love to see one of these in person.

Do you ever travel to Chicago, Milwaukee or Minneapolis?

I have one and could meet up with you.

Or if you ever get to Orlando, give Lane Bower a call, he has one on his rig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckburnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 12:24am
I would like to see it too. I live in McHenry, IL.. It appears from the video that it is anchored by the tower? I do not have a tower, it would have to be self-supporting. The boat has a wooden deck so, no holes anywhere. Is this still an option?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 1:40am
You are correct Chuck,totally self supporting with no holes or straps. As the picture in the first post shows,the black clamp at the bottom goes on to the pylon. Steve stopped by me down here in Algonquin last year with his. I thought at the time I could figure out how to copy it and make one but there is some clever engineering going on there,it's very well made. I know it would be perfect for my 95 and should work very well for you too.
Here is a boat with no tower with one in place-
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckburnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 10:41am
Please count me in. Thanks for the heads up Chris.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 11:18am
Thanks Gary.

With Paragon Chuck that makes 6, If Andy is in that is 7.

Gary, any luck over on Planet Nautique?

I have a busy week traveling for work next week, but the following week, we'll see where we end up with the numbers and I will reach out to Mike.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 11:34am
Only 36 views Steve,no responses. I'll try moving it,it's in the group buy section.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Off Trail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Off Trail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 12:10pm
Count me in for one as well at $800. I sold our '97 SNOB last year and bought my parents '99 Malibu Response, but still a CC Fan!

I would be looking for tan (1st choice) or black (2nd choice).

I will post this over on the malibucrew forum as well, if that's okay.

Eric

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 12:50pm
Eric - YES, YES, YES

Please post on Malibucrew. just make it clear, there are no guarantees, all we can do is try.

Also, I know everyone would like the price to be $800, but he may ask for more - it is expensive to start up a line for a limited production. I am hoping he used mostly COTS hardware. If their is tooling involved, we are probably dead in the water.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgrimes007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 1:26pm
Just curious. COTS hardware????
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 1:39pm
Commercial off the shelf
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgrimes007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 1:41pm
Got it.   
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 12:24am
Originally posted by chuckburnside chuckburnside wrote:

I would like to see it too. I live in McHenry, IL.. It appears from the video that it is anchored by the tower? I do not have a tower, it would have to be self-supporting. The boat has a wooden deck so, no holes anywhere. Is this still an option?

The top is held by two stainless rods that attach to a bracket/clamp on the pylon - no other support needed. It is an amazingly secure system. I frequently use mine at barefooting speeds and it is quite solid.
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 12:02pm
Can you store a tube on top of it?
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 12:28pm
Yes! There is a slit in the top for where your fly hi goes thru. You just ring toss the tube over it . Kids get to climb up to get it down
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 2:21pm
Yes this is the "pro" edition
NGP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NGP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2016 at 3:37pm
Steve any updates on the number of tops ? Have you reached 10 yet?
Thanks

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2016 at 3:44pm
Currently at 7 - If Andy is in, that would be 8. NGP Nicholas - if you are in that would be 9.

Did we hear anything more from the MalibuCrew site or PlanetNautique?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic