NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2016 St. Johns River Ruckus

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 St. Johns River Ruckus
    Posted: October-18-2015 at 12:26pm
Well CCFans as this year is winding down and us Northern Hemisphere owners are starting the task of putting our CC's to sleep for the winter, I've had several of you ask me about when St. Johns was gonna be. So here is the official thread of the River Ruckus.

Looking ahead at the calendar for next year it's looking like the best weekend for this is going to be March 18-20. DaylIght savings starts the weekend before and Easter weekend is the week after so it's looking like this is going to be the weekend to do it unless we wanna get into April but that is pretty close to the White Lake Mini.

The Sunnyland Boat show is the same weekend so those that wish to go to that can do so. Last year we had several boats head to the show via the Ocklahawa River. It was quite the journey as it included trailering the boats to a state park, launching, navigating thru the river which included one lock and two lakes but the end result was going thru the Dora Canal then pulling right up to the boat show. It was a lot of fun so a repeat of that can be done or CCFans can just do whatever they want.

In keeping with SJRR tradition...."The Plan is......There is No Plan". We are going back to simple roots of how this mini started and having only a "Bring What Y'all Brought" cookout on Sat night. Nothing fancy just keeping it simple as it has been expressed to me by many of regular attendees that everyone just wants to hang out with one another ON THE WATER!.

I would guess that Parramores will continue to be ground central as it has everything we need to hold an event like this. To you newcomers Parramores has cabin rentals, RV slots, tent camping, and a restaurant that serves a mean breakfast. Look at past SJRR's for recaps of what goes on down there. Miles and Miles of smooth water for the taking,(minus a few gators here and there) Manatees if you're lucky, birdlife, springs, but best of all LOUD BOATS!

Pipe up and let your thoughts about dates etc known here. This is an event for EVERYONE so bring what ya got but leave the tube at home as this is NOT a tube friendly event. Gators have been known to attack defenseless tubes so best keep them at home. We want as many people to attend as possible and to get away from old man winter for our extreme Northern friends so if this weekend doesn't work for you then speak now or forever hold your peace.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 1:55pm
Sounds good, we will be part of the no plan River Rukus.
Bobby
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 10:08pm
I look forward to this get together. Date is fine by me.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 11:26pm
putting it on the calender...

sure will be good to see you Bobby..been a while. Hows the back doing?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2015 at 1:16am
Were in -
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2015 at 7:34am
Should be good for (some) of the Smith family. Twins off to College and Emily is going to Europe with school. Boys and the Croc Doc good to go. You in this year Jbear!?! Nice to see Bobby too!
Js
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 6:45pm
Farmer family is definitely in! Dates look good for us. Will need a cabin this year since we sold the RV and bought a trailer. Haven't figured out yet how to tow a trailer and boat legally at the same time!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 7:16pm
Well it's on our calendar but we won't know for sure until we get closer if we can actually pull off an entire week. This may be just the opportunity to get my 88 year old dad his boat ride in the Hurricane so we're really going to try to get down there.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

This may be just the opportunity to get my 88 year old dad his boat ride in the Hurricane
now THAT will be an awesome moment. Alan, I promise to stay as far away from the hurricane from now until then as humanly possible. 12,000 miles is the best I can do.

Gonna do my best to make this trip. maybe I'll see if Lewy wants to tag along. the day after st pats is rough, if I'm gonna be in the country that day I may have to be in Cleveland. lot of time between now and then to decide.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 9:55pm
Tim: shame on you, or maybe it was just a typo.
Allow me to correct: "Bulldogs have been known to attack defenseless tubers"

PS: perhaps Kermie needs to take her maiden Oconee voyage this Saturday. ....?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 9:56pm
Sounds good for me also. Took a couple of years off and is ready to be back at it.
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 10:18pm
Sounds like a good time maybe be there!!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 8:27am
I think that after the Badin Lake Mini we are in - need to find a spot that will take the dogs but feel as though this is doable.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 10:55am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

This may be just the opportunity to get my 88 year old dad his boat ride in the Hurricane
now THAT will be an awesome moment. Alan, I promise to stay as far away from the hurricane from now until then as humanly possible. 12,000 miles is the best I can do.

Ha Don't worry about it Adam just get Lewy and yourself down here. I owe Mark a ride anyway.

As for Mom and Dad, last time we were down with the Hurricane they had just moved to Sarasota but we just couldn't get them to the River, the boat wasn't finished anyway so it really didn't matter. .   This time around they will be staying with my sister in Orlando as they are searching for a permanent residence in the Mt Dora area. I would imagine there won't be many more opportunities to get them out on the boat so I need to make this happen.   Dad has been around boats his entire life but hasn't stepped foot on one since they moved down south a few years ago, Not much makes him happier than being around the water.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 11:57am
I am going to try to make this one. I have missed the last two and I need to get back into Gator wrestling form.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 12:35pm

[QUOTE=IAughtNaut] [QUOTE=81nautique] Dad has been around boats his entire life but hasn't stepped foot on one since they moved down south a few years ago, Not much makes him happier than being around the water.

Yep Magic, you definitely need to make that happen.. He'd love it !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2015 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I am going to try to make this one. I have missed the last two and I need to get back into Gator wrestling form.

I visualize you in a camouflaged wrestlers suit, inflatable "floaties" on your biceps and goggles!!??
I need therapy.
Hope to see you there.
Js
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2015 at 5:09pm
Hey all! Long time no see! Stacey and I were just talking about SJRR today and we may make a surprise visit in our new boat just to come and say hello and catch up with everyone. It's not a CC but it is a CC....... center console!   

Jillian seems to like it just as much...
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2015 at 7:24pm
By all means Bret....bring it.... We could use it for Gator Patrol and even some Gator Hunting if they are in season......." Shoot em' Stacey......Shoot em'!"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2015 at 7:52pm
Would be nice to see you Bret. Stacey is getting Big!! Twins off to College! Kelly near you at UF!
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2015 at 9:07pm
Well going with what Morfoot suggested above for a date I went ahead and made my reservation at Paramores. Sue and I are booked for coming in on Thursday and out on Sunday.
In speaking with Lori at Paramores (386) 749-2721 she is willing to consider a 10% discount if we can commit to sites they will look to offer a 10% discount if you mention the CCFAN event
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2015 at 3:02pm
Back to the basics. A proven formula.
hasbeenskier
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Would be nice to see you Bret. Stacey is getting Big!! Twins off to College! Kelly near you at UF!

How ya been Jerry! I won't tell Stacey you said that..... But Jillian is! LOL.   That's awesome that Kelly is in Gator Country! Does she babysit?
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2015 at 8:02pm
Looks likes Mama Deen will try to book a cabin for Thur, Fri., and Sat nights. Hope to see the locals (Smiths, Farmers, Godfather, etc. Looking for a good time even if the rumor of an Aussie visitor don't make.   
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2015 at 1:25pm
ME would like to join the gang again.....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 2:30pm
I'm sensing a spectacular event in the making. Can't wait!

And I've got another plan in the works to take up a full week, (hopefully the week prior) in case any other adventurous souls want to do something similar to what several of us did last year which was a quick trip down to Key West and some boating there. But I'm thinking CC's and the river this time.................... .

Greg, did you discuss with Lori about your dogs staying there as well. I know Gary's had his dog at the cottage right next to the office for the last two years. And she sheds worse than a Golden! And you'll regret it if you leave on Sunday
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

And I've got another plan in the works to take up a full week, (hopefully the week prior) in case any other adventurous souls want to do something similar to what several of us did last year which was a quick trip down to Key West and some boating there. But I'm thinking CC's and the river this time.................... .

[/IMG]

Reid we plan to be there the week prior, Sunday through Sunday.   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Greg, did you discuss with Lori about your dogs staying there as well. I know Gary's had his dog at the cottage right next to the office for the last two years. And she sheds worse than a Golden! And you'll regret it if you leave on Sunday

I did speak with Lori about the animals - she said not a concern and was happy to collect the pet fee . Right now our plan is to be in Florida for the week visiting Sue's folks in New Smyrna Beach prior to heading over to Paramores - perhaps things may be adjusted a bit when you disclose your plan.....
I know how Monday's go......usually the best days but work will be calling and I need to be at White Lake the following month. Sick day perhaps?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2015 at 10:51am
Just seeing this. Sounds like a good plan in the making. I hope we can get it on the calendar as well!!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2015 at 10:56am
Okay Boat Buds just a quick update on the Ruckus. I called Parramores yesterday to make sure that we had the Rec Room reserved for Sat nights cookout and to get a empty count.

As of 11-21-2015 Parramores has 10 cabins available for the weekend of March 18-20. Lori said that when you call to reserve your cabin to let them know you are a member of Correct Craft Fan and you'll get a 10% discount off the rental. For those of you bringing the RV down do the same thing and I imagine she'll give the same on a RV slip. I was told that boat slips are on a first come first serve basis but there are always issues with it once you get there.
Working on a few extras as we speak including a newly designed Correct Craft Fan River Ruckus T-shirt. As we get closer to this CCFan kickoff event we'll start the list of whose coming, bringing what, blah, blah, blah.

Kapla......come on back brother. We'd love to have you fly up. You've got plenty of notice to make it happen.

As Reid previously mentioned and is always the case with every CCFan Mini throughout the year. Better plan on staying til Monday if you can swing it.

March won't get here soon enough as a few of you I talked to the last couple days, have already seen the white stuff on the ground and I ain't talking about cotton.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
  Share Topic