NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

-Wanted-Usedwim platform for 76 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sberard5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sberard5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -Wanted-Usedwim platform for 76 Ski Nautique
    Posted: October-04-2014 at 9:11pm
Hey folks, new here and restoring a 76 Ski Nautique. Got a punch list of the things I am missing. Hopefully you can help me out or send me in the right direction.

Here's what I am looking for;

Swim platform
Stern light socket
Both 3" vent covers on stern
Stern light socket
protective rail that goes over stern vent covers w/sockets
bracket that bows sit in to hold up the cover
bow cleats and bow light.

Please email if you can help.
sberard@myottmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2014 at 10:51pm
I think phatsat67 has the stern vent covers, theyre from a Southwind but I think they're the same. The rope rail can be bent from alum/ss tubing at your local west marine along with the sockets. The sockets aren't exact but can only tell if you're on top of the Correct Craft game. I actually just found bow cleats at my local Napa that looked identical for like $7 and a very close to identical bow light is available everywhere too. Good luck on stern light socket, I've been trying to track one down myself. Swim platform somebody on here should have, but '76 never came with one originally.
kim9979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim9979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2014 at 7:12pm
I have two vent covers for sale
sberard5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sberard5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2014 at 8:29pm
How much? Please email me at sberard@myottmail.com
sberard5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sberard5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2014 at 9:21pm
Orlando76,

Hey this is Steve. I wanted to thank you for your response to my post. I now realize I forgot to respond so I am sorry. I will look into your tips and see what I can do. You mentioned that a 76 nautique did not come with a swim platform? That surprises me. What do you have for a boat?

Thanks again,

Steve
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2014 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by sberard5 sberard5 wrote:

a 76 nautique did not come with a swim platform? That surprises me. What do you have for a boat?

Steve,
This is correct. CC had stern ladders before the swim platforms. Take a look in the reference section.
How about posting some pictures of the project?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sberard5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sberard5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2014 at 11:05pm
I am working on uploading some pictures of the boat. Computer crashed and died, haven't had time to load on new pc. Anyway, the boat came with the swim platform brackets installed on the boat but with no platform. Was going to build a new one but the prices of teak (from what I've seen online) are ridiculously high. I did see you could have one made on the Correct Craft Fan site for about 380 plus 60 shipping. Anyone have any ideas or leads to a used one? Thanks

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2014 at 11:07pm
PM sent.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2014 at 12:01am

the boat came with the swim platform brackets installed on the boat but with no platform. Was going to build a new one but the prices of teak (from what I've seen online) are ridiculously high. I did see you could have one made on the Correct Craft Fan site for about 380 plus 60 shipping. Anyone have any ideas or leads to a used one? Thanks

Steve,
Ipe or Jatoba are being used as teak substitutes. Take a look at them. The platform sold in the CCfan store is Jatoba. I've worked with the wood and it's very pleasant to work as long as you stick with carbide tooling or at least bimetal on blades such as band saws.

BTW, remember you were told that in 76 platforms were not available. Why did it surprise you that in 76 they weren't available?

Orlando76, What do you have for a boat?

Steve,
Clicking on an avitar will bring up that members diary entry. Click on Todd's and you will find he has a 76 SN. Yup, NO platform but he does have the factory correct aft stern ladder.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2014 at 1:42pm
I have a platform off a 79 SN, Pretty nice condition too.
PM me if interested.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic