NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leo Bentz, Ski Nautique and Boat #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 14151617>
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2021 at 4:11pm

Kenosaby says............. he can upload from his site files just fine, like this recent picture you'd probably remember, but when I try to upload a new picture from the computer........no luck today  Wink he's also  uploaded numerous pictures from the computer during the week or so since the last problem that we're both remembering after Keith's change was made.....till today rolled around

Then again Marty, thanks, you gave the best explanation of anyone on how to post links when the site came back.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2021 at 4:22pm

Here's a picture of me and my sidekick that uploaded after I changed the height and width from the original values, which I've never had to do before. 

I think I just got lucky though. Wink

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2021 at 5:36pm
I can read the bird dog's thoughts: "I wanna go pee, but don't wanna walk through the white stuff.  Maybe I can hold it,"
"Art"
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2021 at 11:09am
Still will not let me post photos. Is it possible the file size is too large? It uploads to ccfan, I click to add to the post then when I hit post it says "error inserting picture" and then fails and brings me back to the "reply post" screen with the image removed.

Should I just pay for photo bucket or something else?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2021 at 11:50am
Steer clear of photobucket.  Awful site.  Was awful before it held everyone's photos hostage and, despite realizing what an incredible problem that was, is still awful.  Send me a couple photos (tlhineline@yahoo.com) and I will see if I have any better luck posting.  I have not had any trouble with photos.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2021 at 4:23pm
Sorry guys, I've been a terrible thread host. #1 is now running on its own fuel and hose hookup. Transmission seems to change gears fine and the controls are decent. Has nice oil pressure! I now have 120psi in all cylinders except #3 which is 100 and takes a while to get that high. Motor shakes and I'm not sure why yet, when I get it on the water I can fiddle with tuning.

Only major problem is the generator stopped... generating. I'll mess with it this week.

The weekend of 10th is offical test date
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2021 at 9:15am
Jim,
What OS and type of device are you loading pictures from. I teested upladinnng a 11MB picture and it fails as being too large. Upload states nor larger than 10MB. 
Occasionaly I do have a problem getting the picture into the post on the first try. But ussually goes in the second time. I am using Widows 10 PC and edge as a browser. 
Good luck. 

84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2021 at 6:16pm
The photo I just tried to upload was only 65kb
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2021 at 8:10am
Was just able to upload a picture, but it did not get placed in the post the first time. Had to go back and select it in box on the left and click OK again and it posted in the message. I dont know why that happens sometimes. 
Did you get teh upload error message again????

84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2021 at 9:07am
I got a photo of a sensor which I think is a knock sensor on a PCM. Then in another post I got the same photo.
"Art"
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2021 at 4:33pm
what ever happend to progress on 61 nautique project at miami nautiques?
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

I got a photo of a sensor which I think is a knock sensor on a PCM. Then in another post I got the same photo.

This is kind of interesting.  I haven't even been on this site for at least a couple of months, much less post the above which allegedly came from me.  I have never posted a photo on here, because I don't know how.  Do we think someone is pirating my name and/or screen name?  Some of you techies help me out, please. .

"Art"
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 8:46am
Art   You should contact Keith about someone potentially using your name
Very bizarre
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 8:50am
Hi art. If you tap on your screen name
Says you joined April 21. Your name is Arden?
See if your profile is changed
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 9:09am
Thanks for the tip.  Yes, my legal name is Arden but I go by "Art."  I have been a member of CCF since the 1990s.  When the site was hacked some time back I couldn't get in for a period of time.  Maybe when that happened I re-joined accidentally.  I know so little about operating a computer that I constantly make mistakes.  I think I might have originally joined as Arden {"Art") Cozier.
"Art"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 9:29am
Art, is it possible you didnt post pics but were just referring to the fact that you saw the pics of the sensor?  It is from a couple months ago.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2021 at 11:09pm
Mystery solved
FrankBee3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2021 at 12:04pm
I just want to say that I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Yes, I have read all 16 pages!

What a great forum! I can say that this is a very nice community and has brought back a lot of fond memories for me.

I was in high school in the early 1980's. Around the late 1970's, my dad bought a 1965 Tollycraft 17 foot inboard. It was a wooden boat that was really nice when dad bought it. It came with an Interceptor engine in it with a Velvet drive 1:1.

The #1 Ski Nautique by Glass Craft looks very similar to the Tollycraft that we had except for being a fiberglass boat.

I look forward to meeting you at a reunion sometime soon. What a neat group of folks!

I regret that I have no photos of our old boat that I have found yet..

1984 Ski Nautique, project bigger than anticipated
Staring down a stringer and floor replacement
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2021 at 1:16pm
Here are some old Tollycraft pictures in the link below Wink

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Art, is it possible you didnt post pics but were just referring to the fact that you saw the pics of the sensor?  It is from a couple months ago.

Please remind me of what we were discussing.  I think my "brain filter" is plugged up!
Art
"Art"
FrankBee3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2021 at 1:59pm
Thank you for the link to the photos KENO!
FrankBee3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2021 at 2:01pm
I never knew the Tollycraft was called a Sportabout. That is the same boat that I grew up with!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2022 at 5:29pm
Hey Jim!  Do you have any updated pictures of #1??

Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2022 at 11:46am
Hey all,

I work on boats full time, and working through all of Covid was a little demoralizing, so I took a little break working on #1. Planning to restart the project by the end of next month.

By taking a break from boats though, I bought and "restored" a 1969 442. Added load leveling suspension and a rear hitch to pull around #1.

I hope to have some sort of significant update by the end of September.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2022 at 11:43am
Looking forward to an update!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2022 at 11:54am
I don't think you can just mention "restored a 442" and not post a few pictures of it. Smile
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2022 at 12:45pm
OK so a 442 story: A number of years ago while living in Webster New York I rented Lou Gramm's house in between a relocation. Lou is a big fan of the 442 and build the house I was living in to hold three of the four 442’s which he had. Super big triple oversize garage, tire racks all over the place, massive gas heater, pretty interesting.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2023 at 12:13pm
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been such a terrible thread-manager. A lot of life changes and other projects but... it is ready to be water tested. I'm actually updating this from work right now at Miami Nautique. I'm pushing to get the upholstery back in for a photo shoot, probably ready next week for a promo video. Stay tuned...
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2023 at 12:51pm
This is an epic event. It would be great to see a post here and maybe a video somewhere to watch it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2023 at 9:09am
Wow pretty exciting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 14151617>
  Share Topic