Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Craftlander Boat lift

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craftlander Boat lift
    Posted: April-29-2013 at 12:54am
Does anyone know the minimum operation level of a Craftlander Vertical Lift. 4500lb capacity. 120" Beam? I am considering purchasing a lift from someone on my lake but am unsure if it will go low enough for my boat. The reviews and specs claim they are good for "low water levels" there is anywhere from 2' to 3.5' of water where it would be in.
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Brian82683 Brian82683 wrote:

Does anyone know the minimum operation level of a Craftlander Vertical Lift. 4500lb capacity. 120" Beam? I am considering purchasing a lift from someone on my lake but am unsure if it will go low enough for my boat. The reviews and specs claim they are good for "low water levels" there is anywhere from 2' to 3.5' of water where it would be in.

It should operate out of the water! Just kidding, I know what you mean.

I would assume that by 2', they mean that it's two feet from the ground to the top of the cradle when fully lowered. You are going to need probably a minimum of 4' of water to get a boat on. 2" for the cradle and another 2' on top of that.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 3:21am
The 2' to 3' is how much water i have to work with. The left company just states that it can operate in low levels. If my guess is correct based on my assumed dimensions it should work in 24" to 28" of water. Not sure.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 3:46am

The 2' to 3' is how much water i have to work with. The left company just states that it can operate in low levels. If my guess is correct based on my assumed dimensions it should work in 24" to 28" of water. Not sure.

I doubt it will work. But I'm not an expert. Plus, don't 80s CCs draft around 24"? Or is it 20"? I should probably know that.

The pic below is of my Shore Station. You can see where the cradle would stop when fully lowered.

And according to the 1986 info in the reference section, my boat should draft 24". So you need at least 24" of water for your boat to float...and that would be on top of whatever the measurement is from ground to the top of the cradle when fully lowered.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 3:59am
Yea im not sure the exact depth but it is definitely deep enough for it to be moored. That was what I did last year. Crap I will be PO if I can use this lift. So just to confirm in the pic that is the lowest yours will go? I need to go take some measurements I think. I appreciate your input
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 9:55am
Brian,

The 24" draft spec is to the bottom of the rudder, the deepest point while at rest. The issue I've had with many Nautiques is getting the tracking fins over the aft crossmember of the lift, (mostly Shore Stations non-vee models) having to sometimes put all the passengers in the rear, to raise the bow a few inches. There are fin scars on my lift frame. I'd dig the lift foot pads in a few inches if the lake bottom is such. You can also adjust the boat support bunks to reduce the height of the boat above the lift frame, but your lift will be the clearance under the fins.

I know and enjoy several members from the Holland Aqua Riders show team, Any contacts?? I ski with US Water Ski Show team in Scotia, NY.

I'd get the lift, as you have a beautiful boat and the lift will help keep it that way!!

Todd

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 10:30am
Hi Todd,

I actually found the specs after several hours of searching. It says 24" to 72" of water. I think I have about 36" all around. Plus there is about 8" of muck. Im going to remeasure. That wouldn't be a good situation to be in. As far as the cross members, this lift has the 19" ski boat brackets. Yea I definitely want the lift, I am going to day to double check the measurements.

I actually ended up in Holland after visiting my friend Jay Drudi who had a ski show that day. Do you know him?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 10:36pm

So just to confirm in the pic that is the lowest yours will go?

No, ignore where the cradle is at now. Just look at the very bottom of the lift. The bottom of the cradle will only go as low as the 'base' of the lift...if that makes sense.

I still think you're going to be out of luck. But I added the bunks to my lift to make that older Shore Station inboard friendly. As a result, I need a lot of water to get a boat on now.   But $300 bucks for the kit was far cheaper than an entirely new lift.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 6:36am
OEM bunks for in boards with tracking fins can get pretty high so you may need to get creative. You'll see I cut out the original rear cross member and added one under it. No problem with the added cross member depth since it goes down into deeper water. Of course, this is a cantilever lift and one of the advantages being able to handle shallower water. Still, my lift sits in about 4' at the rear.

BTW, I cut out that cross member when the lift was in the water hanging over the side of my aluminum fishing boat - yes, with an electric Sawsall!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 2:23pm
Yea I stop at the lake yesterday and took a final measurement before I make the purchase. I have 33" in the front of the dock and 44" at the rear. This is of course before the lift sinks into the muck at the bottom. I think i am getting myself all worked up over nothing...
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 3:27pm
In addition to clearing the skegs you need to submerge the bunks enogh to float the boat on/off even at the lowest lake level. Keep on mind an inboard does not need to be as far up on the lift as the weight is centered not on the end as with a i/o or outboard.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 3:40pm

I think i am getting myself all worked up over nothing...

P71 is helping. I think you will be fine.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 7:27pm
I just put my lift in this afternoon. @ 40 feet from sh0e I have about 4 - 41/2' of water, but less toward shore.
Floe has a unique leveling system. Screwjacks raised and lowered with a socket chucked into a battery operated drill. They also have a measuring tape on each leg, and since the water is level all you need do is have all 4 legs @ the same measurement. Now to keep the lift level I make all four the same as the shallowest leg. The shallow leg bottoms out at 35" and this is plenty to sink the bunks enough to float on the boat and our lake is very low for spring so it should be good for the season.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 8:22pm
It sounds like you and i have a similar set up. Tomorrows the big day!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 8:27pm
Good point on the weight distribution. Nice set up you got there
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2013 at 7:04pm

Just got to level it out tomorrow and Ill be all set! Plenty of water
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I think i am getting myself all worked up over nothing...

P71 is helping. I think you will be fine.

Brilliant post. How insightful.

To the OP, glad it worked out for you. How much depth do you have to spare?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 10:36am
About a foot. After some digging up front...lots of muck in the back, so I bought some 16 by 16 patio pavers from homer last night. Im gonna spend a few hours leveling and get the boat on it later today.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2013 at 12:04am

About a foot. After some digging up front...lots of muck in the back, so I bought some 16 by 16 patio pavers from homer last night. Im gonna spend a few hours leveling and get the boat on it later today.

Awesome. Do you have to remove it in the winter time?
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2013 at 8:03pm
Hey Chris and Hollywood, I'm going to try to level my Shore Station 36108 tomorrow, and set up the bunks which are loose on the cross-members. I did not even think about those fins under the Supra. Ive got to level the thing too, as it is way off. God I cannot even imagine sticking my head under water to remove the pins and to try and raise the lower corners. Boat fever means its gotta happen soon.

You guys have any suggestions on leveling? Is it mask and wetsuit and cold to the bone, or is there a better way?

This is totally new to me, just like three years ago learning to drive an inboard. Can't wait to be an expert.
2008 MasterCraft 197TT
1996 Nautique Super Sport
1988 Waterlogged Supra Mariah
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2013 at 1:53pm
Peter, sorry, just saw this post. Sent you a PM, can help you out if you still need it.

Water is not bad, we footed on Tuesday, shorty wetsuit only.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 12:22am
I dont really have the space or the man power. Not to mention with the 1' of mud we have in front it would be like day one every year. Im going to buy a de-icer from eBay and keep it in the water....Im trying to lobby for the other members in the cover to invest in a aerator to eventually control the mud and weeds....only time will tell
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 8:20am
To add to the thread, I am hoping to pick up used Shore Station SS-36108A, so I will be going through the all of the above starting with moving it 4 hours, probably on a pontoon trailer. I have never had a Shore Station (or any other kind of lift for that matter). Is there any chance I can get away with using the elevated bunks for the 89 SN and Tique vs. the more radical solution Pete used? I probably have less than 4 feet of water at the dock when the lake is low. Is it possible to set up the bunks to accommodate the 89 SN and the 78 Tique? Is there anyone in the Triangle with Shore Station experience (or a toon trailer to loan for that matter)?
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 11:15am
Bunks will be fine for either boat.

I hope you are using a trailer that supports the pontoons and not one that goes under the floor.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 12:14pm
Wayne,

UHaul has an open trailer with dual axles you can rent, should be on their web site. You will need to remove all 4 feet and the wheel (canopy also if it has one), turn the lift up on one side and it will slide right in. Bring a ladder and some straps/anchor line to strap it criss cross for added stability. All the removed parts will fit in the trailer loose, so you will be good to go.

I have used the under pontoon trailer, ok for short trips, not stable enough for a 4 hr haul. Snowmobile trailer works also but prob not a whole lot of those down your way, lol.

4ft is plenty deep, if the SS is a modern bunk style you will simply need to adjust them up if not already there.

Long time Shorestation owner, they are the best vertical non floating lift out there, other then Floe if cost is not an issue.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 1:32pm
Hollywood, I was planning to use one that supported the pontoons as pictured below, but Qinner's idea is better.

Quinner, thanks for the suggestions. The bunks are little flat things (see the picture of the less nice lift ); the lift was set up for a Carolina Skiff, so I was thinking I would buy the Shorestation kit for elevated bunks.

I will let you all know how it goes.

89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 1:59pm
Measure twice rent once. I've also been left out to dry with Uhaul not having the actual trailer I reserved. Don't count on them. I made my own modern bunks with uni-strut and other misc hardware from HD. Slightly cheaper but much more labor.

Peter, I can help you this Saturday morning. Quinner will probably also be around.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 2:11pm
That's an old lift, worth about $500 up this way. You may want to price up those parts first, if you go with Shorestation specific it can get very pricey.

This would be a perfect setup for either boat, (with or without canopy)
3800-4000 lb capacity with the more modern bunks and the slight arc in the carriage.

That pontoon trailer setup in the pic would work however you will probably be exceeding standard width regulations.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 2:15pm
Those side boards and bow stop are nothing but in the way!

Ps thanks for letting me use your lift.... :)
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 6:12pm
Used free standing lifts seem to be rare down here. I have only seen a couple for less than $3000. This is the first time I have been able to get the owner to call me back. I think I can get it for around $1000. With moving and parts maybe $1500, still cheaper and more functional for my setting than any other solution I have been able to find. I guess I could look into a new one...
89 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic