Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM motor size

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DESSER.dk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DESSER.dk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM motor size
    Posted: November-27-2003 at 9:21am
Hello, are there anybody who can tell me the "codes" for identification of
a PCM motor in a correct craft boat 1994-1996. I have found it for new
motors.

the motor ID I want to know about (especially how many horsepowers)

correct craft 1994 motor ID= PLD PR R12PT
correct craft 1996 motor ID= PLP PR R12PP
I think that "Horsepower" is the third digit

D=240 HP
P=285 HP

???????
best regards
jens chr nielsen
copenhagen
denmark
chrni@ofir.dk

jens c
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2003 at 1:55pm
d is a 351/255hp in my book, but i do not have a p listed or have that many digits listed. (old book)
DESSER.dk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DESSER.dk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2003 at 8:44am
Originally posted by tryan tryan wrote:

d is a 351/255hp in my book, but i do not have a p listed or have that many digits listed. (old book)

could you scan this page ????

Desser.dk

chrni@ofir.dk
jens c
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2003 at 4:25pm
i'll post it on monday. you are getting into the gt-40 efi era. i believe 93 was the first year for the gt-40 option. vince and richard at skidim.com are the smartest guys around when it comes to pcm. you might want to sent them an email to see if they just shipped carbed models overseas?
DESSER.dk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DESSER.dk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2003 at 5:24am
Originally posted by tryan tryan wrote:

i'll post it on monday. you are getting into the gt-40 efi era. i believe 93 was the first year for the gt-40 option. vince and richard at skidim.com are the smartest guys around when it comes to pcm. you might want to sent them an email to see if they just shipped carbed models overseas?

I have seen their homepage and downloaded their catalog (I could spend many money there, but (very lucky ???) it is in usa, about 5000 km from where I live, and the problem is that I have to pay nearly 30% tax on things that I bue outside Europe.....)

I will send a mail to these two persons.
jens c
SS-201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS-201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2003 at 8:10am
Call or write Woody or Art at SECC, they will have your HP answers. Also the HP rating are inflated as the Gov or ASSn or whomever allows, I hear as much as 20-30 %. These engines use low duration cams and low CFM carbs, so you do the math. Regardless of injection or carb their are other factors to make HP.
Torque is the greater factor up to 5250 RPM where the two cross, at that time only then HP becomes a greater factor. So in fact you turn below 5252 Hp is not the important item.
SS 201
DESSER.dk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DESSER.dk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2003 at 11:34am
Originally posted by SS-201 SS-201 wrote:

Call or write Woody or Art at SECC, they will have your HP answers. Also the HP rating are inflated as the Gov or ASSn or whomever allows, I hear as much as 20-30 %. These engines use low duration cams and low CFM carbs, so you do the math. Regardless of injection or carb their are other factors to make HP.
Torque is the greater factor up to 5250 RPM where the two cross, at that time only then HP becomes a greater factor. So in fact you turn below 5252 Hp is not the important item.

What is SECC ??? I live very far away from USA
regards desser.dk (do you have a mail/www adress ??
jens c
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2003 at 4:32pm
south east correct craft =secc.

you should be able to find marinized ford parts in europe to save on the import duty. do search for pleasure craft marine instead of pcm. mercruiser also pulled from the ford parts bin in the 70's

unless you are pulling numerous skiers 240 hp is plenty. a bad driver can still rip your arms out of their sockets with 240 hp.

i had to tell my boat insurance company i had less than 250 hp just to get a policy.
SS-201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS-201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2003 at 10:39am
Southeast Correct Craft E- Mail is
www.southeastcorrectcraft.com/
Direct it to Woody or Art Cozier
As noted before youre main objective for power is to build torque up to 5252 RPM. The selection of a cam will point you in the right direction. The HP # you hear are not actual #, just PR' as the law allows, only a dyno would answer your particular questions. Note, Ford factory engines timing chain and sprocket hane 8 deg retarded built in from the factory. If you replace with any after market timing chain and sprocket you will pick up more low end torque (power).This allows the valve train to be advanced.
Late model year,IE.Ford changed, heads GT-40, carb, injection, manifold risers, injector sizes,ignition to obtain these #. These older Marine engines were basicly industrial engines used for torque.
However the newer engines have changed cam profiles, fuel, Carb, fuel injection, Cubic displacement, electronic electronics, manifolds, etc to get higher performance.
Bottom line, most are high performance automotive engines, marinized.
SS 201
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic