Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 - Water Pump Bolt Size

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40 - Water Pump Bolt Size
    Posted: November-04-2014 at 1:25pm
Hello all,

I managed to drop one of the two bolts that hold the (sherwood)water pump on while winterising this weekend. Anyone know the length, thread type and size? We're all metric and weird over here so will need to order it online.

Thanks in advance!

Darren.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2014 at 1:34pm
I know it's a 7/16" head and coarse thread, so I would imagine it's a 1/4"-20 bolt. I'd guess an inch long... Probably worth waiting for someone else to confirm or measure one of your other ones.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2014 at 4:54pm
Darren,
Tap both out to the next larger metric size. I can't believe you can't walk into a store and buy inch sizes! We can go to any hardware store here and buy metric. How about Whitworth? The only difference is the thread angle is 55 instead of 60.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2014 at 5:53pm
Thanks gents (as always).

Yeah, we're all about metric in the stores over here but other thread types can be ordered from wholesalers on ebay.

Seems that UNC (course thread) or Whitworth thread would be the way to go? I think I'll go for 1" x 1/4" and see if they fit. I can't go and measure as the boat is 60 miles away. Probably should have measured it before I left!!

If anyone can confirm the size feel free to chime in.

Darren.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic