NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2013 Buckethead Barefoot Race

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 Buckethead Barefoot Race
    Posted: June-08-2013 at 12:55am
This is just a teaser for the race. It will be held on August 24th.

Buckethead Promo
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:40pm
So, who might be attending? We just registered two teams; Team Burning Soles, and Team Off Constantly. I think there will be at least 8 Barefoot Nautiques, and a few more Correct Crafts. It's a great event. This year they are working on putting together a fun race on Sunday. It looks like it will be a 10 mile race for newbees, and anyone else who wants to race in a less serious event. I think booms will be allowed. Let me know if you may want to foot, and you don't have a team. We may have an opening or two. Brian, the organizer is really good at finding teams for individual footers.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 1:33pm
After the race, and before the apre's foot at the sand bar, we have a little fun behind the boats.

Bridge flyer
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 10:38pm
So, do you think there is a team out there that can beat off constantly?

I hear they are pretty stiff competition.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 8:57am
I'm pretty certain that Burning Soles will beat Off Constantly. I'm figuring most teams will. I think there's an all girls team that has a chance to.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2013 at 2:35am
Steve 40 mph is in this year we hijacked Top Guns boat seeing how they will not be there. Besides they haven't used the new boat he has. Brian said we should change our name to 60 mph. Took it for a test put 28 miles in with just 4 of the 6 footers. I ready for a good time. See you Friday. Pat
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2013 at 1:16pm
Gearing up for Saturday. My problem is I may not be able to foot in the race. The leg is still not right after pulling a hammy and twisting up the bad knee doing a two ski bomb-out (that's a Grave Jump for Jbear). They are expecting (7) Barefoot Nautiques, (8) if I bring the '85. They have a photographer who may set up a photo shoot with the BFN's for promo. There is a Fun Race on Sunday for anyone who wants a intro to racing.
Who's going?
I know N3 will be bringing the Wolfpack boat.

Buckethead website

Buckethead Facebook
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 10:01am
Hello. Is this microphone on? Buehler.....Buehler.

Rolling out of the house at 4:45. Plan on hitting the campsite at 7:00. Hitting Rick's bar at 8:00. Hitting the water at 7:00am tomorrow. Hitting the throttle at 7:30am. Hitting the finish line around 8:48am. Crushing the first morning beer at 8:49am.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 10:33am
Haha get it done Steve!! I want to foot bad but I wasn't dialed in enough at the beginning of the season for anyone to want me on their team.

I have to drive up alone if I come and I can't justify the expense when I am not racing and not bringing my boat. Next year I hope to get on a team or put another team together.

Bfn List as follows.
Your 90
Vince's 90
Mark's 91
Teddy's 89
Morgan's 89

I know the 86 reverse gel that had been for sale for ever found its way up to the Maumee and will be there. (don't know if it is racing?)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 11:02am
Zach

We actually might have a spot on one of our teams. If you want to foot, let me know. I saw that Tim Cochrane was also looking for a footer. How well do you foot? Trust me, there are plenty of 1/2 milers that race. For most of us, it's more for the fun, than crossing the line first.

The reverse gel will be there, and I think it will be racing. You can add to the list my buddy Shawn's (HDfooter) '91 that will be pulling the Off Constantly team
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 12:18pm
I would probably be good for 4-5 miles? I only need to foot at like 38 mph so that saves my feet.

Our river run is like 1.2 miles and I have done that 6 times back to back turning around.

I am pretty money on the deep water starts now. I think I have only botched one out of the last 30 maybe?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 12:42pm
If you want to foot, you're welcome to join us.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 1:34pm
Hmmm, Send me an email Steve. I am going to lunch then I will be back.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 3:07pm
Just sent you an email through CCFan. Let me know when you get it.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 4:29pm
Didn't get it, Just count me out for this year I guess. I don't have anyone to ride with. Plus my buddy will be super pissed at me if I run it without him haha.

But like I said, Buyers are traveling at you tonight haha.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 4:45pm
Sorry, I didn't see the email address at the bottom of your post.    I resent the email just so you have my direct email. We are not bringing the boat, but I can describe it and we can go from there.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2013 at 3:28pm
The Buckethead went well. Sorry I have no photos, but I know there will be some posted soon. Steve (sorry, I forgot your handle on CCFan) took a few. We took 7th out of 14 teams (1 hour, 17 minutes). Not bad considering we only had 4 footers after I couldn't foot. I tried, but made it about 1/2 mile before my knee said no way. Our other team, Off Constantly, took 9th. We are very proud of them. That is the first time in three tries that they finished. They actually were ahead of us at the turn boat (half way, 19 miles). We passed them heading the back, and beat Off Constantly by about 10 minutes. The new BFN ran great. With 4 in the boat, and one on the handle, we ran 43 and could have run almost 50.
There were 6 BFN's. After the Sunday/Funday race yesterday, we did a photo shoot with 5 of them. As soon as I see those posted, I will post here.
N3 Boatworks stepped up huge as a sponsor. Mark should be posting some photos that he took.

Zach
You need to make plans to be there next year.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2013 at 5:29pm
I know! I heard it was a blast. I guess I have another year to become a stud. Maybe get some GT-40 heads and cam and such on my boat to make it a worthy contender.

If not we will just go off brand and do the Malibu LX my buddy has because it's fast. Although the trough of my boat burns up my feet a lot less.

Glad your boat ran good! Vince and the boys tore it up in the 90! Teddy's yellow boat ran well and Mark said he had a little misfire on the hole shot it didn't have testing here in the river. Might need to do some float level adjustment.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2013 at 11:56pm
Lots of really cool pics on Facebook! I don't know the guy so I didn't rob the pictures.

Makes a guy want to get serious about footing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 1:52pm
I don't know if this link will work, but this is a cool video of just after the start of the race. It is on Facebook, so I don't know if you need to be a member.

Just down the river from the start
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 2:12pm
This is a photo of us getting ready. Kind of cool with the sun rising and the fog.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 4:02pm
Sorry I'm late to the party. Here's some highlights from the pictures I took Saturday morning. I'll try and sort through some more when I get time.

Steve that boat is soooooo sweeeeet!

BTW Had a great time footin in the Sunday-Funday race. I'll be there next year for sure. Hopefully with the BFN.

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 4:14pm
That blue bfn looks familiar, how's she doing?
Brian
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 5:06pm
Steve (aka, Steve "the pirate" by my sons)

Thanks for posting the pics. Keep them coming. Those are great shots from that bridge.
Nice to see you there. I could tell your Sunday/Funday team had a good time. Next year you have to bring your BFN and race on Saturday. The first boat is team Burning Soles, pulled by my new BFN, me driving. The second pic is team Off Constantly, pulled by Brian (Hotboat's) '91. She ran great Brian. Third is team Shattered Glass, pulled by my buddy Mark's Wakesetter. Fourth is the Wolfpack, pulled by N3 Boatworks '91 with the Plastidip brown coating. And the last photo is a team from the river, pulled by the reverse gel '86 BFN from Louisville, that was talked about on this site a while back.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 5:08pm
Sorry, I missed one.
The second to last pic is of Tim Cochrane's team, pulled by his sweet Ski Nautique. Not sure of the year.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Steve (aka, Steve "the pirate" by my sons)

I Like It!

Steve, PM me and I'll be sure you get the hi-res photos for prints.

More Pics to come...
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2013 at 9:33pm
Thanks Steve, you'll have your picture in the morning. Sorry they are at work.

I'd submit that one for the calendar if I were you.    

Or maybe we should have a BFN calendar!       
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2013 at 11:30am
Awesome Pics and video. Wish we were there. Looks like a lot of fun! Maybe next year we can attend:)
Thanks.......Tom
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2013 at 1:37pm
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
abehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2013 at 3:47am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Sorry, I missed one.
The second to last pic is of Tim Cochrane's team, pulled by his sweet Ski Nautique. Not sure of the year.

I'm the footer in the pic of Cochrane's group. The boat is a '93 with some motor work done. That thing moves! It belongs to his buddy Mike Jenkins of Chippewa Lake.

Here's a GoPro video of the start.

Buckethead 2013 Start

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic