NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 stops after letting go of button

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 8:20pm
Yes if 12V is not present on the activation terminal 85 the relay will not engage and the engine will not start. In a standard ignition key this happens with ignition in the on position before you turn to crank the engine on the starter.

I have a set of 4 jumpers with a male and female on ends about 4"-6" long.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 8:26pm
Dont let go of the button.

All fixed.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
rrichr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrichr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2014 at 10:28am
Bait killer, yes Jesus is "The barefooter" but even with Perfect pass I need that hand to drive😉

Lewy2001, built my jumper cables last night, cleaned my flame arrester, got my multi tester all ready to go to the lake.
rrichr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrichr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 8:41pm
So education is a good thing and I have learned a lot about my boat.... All it was was the breaker in the breaker panel in the kick plate. I put the ignition boot on and cleaned up the wiring a bit near the relays. Went for 2 boat rides:)
jhersey29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhersey29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 8:47pm
Awesome!!!! Glad you found it. Did you put a new breaker in?   Mine is currently at the machine shop and I am slowly working my way through rust removal on parts using Electrolysis. Fun stuff. Hope I remember how it goes back together in a few months.
rrichr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrichr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 8:52pm
It was not even that difficult. The breakers are integrated and it just needed to be reset.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 1:31pm
So, it was a breaker in this unit, right? I just want to get my facts straight, I'll post this fix to the GT-40 thread:

rrichr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrichr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 10:25pm
That's correct. My boats actual circuits are different but this module, yes.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2014 at 12:41am
Ok, cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic