NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake James 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake James 2013
    Posted: April-24-2013 at 12:37am

The time line : August 8 - 11

Thursday Morning course skiing/ bare footing for early arrive rs
Thursday Evening course skiing/ bare footing

Friday morning course skiing / bare footing   
Friday afternoon Meet And Greet with boats on land / swap meet?

Saturday Boats in water ( there are several sand bars that we can hang out at depending on the numbers. )
Saturday Night   Group dinner, lots of laughter

Sunday Open / swap meet possible

Places to stay:

Pokagon State Park for the campers (Located right on Lake James)
Fees as follows:
Front gate       Vehicles out of state $7
                 Vehicles in state     $5
Camping          Thursday - Saturday   $26.00 (electric)
                    "            "     $15.00 (no electric)

Potawatomi Inn (booked up for our date)

Ramada Inn
N State Road 127I- 69, Exit 154, Angola, IN 46703 1-855-809-3509

Hampton Inn
271 W. State Road 120, Fremont, Indiana 46737 1-260-495-9770

Holiday Inn
6245 N. Old 27 Fremont , Indiana   46737
Book online or call: 1 888 HOLIDAY (1 888 465 4329)

Days Inn Fremont
3701 N. St. Rt 53, OH Turnpike exit 91, Fremont, OH 43420
1-800-225-3297

There is a lot of space at the campground need to book asap! the best spot is loop campground 1

Hope to see you soon !

Kaptain Kirk   269-seven20- 23five six
camping site #106 9-11th

more to follow

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 12:42am
Will see if we can make it work...
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:31am
My wife and I will be there (sat-sun) hopefully without the kids! Let me know if anyone needs anything. Good to be able to meet some ccfans......
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:43am
I/we will be there, or at the Buckethead Barefoot race (or both).

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:50am
Too bad the Potawatomi Inn is booked. I try to stay there whenever I am in northeast Indiana on business. Great old place. Plus, they have a few docks for guests boats. The one bad thing is they don't serve booze. But, they do have plenty of puzzles and games for everyone.

So, is everybody leaning toward camping or hotels? I think camping would be fun if we could get enough campsites together. Its a very nice park.

The park was built back during the Depression as a government works project. All the cool old wood beam buildings are still there, and good as new.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 6:11pm
The Wise family will be arriving in the classic Winnebago, boat in tow..., Thursday August 8th and staying at site #104 (right next to Kaptin Kirk).

BTW- these sites are numbered really weird, don't assume site #105 is next to site #106...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 6:50pm
Booked 108. Any of you guy's familiar with this park?? Hopefully will be enough parking for boats/trailers where we are at.

For any of you guys on the fence, book a site now, if for some reason u cant make it, u have up to 7 days prior to cancel for a $10 fee.
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 9:14pm
I will be there Thur. - Sun. You forgot one thing some Wakeboarding
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 9:15pm
Has anybody talked to Dry Dock?
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:22pm
That's great Randy now I can repay some of my sponge dept off   lol

1st. the campground is broken up in to 5 sections. Section 1 is at the highest point and in my opinion by far the best, but I will warn you now its kinda narrow so the motor home pulling the boat might make the wife close her eyes for a few    but I have a solution for the boats more to come on that later.

A truck and boat will be easier and with every ones backing skills you should be good to go.

Next order of business is the Logistics of where to meet and where to drop the boats in ?
I have met with the owners of Dry Dock and we have come up with a great plan that will solve all our problems. I can't say enough these guys will be the ones who take all the credit when credit is due ! I need a little more time to come up with all the details but I assure you won't be disappointed

But as a teaser WE might have the pleasure of the Maloons joining in on the fun and who knows maybe they will break out a classic

The gas station that's on the water is ethenal free

and last for now Chris Patton who used to work at Midwest might also have a surprise for us

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Booked 108. Any of you guy's familiar with this park?? Hopefully will be enough parking for boats/trailers where we are at.

I took some picture of the area I will post them when get home its a great park.
one other note is that campground 1 has docks below that area so one could keep their boat in the water
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:37pm
really hoped this would work out but that weekend is booked for us already, have fun.
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 11:13pm
I'll come over for day. Sounds fun!
Toeboat

89 BFN w/454 bought new and still love it.
06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2013 at 1:50am
Has anyone stayed in the cabins? I assume they book up fast. Also, for lot 1 campground with electric, is it for camper trailer use only or tents allowed? Do apperciate it, thanks
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2013 at 9:41am
We'll be there for sure.....can't wait!!!!
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2013 at 12:58pm
Booked site #125.....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2013 at 1:30pm
It's a long shot, but we're booked. It may be for only one night, but I have site #123 for Friday and Saturday nights, in case the Buckethead is scheduled on a different weekend.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2013 at 2:10pm
Just booked site 110, even though I am not sure I have still camping equipment. I guess I better start making a tent from old boat covers and blue tarps .
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 10:47am
There are still some campsites available in campground 1 Anybody thinking about it reserve now and one can always cancel.

If my math is right I'm counting 14 boats so far   

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 4:15pm
http://www.madbrew.com/aboutUs.php Just opened on Lake James!
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 9:36pm
I'm still trying to work this in to my schedule looks like a great time.
Hopefully know by next week.

EDIT
OK I'm in site 127 confirmed arriving Wed afternoon so I can get the Thur early morning ski.
Can't wait always a great time.
ljsc showskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 2:41am
'78 Orange SN will definitely be there! (It's a given, since we live here!) DO have an open side of the pier if anyone needs a space in the water. Just give us a heads up!

LJSC Show skier
LJSC showskier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 10:46am
LJSC showskier

I'm assuming the LJ is Lake James. What does the SC stand for? What team do you ski with?
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:03am
Ski Club?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:30am
LJSC= Lake James Sports Club (we became a year-round activities organization; hence the name change from 'ski club' to 'sports' etc.) Sadly, we're no longer an active group, but many of us are still around, doing what we've always done: slalom, trick, ballet, swivel, build pyramids, barefoot; you know, SKI!!!!!
LJSC showskier
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by ljsc showskier ljsc showskier wrote:

but many of us are still around, doing what we've always done: slalom, trick, ballet, swivel, build pyramids, barefoot; you know, SKI!!!!!

Wow..I'm impressed..not many of us left anymore!! No wakeboarding, wakeskating, or surfing...how unique..skiing with a ski boat!!

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:38am
Yeah, there's a concept,right?!?
LJSC showskier
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:16pm
I'm wanting to get there for a day trip. Any day better than another?
Toeboat

06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 8:38pm
Hey, Toe,
Beware the week-ends; as you might expect, it's a little crazy (even though the weather this year has not been stellar on wk-nds); after this week, the va-ca crowd will have thinned a bit, so Mondays are sometimes nice (weather permitting, of course!) Mon-Tues-Weds ok, Thurs can see early wk-nd traffic, esp. in evening.
You choose....
LJSC showskier
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:34am
Thanks for the advice!
Toeboat

06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic