Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

throttle lever adjustment?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: throttle lever adjustment?
    Posted: March-30-2015 at 4:44pm
I put a new to me control on my 88 SN 2001 and wanted to know how to adjust the throttle so that it doesn't rev up before it goes into gear.
P.S. The control came off same make and model of boat.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 5:11pm
It's complicated. There are parts that get gummed up or wear out that you need to look at to make it work like it did when it was original. There are multiple adjustment points.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 5:15pm
That would be a cable adjustment... It can sometimes be accommodated by adjusting the engine side, but since you just monkeyed with the control, there's probably a good chance the issue is on that side. Either a cable adjustment or possibly the pivot is installed in the wrong hole?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 5:17pm
No it's not.....don't listen to Zach!

Look at the throttle pages in the reference section. In the MV-2 pages, there is an adjustment section. I made those adjustments and I have the baby soft hands of the upper class. If I can do it, any moron can do it........

Now, if the throttle is in many pieces..... that's a different story. The basic idea is set the transmission engagement first, then the throttle control. Easy Peasy...........
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 5:20pm
Kevin - Throttle adjustment should be a "Sticky"/ FAQ .... don't ya think?
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 5:40pm
Air206, Thanks! Just read the manual. Looks simple enough will make the adjustments when I get home from work.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 5:16pm
This issue is already in the FAQ. It is fairly early in the list of links. To save everybody the trouble, the link goes here:

Shift cable adjustment instructions
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 5:56pm
Thanks, Kevin - I knew you'd come through!   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic