Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique 176

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GoneJon076 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneJon076 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Nautique 176
    Posted: May-29-2013 at 1:45pm
Guys,

I have a 1996 SN176 that I've owned for a while and was wondering if anyone could tell me how desireable these little guys are in today's market? I do not get to take it out as much as I would like anymore and when I do it is only to pull the kiddos around on a tube but most of the time it just sits in the back of the garage. I have another boat I use primarily and was flirting with the idea of letting someone else enjoy the 176 but I haven't the slightest idea as to what they are bringing these days. The boat is immacualte with about 250hrs. Everything works as it should. I did replaced the factory stainless rudder with one from a SN196 (11A, I beleive??). It has the 5.8L HO motor rated at 290HP (carbed GT40). I also have an Acme prop still in the box that I have yet to install. Any idea as to what they are worth and the following they bring? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 5:17pm
Nice boat.

Have you checked NADA value?

You might also look for ads run in the last few months.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 2:53pm
There definitely is a market. The 176s are cool boats and fill a niche you can't fill with anything else. Nice to see you did the rudder upgrade.
No idea what you'd ask for on price, though.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 10:21pm
Bet that thing runs pretty strong with that 5.8 HO motor in it!
Have never driven one.
Don't know about the price, but that boat looks great. There are those who want them and seek them out.
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2013 at 9:40am
This one is in similar condition to yours.

However, it's been for sale a long time so that price might be a bit high. I bought mine in non-running condition and put a lot of work into it since then. I'm not sure what mine is worth now but I'm curious to see what yours sells for.

There definitely seems to be a market for them. Mine has attracted a lot of attention. I had it on the Milwaukee river last week and the Coast Guard pulled me over to "inspect" my boat and asked me if it was for sale.

Let me know how your sale goes.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 7:56pm
Nice Ski Nautique 176, I wish I still had the one I bought new back in 1996. I was looking to buy another 176 this spring in the Ohio area. I look at a nice 1996 with about the same amount of time and condition, and a 1997 with 198 hours in the same shape. They both were asking $13,500. I did offer $12,500 for the 1997 and he turned me down. But really both boats were a little over priced. I would say ask around $11,000. you should get some action on it.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 1:57am
Love our 176. Its Ron's old one.

Saw one for sale here in Hinkley, OH. I wonder if it ever got sold.

Tim

upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 9:08am
Tim,

The gentleman in Hinkley must have sold his, I haven't seen it for sale. Ron has a 1997 with less than 200 hours, $13,500.00. My 1996 had a full factory interior red and black.

Derek
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 1:24pm
Other than being much easier to hide and/or stash in a garage, are there any other distinct advantages the 176 has over the SN?

My experience with the small boats is limited to my American Skier 18 (Opa Locka, not Orlando) and I must say Ron got the wake right on that boat....
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 3:51pm
from reading here, its an excelent boat! also with ballast is seems to have a real excelent wake for wakeboarding.

some folks that worked at cc at that time,said the ss rudder was put there to make it perform little worst that its bigger brother...
so with the rudder upgrade it seems it will handle and track much better...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 11:12pm
Nice boat realistic price should be from 9K-10500.Good luck
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Other than being much easier to hide and/or stash in a garage, are there any other distinct advantages the 176 has over the SN?

My experience with the small boats is limited to my American Skier 18 (Opa Locka, not Orlando) and I must say Ron got the wake right on that boat....

Best use is on a lake with Length restrictions on the boats, IMHO.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic