Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

85 SN 2001 Interior Standard or Deluxe?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dunnitagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunnitagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 85 SN 2001 Interior Standard or Deluxe?
    Posted: June-05-2013 at 11:27pm
Hey Y'all , just bought a 85 SN 2001 , planning on a restore. The interior has been done before, and is a cobbled up mess . How do I tell
which interior it came with ? Was gonna use Nautique Skins, Well CC tell me from my Hull ID? What the boat shipped with? Thanks
   Dwayne
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2013 at 11:47pm
Congrats on your purchase! The deluxe interior has a corner piece next to the observers seat and on both sides of the rear seat. Post some pics and we can offer better help. The build sheet from CC should also tell you if it had deluxe or standard interior.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 12:18pm
Like he said, post some pictures of what youre working with. The condition of the boat, in particular the dash and gunnel surfaces (facing the interior) will tell us what type of interior was installed previously.
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 5:56pm
Here is a visual of my deluxe interior.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 6:10pm
Which is an 86 so just a little different.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 6:16pm
Deluxe (disregard the speakers in the motorbox, definitely not original)

Not Deluxe

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

And is damn close to the pic YOU posted below the completely useless trolling post you made after mine.

Seriously WTF is your deal? You follow me around, just waiting to make some smart ass post?

Knock it off, it got very old the first time you did it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by P71_CrownVic P71_CrownVic wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

And is damn close to the pic YOU posted below the completely useless trolling post you made after mine.

Seriously WTF is your deal? You follow me around, just waiting to make some smart ass post?

Knock it off, it got very old the first time you did it.

Yikes, thin skin?

'85 interior was unique in several ways worth mentioning. It was the only year CC offered the triple stripe pattern. It was also the only year they made the later 2001 delux frames out of wood (rather than rotomolded plastic).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunnitagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 9:29pm
   Thanks for the help guys , mine is a standard interior ( Frown )
and ROUGH !!!! Ill post some pics tomorrow. Shes gonna need a complete Makeover. Dash, Gauges,Upholstery, Controls. Doesnt have a SN trailer though. Only paid 750.00!
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 9:32pm
You can build the frames for the deluxe interior yourself, I believe someone on here has already tackeled it.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunnitagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 10:00pm
I could easily build the frames, does anyone have patterns? My buddy has a 87 SN 2001 454, But it has plastic bases,or I could copy his.
I'll need some Ideas on the dash and gauges.
Thanks for the replies.
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by dunnitagain dunnitagain wrote:

Thanks for the help guys , mine is a standard interior ( Frown )
and ROUGH !!!! Ill post some pics tomorrow. Shes gonna need a complete Makeover. Dash, Gauges,Upholstery, Controls. Doesnt have a SN trailer though. Only paid 750.00!

If you only paid $750 and it is usable, I'd say it was a great deal regardless of the condition of the interior. Looking forward to pics of what $750 will get you in NC.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 10:35pm
Standard interior is cheaper and easier to install doing it yourself. Christines(Nautique Skins)is a good way to go.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 11:22pm
Hey Dunitagain-

I'm on my 2nd '85 restore and my interiors were both standard.I would lean towards nautique skins,since they have the original patterns,and not rocket science to install.
Stringers and wet foam under the floor should be your main concern,and there are some great posts to evaluate this.
There's a wealth of knowledge on this site,all looking to help out fellow CC owners-Good Luck
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 4:19am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Yikes, thin skin?

Not really, he's been following me around making snide comments and I'm tired of it. It serves no purpose, has no place on the board, and doesn't set a very good example. I was trying to help the OP and he made a snide comment then proceeded to post a picture very similar to mine.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 10:04am
If the above post- which is direct and factual- constitutes harassment, then we're all in trouble.

Based on the amount of work the boat needs, I would agree that having the standard interior is a bonus! That'll save you a lot of money on the skins and foam alone ($1k+) and will save you on the install costs as well. The seat cushions are basic enough to tackle on your own if youre adventerous, which is not the case with the delux pieces. I'd still take the motorbox to a pro, as that seems to be a particularly tricky piece to get looking good... but thats just me.

Unless you have a healthy budget already set aside for everything the boat may potentially need (~$4k) then I would hold off on the interior until you get it functional and reliable. If you end up finding powertrain or driveline issues as you start to bring the boat back to life, those can get a little pricey.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 10:09am
Keep your eye on the Parts for Sell section. Once in a while someone will part out a boat.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 12:13pm
More pics of 85 interiors.

Deluxe

Standard

As already pointed out, redoing a standard interior will be far cheaper and still ski the same! I think TimSpangler has a bucket driver seat available, that sure would be nice.

PP71, I'm not following you around. Don't flatter yourself.
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I wasn’t sure before but I’m sure now that you don’t know WTF you’re talking about.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 8:24pm

If the above post- which is direct and factual- constitutes harassment, then we're all in trouble.

I agree. It's too bad Chris isn't around anymore. He'd say it straight plus even more direct and factual!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 2:22am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I agree. It's too bad Chris isn't around anymore. He'd say it straight plus even more direct and factual!!

Just love it when we can still sneak in a 79nautique reference once in a while........"gone but not forgotten"

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 11:57pm
WOW I've been quoted by Hollywood, don't I feel special!!
You know the old saying...
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 1:14am

It's a pattern of behavior. Did you see the responses he had in this thread?

Click

And I NEVER said it was harassment.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 2:27pm
I don't understand what snide remarks Hollywood gave in that thread.
You asked...
"But I do have a question. What size wrenches do I need for the packing gland?"

Hollywood replied...
"Caliper, micrometer, ruler, tape measure. All wonderful, wonderful instruments. Put the pipe wrenches away..."

You replied (missing his whole point)...
"None of that would have helped me loosen the nut, tighten the gland and then secure the nut."

He simply told you how to find the answer to your question. How to find the size of the packing nut and gland nut, you can use any of the tools he listed to find the proper size wrench.
If I wanted to figure out the size the nut I would probably use a set of calipers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic