NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

South-West Florida ski clubs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South-West Florida ski clubs
    Posted: September-22-2013 at 3:26pm
Hey folks, we may relo to SW Florida next year and would be looking for a ski club with a boat. I'd likely not take my Sport Nautique with me.

I have seen from the air a private lake wiht a course out near RSW with a few houses, but don't have any intel on it.

Thanks for any info....
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 12:16pm
There is a Dave Kellermeier (spelling??) who heads up a club in that area. USA Water Ski can give you contact information on any affiliated club in that area.
Art
"Art"
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 1:16pm
That lake is the FGCU lake where their wakeboard team practices. (Dunk City!)
There is also a small lake / housing development off 41 closer to Bonita that has a course.
Look up the Gulf Coast Skimmers as the premier local ski team. I think they have a new lake way up off Immokalee road. They are Naples based, I dont know where you are settling.

You can always call me for a pull as well. I have three young children and we dont pull tubes if yo get my drift. The 12y/o is learning inverts and barefoting. I have a '79 with tower and boom that we ride in salt.
BTW. you will be sorry for not bringing the sport. There is allot of good water around here once you get to know it.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 4:04pm
Hey John, thanks so much for the offer, I'll give you a shout on our next layover there and maybe we can meet and go for a ski.

The outfit I'm with has business in Cape Coral. Possible relo would be next year. Been looking at areas to live. I'd prefer Old Fort Myers on the water in FMY schools, but stuff on the river off MacGregor is a bit pricey. Older Cape Coral on a good canal would be an option, but any local knowledge you have on that stuff would be appreciated. We can chat more off line. My email is markjsemon@gmail.com

Loof forward to hearing from you.

ps. Art, spoke with Dave. Sounds like a good guy. Invited me out to his lake east of RSW somewhere....
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

That lake is the FGCU lake where their wakeboard team practices. (Dunk City!)

I'll be in that area in about two weeks! I'll be delivering FGCU there new A22 with surfgate.
1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 1:47am
They are getting an Axis? Cool. i ride with two of the members just about every weekend down in blind pass. Poor kids are getting drug by their dads flats boat. They were pretty happy to see me roll in one day on the Nautique. Those guys owe me a pull or two... :)
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2013 at 6:04pm
yep

Now what's wrong with the Mastercraft that they have now?
1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2013 at 6:45pm
I dunno. I heard its pretty beat up. Maybe the athletics dept. is spreading around some cash left over from all the new found fame and status.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2013 at 6:50pm
Why in Gods name would they get a gel colored boat? That thing will be light blue in 9 weeks and gray in a year. This aint Cleveland and the sun eats colored gel like you wouldn't believe. Even on really well cared for boats it wont look good in 18 months. White only or paint in these parts.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2014 at 12:30am
Well folks, this relo is looking to be a reality. Been house-hunting heavy duty. Been concentrating in Cape Coral, just north and south of Everest Parkway, on the river. Super nice neighborhoods, houses, etc., and essentially right on the river...the quality of schools, or lack thereof, is driving the location, so really, at this point, just concentrating on the early-years schools....and this area or old Fort Myers on the river are the likely locations...

In any event, the Sport will NOT be sitting on the lift behind this house. I'll get a Grady White, or something like that which is more appropriate. I'll likely keep the sport and maybe just trailer it or find a club that might be interested in sharing it, and that I could keep at a ski lake. I'm really not into trailering, don't even have a tow vehicle :-), having always had my boat in a lift within a beers-throw of the back yard, but I understand the compromises of the relo ;-) Looking forward to some year-round skiing and meeting some new water-sport friends that would like to hang out.

Open to suggestions. Looking forward to the relo....

Talk soon,

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic