NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ct mini

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2015 at 11:43am
The weather looks great for tomorrow! 87 with mostly sunny skies.

A few things to note;
Mooring on the sandbar - People usually use 2 lengths of 1" PVC pipes pushed into the sand. One off of the stern, one off of the bow and moor bow out. Make sure you bring something to keep your boat in place.

If you get there before I do, there are a couple places to be wary of;
- Going right, upriver towards the sandbar, it's shallow at the bend to the right(facing the water) of the ramp.
- Under the I-84 bridge, pass between the center of the bridge supports, at the outer supports it's shallow.
- The sandbar is marked with buoys, even still approach with caution. It's sandy so little damage will occur unless you come in hot.
- If you don't know the lake, the center is the safest spot.

Food;
Like I have said before, the sandbar is shallow enough to set up a grill. If you didn't want to bring food, there is a pizza place that will deliver to the ramp.

I'll have my phone with me (Two O Three)Nine One O - Three One One One
Call if you need anything.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
64mustang16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 3:09pm
I'll be the one with the antique mustang buckskin beige.
Thanks, Pat
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 1:34pm
Excellent! I'll be the one with a ski nautique.

I have a boom and I'm sure there will be others. Planning on getting there pretty early, dropping stuff off on the sandbar and skiing and maybe footing before the masses decide to muck up the lake.

1978 Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 1:22pm
Hey Mark, my plans are in stone looking forward to meeting up with you guys hopefully some one has a boom that is willing to give me a ride as it's been 7 years since I have footed. See you Saturday.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 3:57pm
well i have a bachelor party or ct mini mini, haha. trust me i'de rather be on the boat for the day, the party plans are not concrete so i'm still keeping it on the burner.
if not i'm going to shoot for october badin lake
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 1:21pm
Once again I must RSVP unable to attend! INT Slalom Wakeboard tournament in Plymouth on Sat. Aug 22, and Flaunt It swivel ski tournament in Schenectady. NY. Not sure which I am attending as one kid is skiing one and the other kid skiing the other.   I know it'll be a great time. CCF reunions always are, no matter what size! It's all about the kids, which is why I own a Nautique!
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 12:11pm
That's too bad Tony, this was shaping up to be a good one.

Now if the weather forecasters would make up their minds...
1978 Nautique

bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 10:14am
Bummer I wanted a ride!
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:23am
Doesn't look like its going to happen for me this weekend. The BFN will be sitting on the trailer ready to go if plans change but its not looking like it will happen for me at this point.
-Tony
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 6:06pm
Excellent!
1978 Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 6:02pm
Still trying to coordinate travel plans with our crew, but would like to hit the water early and either hit the course or do some footing. Shooting for 8am? Still working out the logistics... Will txt you when I get it nailed down!
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 6:01pm
Dbl post.
1978 Nautique

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 5:56pm
Tim, here's the address;

300 Scout Road
Southbury

What time are you going to be there?
1978 Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 5:52pm
Can someone confirm I have the correct address for the ramp? Saw your directions Mark, but I'm not coming 84 (I don't think). Just want to make sure I plug in the right one.

210 Scout Road, Southbury
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 7:24pm
The ramp questions have been answered.

Tim, the course is upriver going right out of the ramp same direction as the sandbar Its about 1 mile up on the left

I was planning on being on the water at 9:00 but if you're coming earlier I will too.
1978 Nautique

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 6:08pm
It is a state ramp so no fees. There is a dock but depending on how busy it is it may be difficult to tie up You may need to be more patient than you would like to be.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 6:04pm
Hey Andy Thanks for the contact info. The ramp is pretty nice. There are lots of parking spots and an overflow lot. Weekends are usually pretty busy

1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
LeftFieldEngineering View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:58pm
I hope to be there around 7 and will have an empty boat.

If you really want to call or text you can find my # here: Left Field Engineering Contact Info.

I've never been down there; what's the boat ramp situation like? How many spots, pay to park, place to tie up etc?
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:46pm

sorry no arrow on the first photo
1989 Correct Craft 2001

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:42pm

Hey Tim the course is at the north end alittle past the Glen road bridge.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:32pm
Art, I'd start collecting cell phone numbers! No ones gonna be monitoring this thread at the sand bar.

We're planning on coming for the day on Sat. Not sure how many boats/people will make the trip with us- somewhere between 1-4 boats and 2-10 people I imagine.

Mark, how early will you be out there? Which end of the lake is the course on?
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:26pm
1989 Correct Craft 2001

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:01pm
I plan on being there until dark. I'm sure someone can pick you up. It's also not that far a swim.   
1978 Nautique

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 4:54pm
Boy, you guys are really making me hate work    As I said I have to work on Saturday but I should be able to get out around 12 or 1, depending on traffic, I'm coming from NY, I should be able to be at Zoar around 2:30 or maybe earlier, will anyone still be there by then? Since I am coming from work I will most likely not have a boat will someone be willing to pick me up at the ramp? Please?! I know, I sound pathetic but I would really like to meet up with you guys!   
1989 Correct Craft 2001

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 11:39am
Excellent!
1978 Nautique

bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 10:51am
Cool, I've been watching your progress and can't wait to see!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 10:17am
Of Course
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 9:33am
Originally posted by LeftFieldEngineering LeftFieldEngineering wrote:

It's not that far of a drive, I'll be there.
excellent! Are you bringing the tique?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 8:50am
It's not that far of a drive, I'll be there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 11:08pm
I got one of the three sites at Kettletown but had to take 2 nights and waste one working on Saturday night see you Saturday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic