Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just got a dui distributor.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
camron18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camron18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2016 at 3:32pm
okay that is what ill do then.

Thanks alot!!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2016 at 3:37pm
The wire that comes out of the harness is usually red for the choke but if you cut the harness tape it's just spliced into the ignition feed wire in the harness before the ballast resistor. No biggie. Sometimes a bad choke pulling too much voltage can cause the feed to go down so just check the voltage to the ignition and choke when you get it running.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2016 at 3:51pm
Wait! ............don't mess with the harness.

The new DUI uses switched ignition - you can share that wire source.

Also, you should still have your ProTec circuit breaker which is a switched ignition 12v+. That is near the carb and a freely accessible attachment point (no crazy splicing). Terminal 26 on the diagram below.............

camron18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camron18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2016 at 4:07pm
It looks like on the diagram it is terminal 41, will either work?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2016 at 5:14pm
Yes.... but:
26 is the breaker protected side (out)....
41 is from the engine harness unprotected side (in).
Use the breaker if you got it........... (plus, there physically should be more room on the 26 terminal, if it was like mine)
Put a volt meter on it when the ignition is "ON" to verify. (ground out on nearby relay ground)
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2016 at 5:36pm
I would not recommend protected side of that 2.5A breaker. That breaker was likely there to protect the (now defunct) Protec computer and/or small gauge wiring that fed it. The wiring in the harness can handle more current, and I would not intentionally limit what is supplied to the DUI. Connect to the unprotected side.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2016 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by camron18 camron18 wrote:

1994 hydrodyne.

I couldn't find a harness schematic. The PCM Pro Boss GT-40 manual in the reference section has a lot of info in it that may or may not apply to your engine. I would look through it and see if you can identify some of the components/sensors. It looks like there may be a MAP sensor in your picture. Based on what you figure out you could clean up the harness.

How did you wire your tach?

As far as the choke goes I would wire it as TRbenj mentioned. Before the 12V gets to the key it comes from the 50Amp breaker point 22 on the engine then up to the dash and through the ignition breaker then to the key and back to points 28/41 and 31 so it is protected by two separate breakers.
camron18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camron18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 1:46pm
So i got the dui all hooked up and timed, runs great
Got all the unnecessary computer and wire harnesses out.
Runs great. but after i shut it down it looks like fuel is dripping from the boosters and causing it to flood? When its cold it fires right up. if i start it right away after running it it starts fine. but if i leave it sit for 20 min it floods and is really hard to start.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2016 at 10:03pm
Might be time for a carb re-build. You should not have fuel dripping out anywhere.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic